8,550 Points
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Popular Thread 100
hisoka hxh
Ophelianime
hisoka hxh
Ophelianime
ANNOUNCEMENT: I am getting ready to pitch my manga to a publishing company! To that end, I need to pick out 5 - 10 sequential pages of my manga to them. However, I'm having a tough time trying to decide which pages to send. So, I would like the suggestions of my loyal fans! Which pages do you think I should send?

sorry dear, i'm in a dissapointing mood today. normally i would help out but now i'm all depressed

T.T

(to see why plz check out the latest shonen jump international contest results..so bias)

bummer man
what might it take to cheer you up?

nothing. I'm out of here.

Welp, I understand your frustration
those results did look kind of biased
anyway, NEW UPDATE!
and I just re-checked the submission guidelines, and found I can send more than just ten pages. So I'm going to send the first three chapters. What do you think of that idea?

Popular Hunter

3,100 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Ophelianime
hisoka hxh
Ophelianime
hisoka hxh
Ophelianime
ANNOUNCEMENT: I am getting ready to pitch my manga to a publishing company! To that end, I need to pick out 5 - 10 sequential pages of my manga to them. However, I'm having a tough time trying to decide which pages to send. So, I would like the suggestions of my loyal fans! Which pages do you think I should send?

sorry dear, i'm in a dissapointing mood today. normally i would help out but now i'm all depressed

T.T

(to see why plz check out the latest shonen jump international contest results..so bias)

bummer man

anyway, NEW UPDATE!
and I just re-checked the submission guidelines, and found I can send more than just ten pages. So I'm going to send the first three chapters. What do you think of that idea?

yeah if you want. it is fine.

but a word of advice to your artist. try to redraw some of the pages/panels to make it more professional before submitting. cause honestly the art right now isn't publishable. anatomy, background, shading all need to be improved.

look, I know the "future me" would like to help out by be more specific, but the "now me" is just not up to it. I had a really crappy month. Nothing but bad luck. Bad things happened to work, family, and relationships. I should really stop now since I don't intend to whine like a baby.

So good luck to your project and Merry Christmas.

Chatty Dabbler

8,550 Points
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Popular Thread 100
hisoka hxh
Ophelianime
hisoka hxh
Ophelianime
hisoka hxh
Ophelianime

T.T

bummer man

anyway, NEW UPDATE!

yeah if you want. it is fine.

but a word of advice to your artist. try to redraw some of the pages/panels to make it more professional before submitting. cause honestly the art right now isn't publishable. anatomy, background, shading all need to be improved.

look, I know the "future me" would like to help out by be more specific, but the "now me" is just not up to it. I had a really crappy month. Nothing but bad luck. Bad things happened to work, family, and relationships. I should really stop now since I don't intend to whine like a baby.

So good luck to your project and Merry Christmas.

that's ok, I get it
I pray things go better for you
Merry Christmas

Chatty Dabbler

8,550 Points
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Popular Thread 100
Now putting together a project proposal for a manga publishing company!

Fashionable Raider

3,200 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Brandisher 100
  • Hygienic 200
ahh..I spotted a minor mistake from page 7 of chapter 5. The uncle disappeared from the top panel. He is supposed to be located left hand side of the nephew, right?

Story is good. Maybe speed up the plot just a bit more?

Shadowy Phantom

I think three chapters is too much to send in a proposal. Send a chapter at most. That, if your story is written well, should be enough to give them a good idea of what the comic and your abilities are like without overwhelming them.

Editors are busy people (even at very small publishing companies, albeit for different reasons), so they often don't even bother reading samples that are too long or that don't look great at first glance.

I agree with hisoka that your comic doesn't look quite professional, but the things that make it look so are omnipresent and a few redraws wouldn't be enough. Send the comic anyway. I've seen comics with more obvious problems published, since artists improve and editors do realize that.

If publishing doesn't work out, consider doing some advertising so that your comic can draw in enough readers to get a good chunk of MangaMagazine's premium pool. It's possible to make a modest living through that, apparently. It's popularity-based and it's probably less financially risky to get the same returns through MM than through a more traditional publisher. The downsides to MM are there's a lower maximum to your profits and you can't coast by on having a single influx of readers, you have to maintain readership to keep getting paid. No full-story deals or advances with MM.

Chatty Dabbler

8,550 Points
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Popular Thread 100
Kyousouka
I think three chapters is too much to send in a proposal. Send a chapter at most. That, if your story is written well, should be enough to give them a good idea of what the comic and your abilities are like without overwhelming them.

Editors are busy people (even at very small publishing companies, albeit for different reasons), so they often don't even bother reading samples that are too long or that don't look great at first glance.

I agree with hisoka that your comic doesn't look quite professional, but the things that make it look so are omnipresent and a few redraws wouldn't be enough. Send the comic anyway. I've seen comics with more obvious problems published, since artists improve and editors do realize that.

If publishing doesn't work out, consider doing some advertising so that your comic can draw in enough readers to get a good chunk of their premium pool. It's possible to make a modest living through that, apparently. It's popularity-based and it's probably less financially risky to get the same returns through MM than through a more traditional publisher. The downsides to MM are there's a lower maximum to your profits and you can't coast by on having a single influx of readers, you have to maintain readership to keep getting paid. No full-story deals or advances with MM.

thank you very much. I appreciate the insight

Popular Hunter

3,100 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Hi I'm back.

I'm so glad that 2013 is over and things are getting a bit peaceful after new year.

Anyway, happy new year.

Also, can you point out which pages you are going to submit? I can help you by taking a good look (story-wise and art-wise).

Chatty Dabbler

8,550 Points
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Popular Thread 100
hisoka hxh
Hi I'm back.

I'm so glad that 2013 is over and things are getting a bit peaceful after new year.

Anyway, happy new year.

Also, can you point out which pages you are going to submit? I can help you by taking a good look (story-wise and art-wise).

Happy New Year!
I was thinking of maybe sending the first chapter. What are your thoughts? Keep in mind it is an 8 page minimum, but they haven't specified a maximum

Popular Hunter

3,100 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Ophelianime
hisoka hxh
Hi I'm back.

Anyway, happy new year.

Happy New Year!
I was thinking of maybe sending the first chapter. What are your thoughts? Keep in mind it is an 8 page minimum, but they haven't specified a maximum

The first chapter is actually pretty good (fast-paced). Story-wise I have nothing to add. As for art-wise, sometimes the pages are a bit confusing. An good example would be page 10 where the flow of the panels is a bit messy. Before sending it out, may I ask if this is your only chance of sending it to this publisher? if so, you might want to make sure the first chapter is as perfect as it can get.

Chatty Dabbler

8,550 Points
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Popular Thread 100
hisoka hxh
Ophelianime
hisoka hxh
Hi I'm back.

Anyway, happy new year.

Happy New Year!

The first chapter is actually pretty good (fast-paced). Story-wise I have nothing to add. As for art-wise, sometimes the pages are a bit confusing. An good example would be page 10 where the flow of the panels is a bit messy. Before sending it out, may I ask if this is your only chance of sending it to this publisher? if so, you might want to make sure the first chapter is as perfect as it can get.

according to the submission guidelines, art does not need to be final

Popular Hunter

3,100 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Ophelianime
hisoka hxh
Ophelianime
hisoka hxh
Hi I'm back.

Anyway, happy new year.

Happy New Year!

Ok, go for it. It is good to go.

Chatty Dabbler

8,550 Points
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Popular Thread 100
hisoka hxh
Ophelianime
hisoka hxh
Ophelianime
hisoka hxh
Hi I'm back.

Anyway, happy new year.

Happy New Year!

Ok, go for it. It is good to go.

Thanks!
by the way, I just made an update

Chatty Dabbler

8,550 Points
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Popular Thread 100
MANGA UPDATE

Popular Hunter

3,100 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
i have been treated the same way when i was buying my car. those salesmen are always so very pushy.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff