Welcome to Gaia! ::

ninitan
nightshade259
Random Question: Why does everyone stand the same way. If they are just standing there why do they all have the same pose? I have never seen that in real life.

Because no life drawing that's why. This is what happens when anime/manga is the only reference you have. Same for sitting poses, too -- it's one of the many telltale signs of a person who has never actually done any life drawing. Everyone stands the same way, everyone sits more or less the same way, etc. There's very little variation in the poses and character designs and none of them are particularly interesting or dynamic.

I agree. I have been working on that and in less then a year I have already expanded my pose collection.

And the rest of your point about the characters is just as valid. At a second look none of them really stand out.

Fashionable Raider

3,200 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Brandisher 100
  • Hygienic 200
nightshade259
Random Question: Why does everyone stand the same way. If they are just standing there why do they all have the same pose? I have never seen that in real life.

As for a critique. I would say perhaps work on character consistency. Sometimes that bandaged character looks different almost every time you draw them. I find it annoying if I have to think about what character that is.

And Iron Spike is right. We need the rest of the story just so that we could find interest in the story. And the lack of actual character personality appearance makes it so this could not be a opening. There are comics that can open with a fight scene and still work. This is not it.

Personally the wording could use some work. I think that is more an issue of knowing nothing of the characters before hand. How some one speaks is a character trait and without anything but fighting we can't tell that.

Overall needs work.

meh, nothing is perfect.

also, i don't feel like post the rest of the story because i know people with a very very "white" mindset will feel hard to accept my art. honestly, i don't get why people with a western background cannot accept new things? manga and realism just cannot be put under the same topic. manga supposed to be simplified and alternated, people read manga for enjoyment.

i'm asian, and i like western materials. but when i ask westerners, 80% of the time they would say "cannot stand anime, i feel sick just by looking at it".

yeah, perhaps that answers your question.

as for iron spike...well...you can see from his second post he's kinda narrow minded and would get upset easily...so no point taking him seriously.
Edithlegacy
manga and realism just cannot be put under the same topic.

Here, you should really have a look at this thread. It does a good job of explaining why you're wrong.

Fashionable Raider

3,200 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Brandisher 100
  • Hygienic 200
ninitan
nightshade259

Because no life drawing that's why. This is what happens when anime/manga is the only reference you have. Same for sitting poses, too -- it's one of the many telltale signs of a person who has never actually done any life drawing. Everyone stands the same way, everyone sits more or less the same way, etc. There's very little variation in the poses and character designs and none of them are particularly interesting or dynamic.

oh ok. sure, saying that before looking at my other works. fine, you want dynamic? i will post dynamic for you. just you wait.
Edithlegacy
ninitan
nightshade259

oh ok. sure, saying that before looking at my other works. fine, you want dynamic? i will post dynamic for you. just you wait.

bring it on.

Fashionable Raider

3,200 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Brandisher 100
  • Hygienic 200
ninitan
Edithlegacy

Here, you should really have a look at this thread. It does a good job of explaining why you're wrong.

i don't really care if you want to prove me wrong or anything. why are you so offensive?
Edithlegacy

as for iron spike...well...you can see from his second post he's kinda narrow minded and would get upset easily...so no point taking him seriously.

Yeah, like remember that one time someone told me in a completely civil tone that my manga wasn't absolutely perfect, and I totally lost my s**t and called them an idiot? Boy, was that-

oh wait.

Fashionable Raider

3,200 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Brandisher 100
  • Hygienic 200
ninitan
nightshade259

User Image
Edithlegacy
nightshade259

As for a critique. I would say perhaps work on character consistency. Sometimes that bandaged character looks different almost every time you draw them. I find it annoying if I have to think about what character that is.

And Iron Spike is right. We need the rest of the story just so that we could find interest in the story. And the lack of actual character personality appearance makes it so this could not be a opening. There are comics that can open with a fight scene and still work. This is not it.

Personally the wording could use some work. I think that is more an issue of knowing nothing of the characters before hand. How some one speaks is a character trait and without anything but fighting we can't tell that.

Overall needs work.

meh, nothing is perfect.

also, i don't feel like post the rest of the story because i know people with a very very "white" mindset will feel hard to accept my art. honestly, i don't get why people with a western background cannot accept new things? manga and realism just cannot be put under the same topic. manga supposed to be simplified and alternated, people read manga for enjoyment.

i'm asian, and i like western materials. but when i ask westerners, 80% of the time they would say "cannot stand anime, i feel sick just by looking at it".

It has nothing to do with style. I personally dislike comics with realistic art. I read American comics some times I can't stand how real it is. Anime same thing.

The problem with your "style" is it lacks a sense of life. It looks like you randomly through stuff together with no idea of how they fit together. Everything needs to fit or else your world won't work. In a comic you are creating a world not a picture.

What does being asian have to do with anything? I know Asians who hate anime and they are from Japan. Taste has nothing to do with anything.
Edithlegacy
ninitan
Edithlegacy

i don't really care if you want to prove me wrong or anything. why are you so offensive?

What? I'm trying to inform you that your statement is incorrect and providing you with an extremely informative link. Are you allergic to being wrong or something? I'm being perfectly civil.

Fashionable Raider

3,200 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Brandisher 100
  • Hygienic 200
IronSpike
Edithlegacy

Yeah, like remember that one time someone told me in a completely civil tone that my manga wasn't absolutely perfect, and I totally lost my s**t and called them an idiot? Boy, was that-

oh wait.

i thought you took that word lightly...

plus, it is not my fault you cannot read properly...seeesh.

Fashionable Raider

3,200 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Brandisher 100
  • Hygienic 200
ninitan
Edithlegacy
ninitan
Edithlegacy

What? I'm trying to inform you that your statement is incorrect and providing you with an extremely informative link. Are you allergic to being wrong or something? I'm being perfectly civil.

but dear, you have to know nothing is corret on this world. everything is bias.
Edithlegacy
but dear, you have to know nothing is corret on this world. everything is bias.

Right, your way is better than a centuries old tradition which has been proven to work perfectly over and over and over and over and over again. You're above life drawing. Ahead of the curve. Whatever. Enjoy drawing the same characters in the same poses with the same faces and hair styles forever then I guess.
Edithlegacy

i thought you took that word lightly...

plus, it is not my fault you cannot read properly...seeesh.

You're right. We must be talking about that time I dismissed all of the constructive criticism the forum provided by claiming they were all too white/Western to appreciate my comics, and then just pulled some random fabricated statistic out of my a** to validate my hilarious claim.

...Oh.

Hmm.

Fashionable Raider

3,200 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Brandisher 100
  • Hygienic 200
nightshade259
Edithlegacy
nightshade259

Overall needs work.

meh, nothing is perfect.

It has nothing to do with style. I personally dislike comics with realistic art. I read American comics some times I can't stand how real it is. Anime same thing.

The problem with your "style" is it lacks a sense of life. It looks like you randomly through stuff together with no idea of how they fit together. Everything needs to fit or else your world won't work. In a comic you are creating a world not a picture.

What does being asian have to do with anything? I know Asians who hate anime and they are from Japan. Taste has nothing to do with anything.

well again, you gotta see my whole story to know how those 3 pages fit into the whole thing.

ps yeah taste would be the better term. i was looking for that word. most westerners have little stomach for anime. at least that is my impression up till now. but again, like i said, everyone is bias.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff