Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hey all,

My friends and I are working on a comic together, but, since we obviously can't see each other all the time, we need a web site to host our different assignments, scripts, drafts, and whatnot so that we can all look at what the other is doing. We used to have a Facebook group dedicated to this, but we're thinking of relocating elsewhere on the web.

My question is, do you guys use the internet to host your work to share with others on your team? If so, what websites do you use?

Thanks!

Devoted Friend

13,350 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Befriended 100
Well....the only collaboration I am a part of, we use gaia to send what we have written back and forth.

Of course it's not a web comic...or any kind of comic...yet. But still, it's how we do things.

Anxious Lunatic

Although I work individually, I use MSN group chats whenever I want some help from my own friends. It's pretty good because I can send the comic script through the chat, and I can show art or a page that I'm working on because it will pop up adjacent to the conversation. And my friends can nitpick away at whatever I've done.

The good thing about it is that I don't have to worry about thieves or unwanted viewers because the chats are entirely private and my history erases them after logging off.

However, the downside is that it would require you figuring out when to be online all at the same time.

Shadowy Phantom

Google Drive. You can share folders rather than just single documents, which can keep things organised. The folder can contain all the relevant files (including images and other things Google can't edit, AFAIK), and you can work on certain files simultaneously.
Thanks for all your input! My friends were looking into Google drive, I think we're going to go with that. Thanks again! 3nodding

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff