Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hey everyone! Thought I'd let you see my manga, called Jaded Empathy. Click here to see it!

Anyway, I just started putting it on the net this week, so there's not much to see thus far. It's about a geeky kid who gets into a sticky situation ^.^ I won't tell you anymore than that, you'll have to keep reading!

It's full colour and I update on a weekly basis. I put a LOT of work into it, and I'm surprised how well the site's looking seeing as I have almost no expirience with HTML, so please VOTE for me ^.^ Oh, and join the forum!

Any advice would be welcome... Anything at all!
This is Promotions subforum material, don't you think?
I think you need to work on anatomy...
First off, Kudos to you for actuly doing it.

Now that my nice personality #12 has been satisfied, on to tiny evil natzi mode.

1. It's just a chapter intro page.
This is the comic creators fourm, and so far, YOU HAVE NO COMIC. Bleu was right, this should go in the promo bin.
2. Is he a furry? An elf? A scary mutant hareless mole-rat hybrid that somebody poured acid on? You just can't tell.
3. Why is he crabwalking?

I would come up with more rants, but my tiny evil natzi personality is tired from crushing hopes and dreams.

Although, most webcomics I like started with uber-crappy art that morphed over time to become newstand-worthy. (Shifters, anyone?)
You've got a nice idea with starting a webcomic, and be proud of yourself for taking the first step.
The question is: do you have the motivation to keep it up?

I personally have no interest in your comic, because I've only seen the cover page, and those don't excite me very much. If you had a decent intro consisting of four or five pages, then yeah, I might stick around and wait for you to update.
But I won't. I don't want to wait for next week to check up on a webcomic that I may not like in the first place.
The point: if you want people to have an interest in your work, give them a good sample of your talent, instead of teasing them with one picture. More people will read it, and you'll get more feedback.
Hmm... I like the way everybody is so graceful with their comments...

Right, anyway. I agree, I do need to work on anatomy, and I hope that as I continue to work on it, I will be able to improve. At the moment, I have about 10 pages waiting to be posted, but I'd rather not post them at the moment. I need to get used to updating once a week, EVERY week. If I'm 10 pages ahead, that means I've also got a lot of time to put into later pages, ie. I'm not rushed off my butt. This isn't just promo either, I'm hoping for more critique later on, when I post more and more. This is the comic creators forum, I am a comic creator...

I know I'm not the best artist, but I know if I stick with it, I will improve. Actually, I think that there is quite an improvement just in what I have on my comp at the moment.

He's an elf.

And crushing hopes and dreams isn't exactly encouraging, y'know?

Uhm... Oh yeah, the part where you said you'd stick around and wait for me to update if I had more pages... Well, the whole point is, if I post everything I have already, you'll be waiting longer than I'd like you to, because I've got to try and balence schoolwork and comic work.

God, this post is a bit muddled... But, meh -.-

Thanks to everyone for commenting, I'll take everything into mind.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff