Welcome to Gaia! ::

7,350 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Contributor 150
  • Noob wrangler 100
drend
i actually love simplistic art n comics, and i do like the vibe i get from your work. what i would suggest you working on, is maybe make the art even more simple n clean! n leave space between them panels, as to not have the page seem as cluttred(also making it easier to navigate n less confusing/tiring on the eyes) + having them lines sorrounding the panels/boxes be another thickness than the lines of the art.

i think you should keep drawing!n experiemnt with style n page-layout(which i personally think is the HARDEST thing when putting together a com).. again: KEEP DRAWING!: D

blaugh Constrictive critisism!!! Finally someone like that. A comment I do enjoy as well.
You deserve to see this!! It is a scrapt comic based off another series but I hated it more then this comic somehow people seemed to like it. I hated it.

User Image

I scrapt it because I disliked it more then this comic series.

7,350 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Contributor 150
  • Noob wrangler 100
IronSpike
User Image

Someone is having fun!!!
Glad someone is. 3nodding

7,350 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Contributor 150
  • Noob wrangler 100
-2o
Leaf Collector
-2o
Though it does not technically count as necro posting, was there really any value in coming back after the main issue of the thread was resolved to chastise the tone of a critique? Take it up with her privately, but don't bump up threads that are pretty much over with for something that really wasn't germaine to the main thing being discussed. Not that I don't think your motives are good, but it encourages people who won't read far enough into the thread to see the issue resolved to add their two cents to what is now a non issue.

The issue didn't appear to be resolved from how I saw it. Though my comment was mostly directed towards the critique, it was also in benefit of the author because, honestly, I think it's advice that's good to learn from, but you don't want to listen to good advice if it's given to you poorly. I don't understand this attitude that the people who give out the critiques are always right. People who post their artwork put themselves up in a place of vulnerability, and it frustrates me how counterproductive some of the critiques on here are. It frustrates me more that people (Atomic Octopus) defend the critique, and treat the artist as if they are being unreasonable if they are anything less than thrilled to receive the "advice". And that is what's going on here, so to take it to private message would defeat the purpose.

Oh for ******** sake. You are bumping a thread for which an OP has left to argue tone?

This is the first thing she said, it was direct, but it absolutely wasn't rude:
fansub
This needs so much work, it's actually really hard to crit.
First of all, you need to read this book.

Second, the art is just not good at all, I'm sorry. Take a step back from making comics for now and draw from life for a few months before you try to tackle comics. You're just not ready.

It's not condescending to state that he isn't ready, comic making is a skill apart from both drawing and writing, and if you are not good enough at one to the point where your art suffers from basic clarity issues, you are not ready. It's not an insult, it's not a horror he needs to be defended from. It was neutral in tone, and you are bumping a thread for no goddamn reason. I know you think you are helping, but really, stop. This is silly.

e: this is how their conversation ended:

meta-madness
Okay okay I will it make me feel redimmed and feel better. I,ll post another comic here next week but I want to see if it is okay if I pm you it first too see if it's okay because I think you should be my comic checker.

And it would be nice to have you as my checker since you forgave me.(Peace of me anyone who ever does not forgive me I become obsessed and literally beg for forgiveness)

It will make my style much more better.

Yeah he sounds like he was traumatized bro, better come in and protect him from fansub, despite the fact he thanked her in the end.

Critics are absolutely not always right, but this one was.

Hate to admit it but after this I had no shred of pride what so ever in my art.

I lost all that made my happiness in art it used to bloom like a rose but it died like a kid with cancer. I have had attempt's of making a back up comic but in the end I decided it wasn't worth the point of even trying to show other's what I actually have to show since in the end all I will get is a ruined soul.

Notice I didn't post another comic within a week's time of course someone didn't notice! Since I basically had no more love and foundation within art itself.

It take's one to break everything but it takes more then one to make it all go down within a days time. Sometimes someone is looking for "Constructive critics" She was one but didn't support it for a long time.

This event made me realize Comic's are just a piece of Imagination,Something you can create and no one can even have a positive response to it

"Once created it can be broken, but if other's hate that passion of your art then there is no point in even trying to continue it at all those who try hard to put it in the world get burned in the process those who barely try become the well know'n ones"

Not one person in this fourm. Gave me a decent and well good conversation why to continue which my point and trying to say.

7,350 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Contributor 150
  • Noob wrangler 100
Why did I come back to this forum?
Anyway interesting comment I shall reply.

Fansub
I just don't understand where the whole idea that you must be nice on a critique even came from. I understand not being an a*****e on your critiques, but I will never, ever understand why people think you're supposed to be nice.

It's kind of a mental thing it show's that what we do we don't get enough credit then what we actually deserve.But for me it's a sign of how a failure I will always be. 3nodding

Quote:
I have had people tell me, multiple times, that I'm only blunt because it's the internet and I would never crit like this in real life. They refuse to believe that yes, I actually do crit like this in real life.

Would you be mad if I did that in real life?

Quote:
And it's not because I'm rude

This explains everything.

Quote:
-- this is uh, what a crit sounds like in art school and in the professional world. It just boggles my mind that young artists these days are so out of touch with reality.

Skip this comment I may take a while.

I love making my comic's ( Used too )as close to reality as possible keeping it off of reality is just plain stupid when it comes to older aged reader's,young reader's I can see why but bringing it close to reality is always and will be great to a huge and decent extent. When I draw I usually always have a plan for bringing my comic's closer to life and in the world we live in today. Some hate it some love it but that is what my comic's are usually about.

Quote:
Are art classes in high school really that bad?
I signed me up for a college art class so I really can't answer that.

Quote:
Do they all get compliments and hugs because they are all unique snowflakes?

Hmm.......

Quote:
“In real life, people don’t say nasty things about your work like this to you directly.”

Yes they do!

Quote:
I have one word for you to consider: accountancy.

Too much I put in my art.

Quote:
It was obvious to me that no one had bothered to tell the OP the truth about his comics, and someone had to,

You did it first and it also changed my concept on art itself.

Quote:
because otherwise he would have never known how to improve. That's what a crit is. It's not supposed to make you feel warm and fuzzy.

You can feel warm and fuzzy?
Eh, I didn't improve on anything just improved my belief's on how I see and look at art now is how I improved you also improved me mentally saying all art is some what a decent part of my depression.

"If you can break someone then you can fix them"

7,350 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Contributor 150
  • Noob wrangler 100
[Haruka]
lol drawling

sweatdrop Why thank you!! heart
Just been looking for possitive feed for art.
meta-madness
drend
i actually love simplistic art n comics, and i do like the vibe i get from your work. what i would suggest you working on, is maybe make the art even more simple n clean! n leave space between them panels, as to not have the page seem as cluttred(also making it easier to navigate n less confusing/tiring on the eyes) + having them lines sorrounding the panels/boxes be another thickness than the lines of the art.

i think you should keep drawing!n experiemnt with style n page-layout(which i personally think is the HARDEST thing when putting together a com).. again: KEEP DRAWING!: D

blaugh Constrictive critisism!!! Finally someone like that. A comment I do enjoy as well.
You deserve to see this!! It is a scrapt comic based off another series but I hated it more then this comic somehow people seemed to like it. I hated it.

User Image

hi again : ) i think the artwork is very much better in your current work. as i wrote earlier; i find it simple, clean n understandable. i'm getting the feeling that you're moving quite straight to where your style might get very much more interesting, maybe even edgy - but for that to happen you'll have to KEEP DRAWING!. i'm curious: is this comic older or younger than the one you're working on now? : )

but, i think the layout is easier to understand in this one(the scrapt comic above) - it's not as cluttered between them panels + not too many panels fighting over the same space of only one page, n maybe that's why people like it better - not so much for the story n characters, but because they didn't have to eye-struggle through it? : )

7,350 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Contributor 150
  • Noob wrangler 100
drend
meta-madness
drend

User Image

hi again : ) i think the artwork is very much better in your current work. as i wrote earlier; i find it simple, clean n understandable. i'm getting the feeling that you're moving quite straight to where your style might get very much more interesting, maybe even edgy - but for that to happen you'll have to KEEP DRAWING!. i'm curious: is this comic older or younger than the one you're working on now? : )

but, i think the layout is easier to understand in this one(the scrapt comic above) - it's not as cluttered between them panels + not too many panels fighting over the same space of only one page, n maybe that's why people like it better - not so much for the story n characters, but because they didn't have to eye-struggle through it? : )

I love you heart Finally good Feed back I can really enjoy! are you god? emotion_dowant

But back to this topic!

I already finished the older comic; that this Fourm is about I made the story grow from death based down to emotional and dark basically the girl he is in the hospital with has aids he make's love with her and they both end up with aid's they both died at the same moment and in the same place. There was more such as Victor's daughter killing him and some what she commit's suicide. I made it nothing and turned it into a depressing story

I would love to post the rest of it on Gaia but I have a feeling I won't get very far with it.

The newer comic -Scrapt one- The story-line is already said in the final two panel's the reason why the story was so good is because I made it the classic American scenario, Democracy vs Communism I played it well but for the first comic they are mostly talking and getting down to the story along with character's.People begged me to continue it but I discontinued the project before giving it a chance myself.

I took a little help from my commie friend in order to make the panel's do it in a perfectly fine fashion but I am interested in your other post!

What was so good about the first one I posted? Beside's the art.

7,350 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Contributor 150
  • Noob wrangler 100
Madame Royale
you can always just keep your comics between you and your friends.

Eh,friend's support my other comic's more then this one but some what they are my compensation.
meta-madness
-2o
Leaf Collector
-2o
Though it does not technically count as necro posting, was there really any value in coming back after the main issue of the thread was resolved to chastise the tone of a critique? Take it up with her privately, but don't bump up threads that are pretty much over with for something that really wasn't germaine to the main thing being discussed. Not that I don't think your motives are good, but it encourages people who won't read far enough into the thread to see the issue resolved to add their two cents to what is now a non issue.

The issue didn't appear to be resolved from how I saw it. Though my comment was mostly directed towards the critique, it was also in benefit of the author because, honestly, I think it's advice that's good to learn from, but you don't want to listen to good advice if it's given to you poorly. I don't understand this attitude that the people who give out the critiques are always right. People who post their artwork put themselves up in a place of vulnerability, and it frustrates me how counterproductive some of the critiques on here are. It frustrates me more that people (Atomic Octopus) defend the critique, and treat the artist as if they are being unreasonable if they are anything less than thrilled to receive the "advice". And that is what's going on here, so to take it to private message would defeat the purpose.

Oh for ******** sake. You are bumping a thread for which an OP has left to argue tone?

fansub

Second, the art is just not good at all, I'm sorry. Take a step back from making comics for now and draw from life for a few months before you try to tackle comics. You're just not ready.

It's not condescending to state that he isn't ready, comic making is a skill apart from both drawing and writing, and if you are not good enough at one to the point where your art suffers from basic clarity issues, you are not ready. It's not an insult, it's not a horror he needs to be defended from. It was neutral in tone, and you are bumping a thread for no goddamn reason. I know you think you are helping, but really, stop. This is silly.

meta-madness
Okay okay I will it make me feel redimmed and feel better. I,ll post another comic here next week but I want to see if it is okay if I pm you it first too see if it's okay because I think you should be my comic checker.

And it would be nice to have you as my checker since you forgave me.(Peace of me anyone who ever does not forgive me I become obsessed and literally beg for forgiveness)

Yeah he sounds like he was traumatized bro, better come in and protect him from fansub, despite the fact he thanked her in the end.

I lost all that made my happiness in art it used to bloom like a rose but it died like a kid with cancer. I have had attempt's of making a back up comic but in the end I decided it wasn't worth the point of even trying to show other's what I actually have to show since in the end all I will get is a ruined soul.

Notice I didn't post another comic within a week's time of course someone didn't notice! Since I basically had no more love and foundation within art itself.

It take's one to break everything but it takes more then one to make it all go down within a days time. Sometimes someone is looking for "Constructive critics" She was one but didn't support it for a long time.

This event made me realize Comic's are just a piece of Imagination,Something you can create and no one can even have a positive response to it

"Once created it can be broken, but if other's hate that passion of your art then there is no point in even trying to continue it at all those who try hard to put it in the world get burned in the process those who barely try become the well know'n ones"

Not one person in this fourm. Gave me a decent and well good conversation why to continue which my point and trying to say.

But, no that isn't true. No one told you to stop drawing. You were told that your attitude was holding you back. You were told that you needed to work on anatomy before trying a style. You were told that your art had clarity issues. These things are all true.

You are not ready to have your stuff critiqued. You are clearly still at the stage where you cannot separate yourself from your art so all criticisms not accompanied by compliments feel like personal attacks. This is not beneficial for you, because it's obviously hurting your motivation. So grow thicker skin before you seek critiques in the future.

7,350 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Contributor 150
  • Noob wrangler 100
-2o
meta-madness
-2o
Leaf Collector
-2o

fansub

meta-madness

But, no that isn't true. No one told you to stop drawing. You were told that your attitude was holding you back. You were told that you needed to work on anatomy before trying a style. You were told that your art had clarity issues. These things are all true.

You are not ready to have your stuff critiqued. You are clearly still at the stage where you cannot separate yourself from your art so all criticisms not accompanied by compliments feel like personal attacks. This is not beneficial for you, because it's obviously hurting your motivation. So grow thicker skin before you seek critiques in the future.

True but I had to detach and find something I can't let go of to connect my attitude to.

(signature say's what is my main motivation)

Art can be created,Comic's can be made,Animation's can be worldwide, but if you can't continue that series then don't begin it at all!

I grew into a mature politic so this past fighting just ignite's the Communism I continue to seek in the world.

I still wanted to post another comic within a week but I was introduced to something else within that week.

So I re-read this (Today)

Seen how awful it was and I didn't even bother deleting comment's because it remind's me of how much of a failure life is.

Sometimes to make someone else get off of what they seek and love the most you need to connect them with something else that make's them change and mature in life. I find this the key to quick maturity and quick trustworthy critiques.

Quote:
Constructive criticism?Does it really exist?

7,350 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Contributor 150
  • Noob wrangler 100
tsaabit
mrgreen
rofl

Cunning Comrade

16,225 Points
  • Budding Witch 250
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Ghost Hunter 250
paulina188
I personly love his comics u guys don't have to be mean about it

Someone has probably already said this but OP is being an idiot therefore people are getting mad at him. I would say OP is trolling tbh, you are allowed to like this comic, I personally think it is total rubbish and OP can't take any constructive criticism since all people have tried to do is help and he ignorantly decides he knows best.

Cunning Comrade

16,225 Points
  • Budding Witch 250
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Ghost Hunter 250
Leaf Collector
-2o

It seems I will have to get in on this pissing contest.

Excuse me but what people have said was not rude at all. It was true. I will be honest, I think the comic is complete rubbish and had I said it my way, you would have seen a really rude comment. I can barely look at it let alone read it and people seeing this obviously won't like it either. Since the other people here are polite they have given some fantastic advice and no one has ever said that OP should give up on comics, the person who originally said anything close said to MOVE AWAY from comics for a while and COME BACK IN A FEW MONTHS. This is obviously subject to opinion as far as effectiveness is concerned but the person was not at all saying that OP should give up on comics. I would say that based on the work and OP's immaturity and inability to look at his work objectively. OP can not separate himself from his work and that is his main problem. I have been told a lot worse and taken it a lot better than OP has. I have also made similar mistakes as OP in being too proud of my work. I believe OP is actually a troll and just doing this for shits and gigs. You sir, are not helping at all. You are justifying OP's poor behaviour and bad attitude which will only hold him back. People on here are harsh, but the real world is tough, so buck up.

Cunning Comrade

16,225 Points
  • Budding Witch 250
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Ghost Hunter 250
meta-madness

You were overly proud so if anything, this is an improvement

meta-madness

Those are some of the worst metaphors I have ever heard. Stop feeling sorry for yourself because people only started being mean to you for being an a*****e to people who were trying to help you. People here were trying to help you, you completely misinterpreted everything they said, ignored most of it and took everything personally. These people were trying to help you and you reacted with immaturity. Your work could be improved if you would only listen to people who try to help you. You should consider yourself lucky they bother, I looked at your art and thought my typical "nothing nice to say, don't say anything at all"

meta-madness

No one notices your comics because although you tried, your comics aren't good. You can either accept that your comics aren't good yet, and try to improve them, or you can curl up in a ball and feel sorry for yourself swearing never to draw again. If every time someone told me they didn't like my work I decided to give up I would have given up over 50 times by now.

meta-madness

She is not obliged to support your comic, you need to be self reliant, you come here for a critique, not ongoing support. People tend to support the really good comics and let's face it, you have a long way to go mate.

meta-madness

Excuse me but no one will have a positive response you are after because you are not a serious artist yet, you are simply after "Wow this is great" and quite frankly, you couldn't choke the words out of me because I would simply be lying to you. Your comic is average at best and you could either try with your art and keep going to try and get better or you can get all emotional about it and pretend there is nothing wrong with your work.

Two things are going on here, either:
1. Your comic is not great and people have tried to help you
2. Your comic is perfect and everybody is mean and picking on you

Everyone but you seems to think it is 1...

meta-madness

If you are looking for conversation then go to chatterbox. I think you ought to lurk this forum a little more so you know what to expect in future, I have seen a lot of people like you get chewed up because you are overly proud. It is sad, but the thing is, you get defensive where you should look at what the person is trying to tell you. People on here are not going to tell you you are wonderful. You will improve, but no one will tell you you are perfect unless you are. You are not perfect, your work needs a lot of improvement and you can either accept it or as I said, cry in a corner.

PS - I am not being nice and I know it because guess what? I am not obliged to be nice to you.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff