Welcome to Gaia! ::

Im making a manga with my friend, and here are the characters! Please tell me what you think of them!<br>

Miyuki Yoshimura
Shizuka Yoshimura
Mizuko
En
Katomi Nagasawa
Kenta Katsuyama
Naomi Hatamaki
Ayame Tanemura
</br>
Ok, they are the main characters...

8,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Brandisher 100
Without knowing the setting, I cannot judge the name.

If it is taking place in Japan, please tell me you know more about Japan than what you saw in anime/manga..... sweatdrop
I think these names are highly generic and unoriginal, even without seeing the characters, and would only work good in a generic comic full of cliches and uninspired subjects.
Stiltz
I think these names are highly generic and unoriginal, even without seeing the characters, and would only work good in a generic comic full of cliches and uninspired subjects.

And tell me that the name "Spike" for a badass isn't cliche. Or "Jet" for that matter.

The names may be unoriginal and stereotypical, but that has no affect on the final product.
nice, those names are so "SHINING"

best way of getting stuff copied is posting on forums
They're basically cool but 'En' might need some help. Just make it a little longer or something.

Unbeatable Prophet

15,475 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Bookworm 100
  • Normal Everyday Human 50
Kokiri Miji
They're basically cool but 'En' might need some help. Just make it a little longer or something.

en was the only one i liked . . .
honestly...
it really sounds "cliché"... your characters might be good but the names just make them look stereotypical.... if you want real japanese names look on the web or anything but for a manga, you shouldnt use that kind of names... well course it depends on the kind of story u wanna do...
anyway... xd
The names aren't bad, but did you notice their last names all have 3 syllables, well, the one's that have last names. That part might need some work.

It seems like you tried too hard to come up with these, they're very Japanese, but they sound too....stereotypical, if that's what you were going for, kudos to you, but that's just my opinion. smile
While I agree that the names do need work, I must say that stereotypical names can be completely out of sync with the character (example "Tiny"=very large bodybuilder) and that's perfectly alright. Generic names can be useful to. If the setting is, say, urban Japan, a typical counding name would feel like it fits. However, if the characters are supposed to be magical bunny people (just using as example), then the names would probably have to be more tweaked to the character.
Shiken Daisuke
However, if the characters are supposed to be magical bunny people

Hoppity Fluffbottom
Spotsy
Cabbages
Her Royal Highness, the Queen of Pelletmunch
Twinklewhiskers
Stan
Mister Wigglenose

Sometimes... sometimes these strange thoughts come over me.
I don't know why.
megrar
Kokiri Miji

Agreed; It was the only one that stood out and got me interested. The other ones need work...of course, that's just me and how my perticular brain works.

Stop Him, you've got the best names XD Espeicially Mr. Wigglenose
avichan
megrar
Kokiri Miji
'En' might need some help.

Agreed; the other ones need work...

*Nods* I think En was the best one on the list. That might have been because the rest were all so generic. If it's like... a blandesque setting with unique-y circumstances (say like Fruits Basket- which is what the name Ayame reminded me of) the character names work.

Otherwise... they're just kinda boring. Maybe they could use some interesting nicknames... or kickass supa-powas! pwned! lmao!!111

*Shakes head*
I like the names - but me-being a european - always forgets nice japanese names - so ... just don't make them too difficult ^^

I also have some probs with 'en' 'cus in Dutch it means 'and' - so first I was reading: ... mizuko and katomi ... but yeah that's just 'cus I'm Dutch ^^

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff