Fashionable Ladykiller

11,550 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Popular Thread 100
Tenko72
Catanaition N. D.
Tenko72
I need to ask this before I forget again.
Tenko72
Whenever I read about pages, I wonder why the direction pages get turned don't match with how you read the words. I understand why words are read a certain way, but why don't pages go in the direction the words do? Shouldn't pages in English be turned left to right, since that's how you read them? This has been bugging me since elementary school, since I'd always flip the pages the same direction the words went in.

Now that I've got that off of my chest, it's easiest to read things in the order the words go in. It really, really, really is. You want to make things easy for the people reading your comic. You don't want to make them jump through hoops. They can always choose to read something easier on them. I do it all the time. The only hard to read books I've ever bought were text books.

I've honestly never read a good comic in a left-to-right language that originally went right-to-left. Hilariously, when I come across one that is good, it ends up being made by someone who translated it from a right-to-left language into English.

But... pages do go left->right (or right-to-left in the countries where that is the reading direction). If you mean the literal page flipping itself... um. Physics? The laws of the universe? That's why.
I meant the literal one. Your answer made me smile.

XD I'm glad!