Welcome to Gaia! ::

Lara Valentine Braddock
If you don't necessarily hate this movie, and your kind of borderline with it, you gotta watch this video.
You'll understand the movie x10 better!
The story goes more in depth than you could ever imagine.
But i doubt there's anyone who can see the movie like i do. Through my eyes.

]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Ikv-nk9X0M

I think if a movie needs a full length explanation to understand it (better) then someone's failed along the line >_>;;
story telling - okay
characterization - extremely poor, every time I thought 'yay they're gonna do a character building scene!' it'd flip to the next day >.>;;
plot twist - not all that twisty
character design and art direction - the only appealing factor to the movie, those character designs were the bomb! heart heart
see where they failed, and make sure you don't fall into the same traps in trying to make your idea similar
This thread isn't even about the movie!
I just need help writing a story.
Lara Valentine Braddock
ninitan
Read the forum rules.

sorry but what about the forum rules? heart
and very cute avi by the way!

Read them and find out? You're breaking two rules here.
[~Ramble.Corset~]

I think if a movie needs a full length explanation to understand it (better) then someone's failed along the line >_>;;

Bingo.

Oh hey I'll just leave this here.

8,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Brandisher 100
[~Ramble.Corset~]

This times a million.

Lara Valentine Braddock
This thread isn't even about the movie!
I just need help writing a story.

Considering how it's your main influence for wanting to make a comic, of course it's going to be talked about.

Also: you're not allowed to ask for ideas here. Collaborating, yes. But ideas are the easiest part of making a comic.
[~Ramble.Corset~]
Lara Valentine Braddock
If you don't necessarily hate this movie, and your kind of borderline with it, you gotta watch this video.
You'll understand the movie x10 better!
The story goes more in depth than you could ever imagine.
But i doubt there's anyone who can see the movie like i do. Through my eyes.

]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Ikv-nk9X0M

story telling - okay
characterization - extremely poor, every time I thought 'yay they're gonna do a character building scene!' it'd flip to the next day >.>;;
plot twist - not all that twisty
character design and art direction - the only appealing factor to the movie, those character designs were the bomb! heart heart
see where they failed, and make sure you don't fall into the same traps in trying to make your idea similar

The full explanation is only for those who didn't understand the movie.
For example, all the haters.
They only hate it cause they didn't understand it.
Lara Valentine Braddock
The full explanation is only for those who didn't understand the movie.

There's nothing to understand. It's a terrible film.
Lara Valentine Braddock

The only thing I fail to understand is why a film as loud, silly, and repulsive as "Sucker Punch," which manages to bray and blather absurdly about "empowerment" in a story that revolves around enslaved sex workers in dollar store stripper-wear whose only hope for escape is fantasizing their way through their exploitation, is something you consider worth defending.

"Sucker Punch" is confused, sadistic, sad, and awful. But I guess you're at that age where anything with a bangin' soundtrack, big explosions, bullet time and a never-ending green screen does it for you, huh. I'm sure Hollywood appreciates your complete lack of judgement and taste.

I imagine you'll be first in line for the "Battleship" movie, too.

Blessed Citizen

9,400 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Partygoer 500
No being mean to my Lara!

Alright here's the cheese:

Ok so, everyone has a right to their own opinion and likes. But that doesn't mean that we should be disrespectful to others. I know, I'm not your mothers, in fact, you people are probably more mature than me, and this really isn't my business. But I don't want to see my friend sad. So, lets all forget this ever happened, because in the rules it states the flaming isn't acceptable.

Man, now I feel like I'm trying to be a mom here xD

But anyways Lara, I didn't see the movie, but maybe you could do something like sailor moon? Meaning like the kick butt girls in Sucker Punch are sailor moonish? I dunno xD
xXlolsmileylolXx
No being mean to my Lara!

If your friend says something stupid here, shes going to get called on it. and if she can't deal with that without calling in friends like you to throw themselves on the grenade, she should find a less honest and opinionated forum. We're not backslap dispensers.

Blessed Citizen

9,400 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Partygoer 500
Alright alright, ok, ok, ok xD

She didn't call me in, I was trying to give her an opinion. But like I said it was really none of my beezwax so I don't know why I butted in, I need to work on that xD

But umm yeah I'll be sure to tell her that, and thanks for the opinion, I think that the difference between opinions in beautiful, and it gives everyone their own piece of individuality ^.^

Btw, whoever did you avi art is awesome xD

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get Items
Get Gaia Cash
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games