Welcome to Gaia! ::

Rogue

i really really cant draw legs and arms could someone please help me?
Draw from life and practice. There is no shortcut.
The Siara Moon

What exactly do you have trouble with? Is it the proportions, the general form, attachment or all of the above? Nothing will help you more than studying people irl like LostPriestess said, but if you need specific pointers, give us a sample of your work and we can tell you how to fix/improve it.
Start off with stick men, and use a blob to indicate where the shoulder, elbow and wrist start.

Then use these models to figure out the dimensions of your arms. The rest will slip into place as you turn the correctly sized dimensions into arms.

The same works for legs, using a stick man and blobs to show where the leg attaches to the pelvis, a blob for the knee and a blob for the anke.

Check out my efforts
My cartoons

Rogue

Marksmanx3
The Siara Moon

What exactly do you have trouble with? Is it the proportions, the general form, attachment or all of the above? Nothing will help you more than studying people irl like LostPriestess said, but if you need specific pointers, give us a sample of your work and we can tell you how to fix/improve it.

i have issues with proportion and general form (i cant shade very well either, but i'd like to deal with one prob at a time). i'd like to show a sample but i have no idea how to do that because i'm about as technologically capable as a post.

Tipsy Codger

I can't really give you specific information without a sample of your work but it sounds like you really need to work on the basics of form. Especially since you mention you cannot shade very well, since that denotes a lack of practice studying 3D forms.

Draw everyone around you, draw objects and rooms, just keep practicing forever. Draw your own arms, draw your friends. Don't just stick to arms, though, draw whole forms. Draw really loose at first and get the whole picture on paper and tighten from there. Don't get lost in details.

Are you taking any classes, because an instructor would be able to guide you much more effectively.

Rogue

to be more specific about shading, i cannot shade people. objects and large lizards are just fine.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff