Welcome to Gaia! ::

Not That I think any one cares but I thought I would share it with you guys this comic will probably never be made because of two reasons 1.I suck at drawing 2. No artist will be my co helper sooo,... But the comic is going to be about me When I'm older I cut love out Forever and don't even have one night stands my life is boring and I work in a office in till I meet some people from my past that change every thing...
If any one wants to help me with some of the ocs and shizz that would be great heart

Shadowy Phantom

That comic sounds like it could have some very unfortunate implications (namely that aromanticity and asexuality are bad and make people boring, and are problems to be fixed, and that sex and romance are one and the same). On those grounds alone, I would change the story. You would be perpetuating a Hollywood cliché that some people already take to be true, and it's a rather harmful one at that (just ask any asexual how they were treated when they came out as such).
Kyousouka
That comic sounds like it could have some very unfortunate implications (namely that aromanticity and asexuality are bad and make people boring, and are problems to be fixed, and that sex and romance are one and the same). On those grounds alone, I would change the story. You would be perpetuating a Hollywood cliché that some people already take to be true, and it's a rather harmful one at that (just ask any asexual how they were treated when they came out as such).

Yah your right....

Magical Investigator

22,875 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Pine Perfection 250
  • Forum Regular 100
Kyousouka

Not every story needs to break clichés to be original or enjoyable, you know...

I mean, I can't exactly comprehend or get interested in this particular story, but I'm not generally a fan of most "The main character is the author" stories.

Also, OP, it seems odd that you'd write about yourself in the future. It's really hard to gauge how you, personally, will be in the future. Generally it's easier to either make up a whole new character who could be you, or were you in the past. But in making an original character, you also have more freedom to do whatever you want with them.

Also, a boring character is, as you might guess, boring. Unless the boringness is a character trait you can make interesting (sounds paradoxical, I know), or used as a sort of foil to the interesting things around them.

A great example is Arthur Dent from The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, a perfectly normal human being who manages to adapt well to the completely absurd environment of the rest of the galaxy after he is thrown into after the destruction of Earth, but at one point actually becomes a revered person on one planet as... a sandwich maker.

Shadowy Phantom

Xiam
Kyousouka

I'm all for good use of common tropes. My problem with the OP's premise isn't that it's a cliché, but that it's a very harmful one.
Xiam
Kyousouka

I mean, I can't exactly comprehend or get interested in this particular story, but I'm not generally a fan of most "The main character is the author" stories.

Also, OP, it seems odd that you'd write about yourself in the future. It's really hard to gauge how you, personally, will be in the future. Generally it's easier to either make up a whole new character who could be you, or were you in the past. But in making an original character, you also have more freedom to do whatever you want with them.

Also, a boring character is, as you might guess, boring. Unless the boringness is a character trait you can make interesting (sounds paradoxical, I know), or used as a sort of foil to the interesting things around them.

A great example is Arthur Dent from The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, a perfectly normal human being who manages to adapt well to the completely absurd environment of the rest of the galaxy after he is thrown into after the destruction of Earth, but at one point actually becomes a revered person on one planet as... a sandwich maker.

Yah I know it weird that I write about my self Im ust terrible at making ocs xD lol

Magical Investigator

22,875 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Pine Perfection 250
  • Forum Regular 100
Kyousouka
I'm all for good use of common tropes. My problem with the OP's premise isn't that it's a cliché, but that it's a very harmful one.

Not necessarily. I mean, if it's played as satire...

Gay rainbowsXXX
Yah I know it weird that I write about my self Im ust terrible at making ocs xD lol

They're not so hard, once you get the hang of various personality types, and start seeing your characters as people in themselves. It's pretty fun, really. I usually start out with archetypes, but then I start delving into their past, their interests, and their views on life, and I end up with some pretty neat individuals I utterly enjoy writing. 3nodding
Xiam
Kyousouka

Gay rainbowsXXX

They're not so hard, once you get the hang of various personality types, and start seeing your characters as people in themselves. It's pretty fun, really. I usually start out with archetypes, but then I start delving into their past, their interests, and their views on life, and I end up with some pretty neat individuals I utterly enjoy writing. 3nodding

Maybe you could help me come up with ocs some time Because I suck at it sweatdrop lol xD xD

Magical Investigator

22,875 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Pine Perfection 250
  • Forum Regular 100
Gay rainbowsXXX
Xiam
Kyousouka

Gay rainbowsXXX

Maybe you could help me come up with ocs some time Because I suck at it sweatdrop lol xD xD

Eh, just treat them like people and you'll do alright.

Also check this out, and this. (Though the second article I gave you is linked in the first article, so you can just click from there when you get there. You'll end up with a shitload of TV Tropes links up anyway.)
Xiam
Gay rainbowsXXX
Xiam
Kyousouka

Gay rainbowsXXX

Eh, just treat them like people and you'll do alright.

Also check this out, and this. (Though the second article I gave you is linked in the first article, so you can just click from there when you get there. You'll end up with a shitload of TV Tropes links up anyway.)

Thanks these where really helpful xD

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces