Welcome to Gaia! ::

Soooo, I just got Mastering Manga by Mark Crilley, and Manga for Beginners in the mail. Neeeeedless to say, i'm excited. I'm a pen and ink artist, I do surrealism and figure drawing. When i was younger i was really into manga, and i tried to learn for a while, but never really put any real work into it. Recently i have realized that if i really try, i can replicate anything (within rationality) that is taught to me if i try hard enough and practice enough- even if it takes an hour to draw one part of a face before i get it right, every time i do it it's easier and easier. So i've also just got back into Gaia after a while, and have met a lot of people, done a few roleplays, read a lot of roleplays, and started thinking about manga again. I read all of Deathnote in the 6th grade, watched pokemon, naruto, and avatar:the last airbender as a kid but that was it. So i'm getting back into manga! And i had a huge inner debocle about which book to get first, Mastering Manga by Mark Crilley, or Manga for the beginners by Christopher Hart. I watched videos on youtube that went through each of them and saw things in each i liked and disliked. And i don't need to mention the war on about Christopher Hart v.s. Mark Crilley. (He's huge on Youtube if you didn't know. Amazing channel. smile )

So yeah i came here to just be excited...

ISNT THAT OK?

Well before you tell me this is in the wrong place, i want to know what you guys think of each, if you have them, any beginner tips, tips about the books, whatever will help get me started! Thanks smile
BTW i got them both on amazon for 27 dollars total smile

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces