Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hey, I'm just wondering what kind of tablet you guys are using with drawing. Don't have one, and decided after one day after buying Manga Studio Debut 4 that I need one.

I don't wanna know about the price of what you use. I just wanna know what the pros are of what your using, and what you consider the best.

(Plus, I dont know if this is where I should of posted this question, but I didn't quite know where to put it.)
used to use a capax A3 tablet and then moved on to a wacom TS4. Loved both of them but the wacom is definately superior in terms of lineart <3 while the capax was good at not being so sensitive for the colouring settings I had
I use an old (2008 model) wacom bamboo...it was among the cheapest ones back then and it's not that good/advanced but it still does the job well. I'm going to buy a big intuos or, hopefully, a cintiq once I graduate from this university (which is about comic-cartoon btw razz )

Especially if you're a starter with the tablets I'd suggest buying a cheap one (bamboos now are much more advanced than 2008 ones anyway) and try it. It's not really worth buying something too expensive/advanced unless you're going to be serious about your art.
I personally use a nice little Wacom Bamboo Pen, it's small and does the job xD Though I will be upgrading to an Intuo 4 after Christmas, it still has been a great tablet through the time period I've been using it xD I'd definitely suggest a Wacom for anybody, they might be a bit more pricy but they definitely have the quality behind them.

Sparkling Garbage

9,525 Points
  • Trash Can Supporter 50
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Beta Gaian 0
the only ones i've tried is the Bamboo Pen and the Intuos4. and i just loveeeeee my Intuos4. i got the large one so it's kinda big and at first i wasn't used to it but you'll get there wink basically, the only ones i could compare right now are these two.

Bamboo Pen: The pros are that it's small, portable, cheap and is for general purpose i.e. signing, writing, etc. The cons, when compared to the Intuos4 is that it doesn't have pressure sensitivity and the nibs are limited. I think they only have one or two pair of nibs for this.

Intuos4: The pros are it's pressure sensitivity, it has shortcut buttons that seriously helps, tons of nibs for different purposes, has an airbrush pen (I don't have this, never used it and don't intend to but hey, if I have more money in the future, I will) and ummm... When you buy the Intuos4, Wacom lets you download 3 out of 4 or 5 programs if you register your product at their site. I got Photoshop Elements, Corel Painter, and this other one that I forgot -______- One of the cons is that it's expensive (I got mine for like $400 -- I got large) and if you don't draw digitally that much, it's basically a waste of money... I think? I don't draw that much digitally nowadays but my sister uses it -___-

Sparkly Seeker

Wacom bamboo not sure what version.. can glitch as in the zooming or the placement of the mouse. There is also the wacom inkling. And im looking to buy a cintque maybe you should check that out too bit pricey but i heard it is worth it.

Generous Noob

vo-neko
Wacom bamboo not sure what version.. can glitch as in the zooming or the placement of the mouse. There is also the wacom inkling. And im looking to buy a cintque maybe you should check that out too bit pricey but i heard it is worth it.

Have you bought a Cintiq? I would really like to know how it is since I'm thinking of upgrading to one. Not sure which model either but man the 24HD is so sexy.

Fashionable Dark Elf

9,800 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Market Browser 100
User ImageUser Image

I started off with a tiny little Aiptek tablet, which was good for getting started. The big downsides were that the pen was heavy because it held a AA battery, and that the drawing space was tiny (4"x6" or something). Not that I realized these were issues at the time, but when I upgraded to an Intuos 3, the differences became apparent immediately. My Intuos 3 has withstood the test of time - I finally had to buy a new pen a couple of weeks ago because my old one was wearing out, but the tablet works fine and I have probably had it for 4 or 5 years now.

I only use the tablet when I'm on the road and need something portable, as I also have a Cintiq 21UX (the old model), which is my drawing tool of choice. It's amazing - I can sketch/line so much faster (and with much more confidence) on the Cintiq than on the Intuos. I doubt I would have gotten it if I'd had to pay full price though - the bf ended getting it used from the folks at Pixar for way cheap.

Sparkly Seeker

Amadeus Wolf

No, I haven't bought one- but i've heard a lot about them. They say if you're a pro you should consider buying one since they are still as sensitive and as glitchy (but i agree they are sexy)

I was at first looking towards a Wacom Cintiq 21UX G2, but now i think i may just upgrade my tablet for a sexier one.

wow just read the quote above so this ( ^) is a good choice :/ hm... maybe i should consider one. Perhaps all the negatives about a cintiq is just lack of practice from impatient people...

Shirtless Reveler

I use a non-name brand 10" tablet off Amazon. It was a good deal, considering the fact that it's pretty big and it works fine. But if you want something smoother, it's best to get a Bamboo or Wacom, unless you're just starting out like me. ^ - ^

The thing that I didn't really like about Bamboo was the price and the fact that the tips wear down so quickly! So consider the price of tips and the speed in which they wear down before buying too! x3
[~Ramble.Corset~]
used to use a capax A3 tablet and then moved on to a wacom TS4. Loved both of them but the wacom is definately superior in terms of lineart <3 while the capax was good at not being so sensitive for the colouring settings I had

wacom TS4 i agree they are cool mrgreen mrgreen mrgreen mrgreen mrgreen mrgreen mrgreen mrgreen mrgreen :
Rindi
User ImageUser Image

I started off with a tiny little Aiptek tablet, which was good for getting started. The big downsides were that the pen was heavy because it held a AA battery, and that the drawing space was tiny (4"x6" or something). Not that I realized these were issues at the time, but when I upgraded to an Intuos 3, the differences became apparent immediately. My Intuos 3 has withstood the test of time - I finally had to buy a new pen a couple of weeks ago because my old one was wearing out, but the tablet works fine and I have probably had it for 4 or 5 years now.

I only use the tablet when I'm on the road and need something portable, as I also have a Cintiq 21UX (the old model), which is my drawing tool of choice. It's amazing - I can sketch/line so much faster (and with much more confidence) on the Cintiq than on the Intuos. I doubt I would have gotten it if I'd had to pay full price though - the bf ended getting it used from the folks at Pixar for way cheap.

Aiptek tablet they work i used to have one
Any tablet is fine. I would just buy the cheapest wacom tablet. The only complaint I have with the cheap wacom tablets are the gibing things under the tablet, so I would just buy some better ones to replace them, or put the tablet on a jelly mat.
i too want a tablet to draw with any suggestion? i hear that intuos4 is good
mrsinger
i too want a tablet to draw with any suggestion? i hear that intuos4 is good
it's sexy, but sometimes the tablet driver doesn't work wen you start it up and the only way to fix it is to restart the computer, other than that though it's a beauty <3

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff