Welcome to Gaia! ::

I already have 13 pages, please check it out and tell me what you think. You can leave comments here or there. ^_^
Spirit Academy
Looks cute if not kinda predictable^^ You might want to work on profiles a little. The chins look too far back.
Good luck.
<center> It was nice! ^ ^ you might wantto give the scenes a background though. </center>

Witty Nymph

Meh...it's ok...I'm not sure my advice would be worth much considering I'm not a fan of that style...O_o
WHy is it that every comic out there seems to start with someone being late for school....?
nice one. you should work a bit more on the proportions and backgrounds, but overall it's ok. 3nodding
very cool. however, it seems kinda run-of-the-mill. ya know? sorry. sweatdrop
it's good..I have two things I rate ya on...ze art and ze script and itself..

Art: Ehh..in sum shots I thought u did a good job..but there were sum scenes which were umm...flat...I'd say..And now for advice I c many ppl need who draw manga. DON'T MAKE THE NOSE GO OUT SO MUCH! I c this too much when I look at ameatuar ( did I spell that rite?) manga. And as for the style...is way too cutiesy wottiesy for my taste...but hey that's just me... sweatdrop
Script: It's good...I like the concept that when she first met...(Andrew was it?) She was scared as hell..I thought it was orginal..in a way. And anywho the fact that she and her classmates attend sum sort of magical accadmy ( This reminds me of Harry Potter...) But hey it's good.
Well, I'll give you criticism as I read it. On page 1, I don't think the second last panel (at the bottom) needs to have that wedge shape to it. Just leave it as a rectangle, otherwise it looks a little awkward. smile
Okay. reading more, it appears that your biggest problem is backgrounds. Something has to be happening in every panel, be it a bunch of speed lines, or solid black, or a normal background, with perspective and shading and stuff. If you rely exclusively on white backgrounds, then it just seems like a bunch of talking heads. If the mood is desperate and gloomy, use a black bacground that slowly fades downward into white.. If the character makes a sudden realization that dtrikes HORROR into his/her heart, make a lightning bolt in a black background, with a grey-shaded character. smile

There's more to drawing manga than just the characters. Nice start though. wink
Some toning will really boost it up wink
The very first panel with the girl, and the chibi resembel (sp?) Princess Ai so badly I feel like stabbing... Seriously... o.o *maybe just reads too much manga* scream I'm angry!! ... o.o crying I'm sad... and I'm suspicious stare that you might have just redrawn and redressed Princess Ai domokun
cute,but try reinforcing the lines on teh boxes and characters,and bump up the backgrounds a bit.It still looks sketchy(like it hasnt been touched up)otherwise cute.heh but what Am I saying?ic ant draw lol,Im just a writer^_^

*goes back to playing D&D and being a writer geeko.o
It's ok, but it's lacking tones.

And is it just me, or is it kinda a rip off of Psychic Academy? domokun
I think it's quite good. xd Your good at showing different emotions of the characters on their faces but yeah you need to work on backgrounds.
Just wondering when you do mangas like this do you do them on A4 or what? if anyone could tell me sweatdrop thanx

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff