Welcome to Gaia! ::

I can't picture a young girl watching her parents die and then shedding only a single tear. Sorry.

Distinct Humorist

7,100 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Timid 100
You have made some spelling mistakes. I would recommend typing your script up and using spellcheck before you write it into your comic.

4,850 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Tycoon 200
  • Alchemy Level 2 100
i would put it off until you can draw figures consistently and fluidly, your artwork seems a little stiff and the angles are all ways from the side or front from what you have displayed.
try and think more about the movement of the characters and how their hair and clothes would move create more dramatic angles and action based poses. (looking up from the ground is a really nice angle for fighting) you also seem to be really struggling with arms and hands (oh arn't we all.) don't be afraid to look up reference or take your own, it will help you all the more to understand and develop your drawing skills.
Good luck with it.
okay...... um these are ALLLLLLLLLL ******** ROUGH SCETCHES AND ROUGH DRAFTS! SO I AM GETTING A LITTLE PISSED AT ALL THE NEGATIVITY. DO I HAVE TO BE ANY CLEARER??????? HOW DO I DELEAT THIS FORUM????
You cannot delete a forum. If you are displeased with the thread, just abandon it.
okay thank you. i am very displeased with the comments ive been getting. ive been beat down on A STYLE of art that i was TRYING, as well as the story itself. if they feel they are giving me CONSTRUCTIVE criticism they are indeed wrong. everything i put online is only of a rough draft in nature. i already knew about spelling and to critique art is almost an art in itself you have to know the artist and what they are trying to get across thru their style of choice. as well as they must not judge from a personal opinionated perspective but rather a professional businesslike perspective.

plus i would never put my A+ work online, because if i did i would have it stolen from me. all good artists and writers know this fact. so for future referance if they will keep that in mind i will make it a better point to make it known that alllllll things i post are not finalized. if i keep getting disrespectful results i then will quit posting. i may even do that now. either way its the publics loss. not mine.

on a happier note there were some good questions and critiques that i recieved, such as "why is there a japanese name on a different planet." well im brainstorming ways that i can keep the name as it is but have a logical reason for it.

anyways. things like that are much appreciated. other things like saying "I couldnt picture this" or "i couldnt picture that" are not good ways of critiquing. u need to follow it up with your reason. thats from my perspective anyway.

thank you for the above listed "GOOD" critique. and boo hiss to all you other gold gatherer who post short unhelpful answers and bash others by not putting effort into your opinions and critiques...

but all in all i have learned to be a bit more careful and precise in my posting.

i hope you all read this.

thank you.
Sapphira Adi Marie
plus i would never put my A+ work online, because if i did i would have it stolen from me. all good artists and writers know this fact.

I'm sorry but this is just bullshit. We all put our best works online. That's how we get commissions and so on.
ninitan
Sapphira Adi Marie
plus i would never put my A+ work online, because if i did i would have it stolen from me. all good artists and writers know this fact.

I'm sorry but this is just bullshit. We all put our best works online. That's how we get commissions and so on.

you shouldnt, not on a site like this.
Sapphira Adi Marie
ninitan
Sapphira Adi Marie

you shouldnt, not on a site like this.

It doesn't matter. If people want to steal your art, they're going to steal it no matter where you post it. If they steal it on Gaia, I can report them and they'll get banned. Tumblr will remove stolen content if you report it to them, and so will DA and most other sites. If you don't post the best work that you have, how can you expect people to want to pay for it or even look at it?

I'm not going to say anything about your art because you obviously don't want critiques and that's okay, it's your choice, but if you're not posting something that really shows what you're capable of, you can't really say "oh shut up that's not what my art actually looks like" when someone says something about your art that you didn't like.
im just saying i dont put my best work online first. i dont feel publishing online should be the first thing you do.... id rather get it published in a book and later put online once its protected. i only search for critiqe on my roughs. and then keep the finals to myself. thats all im saying. and i like critiqes.... i guess i just didnt like how the people were saying them.
Sapphira Adi Marie
im just saying i dont put my best work online first. i dont feel publishing online should be the first thing you do.... id rather get it published in a book and later put online once its protected. i only search for critiqe on my roughs. and then keep the finals to myself. thats all im saying. and i like critiqes.... i guess i just didnt like how the people were saying them.

I understand.

But roughs are the best and easiest way to tell how skilled an artist is.
how do you mean?
You can tell the skill level of an artist from a rough sketch. Even is someone is just drawing the base shapes of the figures, a decent eye does not need finished work to tell how good an artists is. If someone knows the basics of figure drawing, design, perspective, and any other various things that make a good artist, it will be obvious even in work that is not the best of their best.

From the work that has been posted here, it looks like the artist needs a significant amount more work on figure drawing, backgrounds, and sequential storytelling in general. That does not mean that this person will never be a good artist, it only means that s/he needs to practice and study these elements a lot more.
It is not just about practicing, after all, you can practice the wrong thing over and over again. What you need to do is practice, critique that practice work (both from self criticism, and the critiques of other artists) and then practice again, but correct the mistakes.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff