Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fluffy Bunny

6,250 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Pet Lover 100
So I Finnished drawing editing and coloring my hand made comic....now what? sad

Shadowy Phantom

What do you want to do with it?

If you want to show it to people for free, then you can upload it somewhere. If it's short and can be put into one image, you can put it on an art site such as dA. If it's longer, or simply reads better 1-2 pages at a time rather than in one big image, then try a comic hosting site such as SmackJeeves or MangaMagazine.

If you want to make money with it, try selling printed copies at conventions. If it's short, you might be able to submit it somewhere, there are a few anthology projects and magazines that pay for submissions, though they're hard to find and even harder to get into. If it's a long comic and you think you can advertise it well enough to make it very popular, you can try to get premium status at MangaMagazine (which pays according to the amount of visitors you get). If you don't think you can make it super-popular, you could make it a free webcomic and try to make money with donations, advertising, and merch, like most webcomickers do. That only works in the long term though, so don't bother if it's a very short comic.

If you don't care about showing it to an audience, there's nothing wrong with keeping it to yourself.

Fluffy Bunny

6,250 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Pet Lover 100
Kyousouka
What do you want to do with it?

If you want to show it to people for free, then you can upload it somewhere. If it's short and can be put into one image, you can put it on an art site such as dA. If it's longer, or simply reads better 1-2 pages at a time rather than in one big image, then try a comic hosting site such as SmackJeeves or MangaMagazine.

If you want to make money with it, try selling printed copies at conventions. If it's short, you might be able to submit it somewhere, there are a few anthology projects and magazines that pay for submissions, though they're hard to find and even harder to get into. If it's a long comic and you think you can advertise it well enough to make it very popular, you can try to get premium status at MangaMagazine (which pays according to the amount of visitors you get). If you don't think you can make it super-popular, you could make it a free webcomic and try to make money with donations, advertising, and merch, like most webcomickers do. That only works in the long term though, so don't bother if it's a very short comic.

If you don't care about showing it to an audience, there's nothing wrong with keeping it to yourself.

thx its about 50 pages full computer paper size and I wanna publish it is their a certain place I can go to do that? It's hand draw not computerized ;0

Shadowy Phantom

xxx starchan xxx
thx its about 50 pages full computer paper size and I wanna publish it is their a certain place I can go to do that? It's hand draw not computerized ;0

By "publish" to you mean submit it to a publisher for print and online distribution, get it printed so you can self-publish it, or just put it somewhere where people can see? The first and last options are both forms of publishing, and the middle one is a step towards print publishing that some people confuse with actual publishing.

There are lots of places where you can get your work printed, but if you're self-publishing, it can be expensive, especially for colour.
You'll need to scan your pages at a large resolution (for printer paper, 300-600 dpi would be good), make the scans clean and pretty.
Your pages need to have proportions suitable for whatever format book you intend to have these printed as. If you're self-publishing this is flexible because most printing companies can print books in almost any proportions, but publishers, even ones that do online distribution instead of print, typically expect a specific size.
If this is meant for print, you need to make sure that you account for things like bleed and margins. which is something you should have done while drawing the comic, but depending on the format, you may be able to add the required margins digitally without damaging the artwork.

Some publishers might do this work for you, but since you're not a proven successful creator (if you were, you wouldn't have made this thread), they would most likely expect you to submit properly formatted pages. Check out specific publishers' guidelines for their requirements, if that's what you want to do. There's a master list of comic publisher submission guidelines floating around, I'm sure you can google for it. Keep in mind, however, that the vast majority of publishers do not accept unsolicited stories.

Fluffy Bunny

6,250 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Pet Lover 100
There are lots of places where you can get your work printed, but if you're self-publishing, it can be expensive, especially for colour.
You'll need to scan your pages at a large resolution (for printer paper, 300-600 dpi would be good), make the scans clean and pretty.
Your pages need to haveu, but since you're not a proven successful creator (if you were, you wouldn't have made this thread), they would most likely expect you to submit properly formatted pages. Check out specific publishers' guidelines for their requirements, if that's what you want to do. There's a master list of comic publisher submission guidelines floating around, I'm sure you can google for it. Keep in mind, however, that the vast majority of publishers do not accept unsolicited stories.

Wow I didn't know publishing would be so complicated I just want copys of my book sold at some stores well I guess I can start with getting it copy rights u know a web site? ;0

Magical Investigator

22,875 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Pine Perfection 250
  • Forum Regular 100
I'm not familiar enough with publishing to help you with that. Honestly, if I did, I'd have made an attempt to publish something by now...

xxx starchan xxx
It's hand draw not computerized ;0

You can scan it though. emotion_awesome

Fluffy Bunny

6,250 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Pet Lover 100
Xiam
I'm not familiar enough with publishing to help you with that. Honestly, if I did, I'd have made an attempt to publish something by now...

xxx starchan xxx
It's hand draw not computerized ;0

You can scan it though. emotion_awesome

ya that's an idea thx :3

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items