Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hello, a few friends and I are working on a comic, however everyone is very busy with there selected tasks be it writing marketing or drawing, and no one has time to make a logo, our little group is called CMM COMICS, and I was wondering if anyone here could give us a hand with a logo for the top corner of our covers, this would be greatly appreciated and you would get a special thanks in our first issue.

I apologize if I have posted this in the wrong area
If you really can't make it yourself, hire a graphic designer. "Special thanks" in the first issue is no kind of payment at all, especially if you're assuming that the person creating this logo for you is also going to be handing over the rights to the image. Honestly, you may as well do it yourself. xp
we can't afford one right now, that is why I was thinking someone from gaia would give us a helping hand
I'm kind of confused...

If you don't have the money to hire a designer, why don't you make it yourself? Why don't you save up? If you can't find time to make your own logo, why should anyone else find time to make your logo when you aren't paying anything? Do you think that the logo that a stranger pulls out of their butt (pardon my French) will be any better than a logo you pull out of your own butt? Surely the time it took to create and respond to this thread would have been enough to get some thumbnails and preliminary sketches going.

How about the legal stuff- do you have a contract drawn out for this arrangement at all? Will you take the rights to the logo (even though it's free), or will you let the person who is making the logo for you retain the rights? Will you make this clear to the person who draws for you? Where will the logo be used? Just in digital media? Or for print, too? Are you going to sell the comics for a profit?

I'm not trying to be disrespectful, but this request raises all kinds of red flags and questions for me. eek

I think this belongs in the requests forum but I am not sure. sweatdrop

Dapper Explorer

I was very excited by the sound of your project and drew up a logo right away. I used complimentary colors to make the logo stand out. I learned about complimentary colors in school because I am a smart. This is the best logo your money can buy!

User Image

I hereby transfer all rights for this image, intellectual and moral, over to you. Moral rights meaning I can’t sue you if you use this logo to misrepresent me as a pompous d**k.

Seriously man take five seconds to draw some shapes on scrap paper. I have now proven to you that you will do the best job yourself.
^nice of you smile

Dapper Explorer

afairytail
^nice of you smile

I have such a kind heart full of benevolence.

7,350 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Contributor 150
  • Noob wrangler 100
Madcap_Bekkers
I was very excited by the sound of your project and drew up a logo right away. I used complimentary colors to make the logo stand out. I learned about complimentary colors in school because I am a smart. This is the best logo your money can buy!

User Image

I hereby transfer all rights for this image, intellectual and moral, over to you. Moral rights meaning I can’t sue you if you use this logo to misrepresent me as a pompous d**k.

Seriously man take five seconds to draw some shapes on scrap paper. I have now proven to you that you will do the best job yourself.

Only if you were for hire.
I'm a little confused... if you don't have enough time to make a quick logo, then how on earth are you going to have enough time to make a comic?

Dapper Explorer

meta-madness
Only if you were for hire.

I am, but unfortunately the better I'm paid the less it looks like masterpieces like this and the more it looks like actual art.

7,350 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Contributor 150
  • Noob wrangler 100
wraightsky
I'm a little confused... if you don't have enough time to make a quick logo, then how on earth are you going to have enough time to make a comic?
SOmetimes logo's are a group project if one moves on to the comic while other's work on the logo think as a group not a single man project.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff