Welcome to Gaia! ::

Popular Hunter

3,100 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Just starting to upload the first chapter. I will finish uploading the first chapter, around 30 pages, in a few hours.

here is my sample page:

User Image

Here is the link:

"Sheol Reset"

Anxious Lunatic

Hmm, worry less about promoting your manga and more about just doing it for a while. If you post it online and consistently continue to make pages, then people tend to stumble across it and tag along for the ride. After you keep posting regularly, then usually promotion comes through interaction. Most of my favourite webcomic artists also have a tumblr, where they'll answer questions about their comic as well as reblog/post stuff they like, and a deviantart, where they'll post other art. It really helps make the artist/author more relatable and approachable. If you already do have these other accounts, making them all attached and mentioned in the other ones makes it easy to navigate through your work.

Also, promoting others is a nice, friendly method to get yourself out there as well. Telling other artist's you enjoy their work/mangas and being active in your comic community goes a long way to getting recognition.

Popular Hunter

3,100 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Kenny Cappuchino
Hmm, worry less about promoting your manga and more about just doing it for a while. If you post it online and consistently continue to make pages, then people tend to stumble across it and tag along for the ride. After you keep posting regularly, then usually promotion comes through interaction. Most of my favourite webcomic artists also have a tumblr, where they'll answer questions about their comic as well as reblog/post stuff they like, and a deviantart, where they'll post other art. It really helps make the artist/author more relatable and approachable. If you already do have these other accounts, making them all attached and mentioned in the other ones makes it easy to navigate through your work.

Also, promoting others is a nice, friendly method to get yourself out there as well. Telling other artist's you enjoy their work/mangas and being active in your comic community goes a long way to getting recognition.

good tips.

seems like there is tons of work for me to do to promote my manga.

Thanks.
Holy crap XD that's amazing. I love your style, and i'm uber jelly. emotion_drool

Do you have this comic hosted anywhere? Or is this the only page so far? If you don't want to buy your own domain/hosting I suggest you slap it up on Smackjeeves or ComicFury the already built in community of those sites will instantly trickle in a decent audience if your art/writing is strong enough. You can also upload your webcomic to Tumblr using the "Simple Webcomic Theme".

Another way to spread the word is to submit your webcomic to directories like inkOUTBREAK and buy advertising on other webcomic's websites through Project Wonderful. Very affordable, almost everyone uses them, so you're sure to expose yourself to an audience that is already interested in seeking out other great webcomics just waiting to be discovered. emotion_yatta

Good luck! ~ emotion_bigheart

Popular Hunter

3,100 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Pizza Scout
Holy crap XD that's amazing. I love your style, and i'm uber jelly. emotion_drool

Do you have this comic hosted anywhere? Or is this the only page so far? If you don't want to buy your own domain/hosting I suggest you slap it up on Smackjeeves or ComicFury the already built in community of those sites will instantly trickle in a decent audience if your art/writing is strong enough. You can also upload your webcomic to Tumblr using the "Simple Webcomic Theme".

Another way to spread the word is to submit your webcomic to directories like inkOUTBREAK and buy advertising on other webcomic's websites through Project Wonderful. Very affordable, almost everyone uses them, so you're sure to expose yourself to an audience that is already interested in seeking out other great webcomics just waiting to be discovered. emotion_yatta

thank you so much for the tips~ this is great.

I have the 1st chapter ready to upload (26 pages) but I'm still working on my colored front page (cover page).

So I plan to upload everything in early December.

Devoted Friend

13,350 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Befriended 100
Let me know when/where you upload it so I can read it please!!!

Popular Hunter

3,100 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Snowblazer

ok I will~

Popular Hunter

3,100 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Pizza Scout

I have started to upload the first chapter. Please come and take a peek.

Popular Hunter

3,100 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Snowblazer

I have started to upload the first chapter. Please come and take a peek.

2,700 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
I love it. You characters are expressive too. That I like. Keep it coming. XD

Popular Hunter

3,100 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Inu Harrlance

Thank you. I will update the manga on a monthly basis. I'm sure to load up Chapter 2 before Christmas.

Shadowy Phantom

hisoka hxh
Inu Harrlance

Thank you. I will update the manga on a monthly basis. I'm sure to load up Chapter 2 before Christmas.

Although that drawing speed is admirable, I think your comic would benefit if you slowed down and took your time. A lot of the art looks rushed, and you take a lot of shortcuts that sacrifice clarity and make the art look careless.

Some of your panelling is hard to follow. Do you thumbnail your chapters ahead of time? If not, I highly recommend that you do, so that you can catch potential confusing layouts before you put any time into drawing the final art.

Popular Hunter

3,100 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Kyousouka
hisoka hxh
Inu Harrlance

Although that drawing speed is admirable, I think your comic would benefit if you slowed down and took your time. A lot of the art looks rushed, and you take a lot of shortcuts that sacrifice clarity and make the art look careless.

Some of your panelling is hard to follow. Do you thumbnail your chapters ahead of time? If not, I highly recommend that you do, so that you can catch potential confusing layouts before you put any time into drawing the final art.

thanks for the input. if possible, can you list me the panels you found confusing or rushed? I will take a look and learn from my flaws. thanks.

Shadowy Phantom

hisoka hxh
Kyousouka
hisoka hxh
Inu Harrlance

thanks for the input. if possible, can you list me the panels you found confusing or rushed? I will take a look and learn from my flaws. thanks.

Most of the pages have flow problems so I won't link them, but these have downright distracting problems:
Page 6 (unclear panel flow, unclear action)
Page 8 (panel order is clear, but the last panel comes out of nowhere and without some indication of that character's location relative to the main character, it's downright meaningless)
Page 10 (I have no idea what's going on here at all)
Page 11 (the panelling is okay, but that scene change is confusing, and the action most of the page doesn't read immediately)

Your most common problem seems to be poor/no transitions and establishing shots. Given that you're introducing this world for the first time in this chapter, and the chapter covers many locations, you should really be careful with how you show these places.
In particular, unless teleportation is a plot point, you should take the time to show the characters travelling. You don't need to show the entire journey, but you should suggest that they're going somewhere, and show their arrival at the very least. When Theo arrives at the gingerbread house, for example, we're treated to a lovely establishing shot, but no indication of the fact that he just got there or the fact that he's there at all. It becomes clear in the next panel, but it's a very jarring change.
This is made worse by the jumping between concurrent events. These kinds of jumps are difficult to pull off, especially when you have so much trouble even with basic transitions.

There are not, as far as I know, quick and easy formulas for how to make effective transitions and establishing shots. Scott McCloud talks about these things in his books, but I benefited the most from looking at good comics and analysing how and why they do what they do.

As for the rushed art: Just about every panel on every page, but particularly the "chibi" panels on page 8, and the scene in the gingerbread house dungeon. Some of the "careless" look also comes from the constantly changing proportions, which do not seem intentional most of the time.

Popular Hunter

3,100 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Kyousouka
hisoka hxh
Kyousouka
hisoka hxh
Inu Harrlance

Most of the pages have flow problems so I won't link them, but these have downright distracting problems:
Page 6 (unclear panel flow, unclear action)
Page 8 (panel order is clear, but the last panel comes out of nowhere and without some indication of that character's location relative to the main character, it's downright meaningless)
Page 10 (I have no idea what's going on here at all)
Page 11 (the panelling is okay, but that scene change is confusing, and the action most of the page doesn't read immediately)

Your most common problem seems to be poor/no transitions and establishing shots. Given that you're introducing this world for the first time in this chapter, and the chapter covers many locations, you should really be careful with how you show these places.
In particular, unless teleportation is a plot point, you should take the time to show the characters travelling. You don't need to show the entire journey, but you should suggest that they're going somewhere, and show their arrival at the very least. When Theo arrives at the gingerbread house, for example, we're treated to a lovely establishing shot, but no indication of the fact that he just got there or the fact that he's there at all. It becomes clear in the next panel, but it's a very jarring change.
This is made worse by the jumping between concurrent events. These kinds of jumps are difficult to pull off, especially when you have so much trouble even with basic transitions.

There are not, as far as I know, quick and easy formulas for how to make effective transitions and establishing shots. Scott McCloud talks about these things in his books, but I benefited the most from looking at good comics and analysing how and why they do what they do.

As for the rushed art: Just about every panel on every page, but particularly the "chibi" panels on page 8, and the scene in the gingerbread house dungeon. Some of the "careless" look also comes from the constantly changing proportions, which do not seem intentional most of the time.

you are right about the rush plot since I was rushing it a bit to get things moving. maybe it was too fast.

good points! I will slow down a bit next time but it will take a lot of practice and getting use to since i'm a very fast paced person and I dislike slow plots.

but I don't particular agree with the rushed art since I cannot see why it is rushed. maybe you have a higher standard for art taste since you might into fabulous drawings (and that is a respectful quality), or maybe eventually I will see from your perspective but i'm just not there yet.

thanks for the feedback again and I will def try harder in the coming chapter in terms of plot and flow.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff