Welcome to Gaia! ::

I'd change your coloring/shading scheme. With a line-art style like that, you won't want hyper-realism shading. It throws off the flow.

Maybe make it a more simplistic with the shading and color. Sharp borders, not ones that blur into each color.
Have 3 levels of darkness, 2 levels of light, and one flat color.
Deamus
So far, and I might be completely wrong about this, but....

********, ********, feck feck feck feck ******** ******** ******** was really, really distracting. Cursing is fine, but it feels like he was cursing just to curse?

Other than that, the female that was introduced feels very underwhelming in terms of design. The two males that were introduced are pretty personable and their interactions are entertaining, but she just falls flat and generic.

Otherwise your art is really very good and the comic overall was enjoyable <3

Haha, yes he does curse to curse. He curses too much as a character trait but I'll try watch out for other characters doing it too much too. And as for the girl she falls flat because she's just not a character. You may never see her ever again but I still get where you're coming from. Maybe I should make it more obvious that she's a nobody because she is there in the very beginning.

Thanks for the kind words, and I'll watch out for who's cursing and when.
xVagina Explosionx
I'd change your coloring/shading scheme. With a line-art style like that, you won't want hyper-realism shading. It throws off the flow.

Maybe make it a more simplistic with the shading and color. Sharp borders, not ones that blur into each color.
Have 3 levels of darkness, 2 levels of light, and one flat color.

Thanks for the advice. Its something I'm really trying to work on but I just can't help myself! It doesn't even look very good. I've tried to leave it as cell shading but somewhere in my mind it keeps telling me to soften it! I need to learn restraint which might make my pages look better with less work,

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff