Welcome to Gaia! ::

So I desperately need help writing this comic book idea!
Sucker Punch is my FAVORITE movie ever! heart
So I wanted to create a comic that has the all-girl a** kicking team!
But I have no idea how to turn that into a huge story, but to make it as different from Sucker Punch as possible! heart
I've got a couple of ideas but I could really use another person's help.
Depends on how you help me, I can give you some free, full-body, colored, avi art! heart heart
Please think about it?
Bump! heart
Bump! heart
Read the forum rules.
Lara Valentine Braddock

Sucker Punch is my FAVORITE movie ever! heart

That's probably the most appalling thing I've heard all day.

(Would linking this even do any good? somehow I doubt it.)
IronSpike

That's probably the most appalling thing I've heard all day.

(Would linking this even do any good? somehow I doubt it.)

I'm sorry but that is the most appalling thing I have heard/seen. Sucker Punch is obviously not a child's movie, but I agree that it is a bit "Mary Sue". I think it's just a guy's imagination. Nothing wrong with that.

Profitable Prophet

Hey, now, Spike. I really enjoyed Sucker Punch! Can't recall what it was about, but there were a lot of guns. And swords. And scantily-clad women.

Mmm...
Scantily-clad women.

The point is, it wasn't a BAD movie, it had really good action set pieces, it just sort of missed the boat on the whole "feminism" thing.

Also, I have no idea what your art actually looks like, OP, so I don't know why I'd want to write this for you (not that I wouldn't, cause this is really inside my writing bag, I just try to have some artistic standards).
ninitan
Read the forum rules.

sorry but what about the forum rules? heart
and very cute avi by the way!
If you don't necessarily hate this movie, and your kind of borderline with it, you gotta watch this video.
You'll understand the movie x10 better!
The story goes more in depth than you could ever imagine.
But i doubt there's anyone who can see the movie like i do. Through my eyes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Ikv-nk9X0M

Profitable Prophet

I think the movie TRIES to go incredibly deep. It just fails rather horribly.

Don't get me wrong, I love this movie. I just think the symbolization is a bit pretentious, and in trying to be more than it was (a movie about girls in fetishistic outfits kicking a**) it managed to alienate a lot of people who would have liked it much more if it weren't trying so damn hard to be some sort of super smart and intelligent movie.
Niiwa

Don't get me wrong, I love this movie. I just think the symbolization is a bit pretentious, and in trying to be more than it was (a movie about girls in fetishistic outfits kicking a**) it managed to alienate a lot of people who would have liked it much more if it weren't trying so damn hard to be some sort of super smart and intelligent movie.

No seriously, if you want, watch the video.
There's a reason for everything!
It literally is a full explanation heart

Profitable Prophet

Lara Valentine Braddock
Niiwa

I have seen that video, and I understand that there's supposed to be a reason for everything, but for the most part it's just justification and post-criticism explanations, that, if it were a movie that was actually deep, would have been easy enough to understand by the majority of critics that reviewed it (as the majority of critics that reviewed it found no real deeper meaning to it).
Niiwa
Lara Valentine Braddock
Niiwa

I have seen that video, and I understand that there's supposed to be a reason for everything, but for the most part it's just justification and post-criticism explanations, that, if it were a movie that was actually deep, would have been easy enough to understand by the majority of critics that reviewed it (as the majority of critics that reviewed it found no real deeper meaning to it).

And it sounded like you were one of them, but now it sounds like you're not?

Profitable Prophet

Lara Valentine Braddock
Niiwa
Lara Valentine Braddock
Niiwa

I'm really not. I understand what it was trying to say and do, but it just didn't work out. That happens with movies all the time. That still doesn't mean that it should have gotten passed off like it was. The characters were fairly boring, and the story overstepped its bounds, but the action and the set pieces were, for lack of a less dramatic word, magnificent. I love that movie. Just not for anything it was trying to say.
Niiwa
Lara Valentine Braddock
Niiwa
Lara Valentine Braddock
Niiwa

I'm really not. I understand what it was trying to say and do, but it just didn't work out. That happens with movies all the time. That still doesn't mean that it should have gotten passed off like it was. The characters were fairly boring, and the story overstepped its bounds, but the action and the set pieces were, for lack of a less dramatic word, magnificent. I love that movie. Just not for anything it was trying to say.

Well, I respect your opinion anyway. heart
Thanks for the. . .discussion? haha

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get Items
Get Gaia Cash
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff