Welcome to Gaia! ::

7,050 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Dressed Up 200
So I desided to draw a manga and see how far I can go with my art, I know I'm not really good but this is this pratice it's not the real thing. I was hoping that maybe one day I can get a program that can let me draw in manga style so yeah. And no it's is not like vampire knight this is a demon/vampire/angel manga. I know I'm not really good at feet, hand's, or other stuff that you might fined very bad drawing but still. Like I said before this is just pratice.
The main person is the girl in the middle called Remey and I don't know what to call the two guy's yet. I will deside that later in the progress. I hope you will enjoy my art and wish me luck. My dream is to be an manga artist.
User Image
1) User Image
2) User Image

So this is this is my first page of my manga took me three hour's to do, well it felt like it xD. So this is just a dream that she's having and her hair is curled. I'm not really good at drawing curled hair but this is just pratice and hope to go furether. Vampire Knight inspired me to draw a manga and so did all anime that I love. She is having a dream that a vampire or someone murdered her family right in front of her.
So this is the second page of the manga that I'm working on. As far as I can tell that she's in a living room sitting by the fire looking frighten beacuse someone was murdering her family in front of her and then I tried to draw blood (I'm not really good at that LOL) but it's worth a shot at drawing it. Now I'm not really good at drawing far and near so yeah you can tell by the photo itself. So I hope that you will enjoy it as much as I do. I will be drawing every day and see how much I can draw and imangin of the manga. So thank's for vewing.

8,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Brandisher 100
First off, a program will not 'help draw manga'. It will draw what you draw, and often it will look worse than in real life because you don't have the same level of control as you do with a pencil, especially at first. I say this because I come across too many people that think a program will magically help them get better.

Second, I really recommend doing gesture sketches of people while you're outside. Draw people talking, laughing, actually doing things. This will help your manga greatly both in the poses you choose and anatomy. A manga full of people posing prettily or talking heads can get really old, really fast. Just drawing from life in general can vastly improve your repertoire of tools to use in your comic. Sure, still life drawings can be a bit dull, but it's easy draw a chandelier if you've already drawn one in detail.

7,050 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Dressed Up 200
Seijaku_Ishida
First off, a program will not 'help draw manga'. It will draw what you draw, and often it will look worse than in real life because you don't have the same level of control as you do with a pencil, especially at first. I say this because I come across too many people that think a program will magically help them get better.

Second, I really recommend doing gesture sketches of people while you're outside. Draw people talking, laughing, actually doing things. This will help your manga greatly both in the poses you choose and anatomy. A manga full of people posing prettily or talking heads can get really old, really fast. Just drawing from life in general can vastly improve your repertoire of tools to use in your comic. Sure, still life drawings can be a bit dull, but it's easy draw a chandelier if you've already drawn one in detail.

I'm being very honest that I'm not a good drawer at all and i suck sadly.. And drawing still life is very, very hard for me but I do try and I suck more if I keep on trying.. I'm not really good at paporshion or how every you say it. And thank you for the tip's and the saport I would love to draw a manga someday but.. That will praobly take time and effeort and I will be willing to do so.. I just need pratice and pratice.. And I know again I'm not that very good like other people are I see on youtube and here.. But.. I do try my best if that's all that matter's.

Gracious Abductee

Your drawings remind me of how I started out, all it takes is the right attitude. Reading your posting saying "I suck, I'm not good at this I'm not good at that." Thinking like that won't get you anywhere. There comes a point where you have to think "I can do better than this and I will work until I am." Art is a constant improvement. You just need to stop thinking that you aren't good enough.
This is a piece I did in 2006, and if you look in my sig that's something I did just a few days ago. You can improve, you just need to work hard enough for it.

frantic spark's Senpai

Angelic Unicorn

Corner of the Universe
Seijaku_Ishida

I'm being very honest that I'm not a good drawer at all and i suck sadly.. And drawing still life is very, very hard for me but I do try and I suck more if I keep on trying.. I'm not really good at paporshion or how every you say it. And thank you for the tip's and the saport I would love to draw a manga someday but.. That will praobly take time and effeort and I will be willing to do so.. I just need pratice and pratice.. And I know again I'm not that very good like other people are I see on youtube and here.. But.. I do try my best if that's all that matter's.
Perspective.
One point perspective

Perspective also helps when drawing people or any object. Your number one lesson should be actually looking at what you are drawing instead of drawing your idea of what you are drawing. People are better than you because they have practiced and studied longer. No one is instantly good, it takes time to learn. Also computers don''t make you better than what you can do.

8,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Brandisher 100
Corner of the Universe
Seijaku_Ishida

People don't get good overnight. So yes, practice everything! Don't just limit yourself to manga.

I actually just went back to college for art because sometimes it helps to have someone push you to get better. So just keep at it.

7,050 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Dressed Up 200
Sapphire-Youn
Your drawings remind me of how I started out, all it takes is the right attitude. Reading your posting saying "I suck, I'm not good at this I'm not good at that." Thinking like that won't get you anywhere. There comes a point where you have to think "I can do better than this and I will work until I am." Art is a constant improvement. You just need to stop thinking that you aren't good enough.
This is a piece I did in 2006, and if you look in my sig that's something I did just a few days ago. You can improve, you just need to work hard enough for it.

Thank you for the serport that I do draw a lot and try my best sometime's I do the best I can and try not to give up but some day's with I post my art on here people say I suck and so I just agree and do better.. It keep's my movavashion going. smile But thank you very much.

Hilarious Prophet

3,700 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Tycoon 200
it looks good heart

7,050 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Dressed Up 200
God-the-almighty
Corner of the Universe
Seijaku_Ishida

Perspective.
One point perspective

Perspective also helps when drawing people or any object. Your number one lesson should be actually looking at what you are drawing instead of drawing your idea of what you are drawing. People are better than you because they have practiced and studied longer. No one is instantly good, it takes time to learn. Also computers don''t make you better than what you can do.

I know I try my best if you can tell I'm not that good but I try and I do want to become a good artitst one day and try my best on drawing anime. That's my passion for now. I've been inspired anime since I was like what two year's old. And my dream was to be eather a artist that is with real life, or with anime. I love to draw and I would love to keep on going with my art. Even thou people may hate it. I still think I can improve with the background's; yes you can see that I'm not really good with angle's and such (xD) but I dident have a rule at the time.... >.< I might redraw it some day but now it's just pratice.

7,050 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Dressed Up 200
blackraylancerx
it looks good heart

LOL Thank you Jed. ;3

Hilarious Prophet

3,700 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Tycoon 200
Corner of the Universe
blackraylancerx
it looks good heart

LOL Thank you Jed. ;3

np ;D

frantic spark's Senpai

Angelic Unicorn

Corner of the Universe
God-the-almighty
Corner of the Universe
Seijaku_Ishida

Perspective.
One point perspective

I know I try my best if you can tell I'm not that good but I try and I do want to become a good artitst one day and try my best on drawing anime. That's my passion for now. I've been inspired anime since I was like what two year's old. And my dream was to be eather a artist that is with real life, or with anime. I love to draw and I would love to keep on going with my art. Even thou people may hate it. I still think I can improve with the background's; yes you can see that I'm not really good with angle's and such (xD) but I dident have a rule at the time.... >.< I might redraw it some day but now it's just pratice.
It's not an either or thing, the foundations work for any kind of art even anime.

7,050 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Dressed Up 200
God-the-almighty
Corner of the Universe
God-the-almighty
Corner of the Universe
Seijaku_Ishida

Perspective.
One point perspective

It's not an either or thing, the foundations work for any kind of art even anime.

I would like to learn how to do background's and shading first.

7,050 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Dressed Up 200
blackraylancerx
Corner of the Universe
blackraylancerx
it looks good heart

LOL Thank you Jed. ;3

np ;D

LOL IM me or we can hang in rally or Hollywood. ;3

frantic spark's Senpai

Angelic Unicorn

Corner of the Universe
God-the-almighty
Corner of the Universe
God-the-almighty
Corner of the Universe
Seijaku_Ishida

Perspective.
One point perspective

I would like to learn how to do background's and shading first.
One thing that will put you ahead of a lot of people is to think of it as a whole, your characters and the setting belong together, they are in it. Another thing to remember is light sources. If you have to draw a line in pencil from the light source to your object and imagine the light on them. later on you can worry about reflected light, right now work with a direct light source. it's going to take a while. It's worth it though.

Edit: BTW the foundations apply to backgrounds and shading too. It just means the basic things you need to learn to improve.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff