Welcome to Gaia! ::

So, I've been brainstorming on a manga to do for going on two years. Still working out the plot and such- don't even get me started on characters. A year or two may even pass again before I am dedicated enough (and have sufficient time!) to lay the groundwork of art and have a solid storyline. But, it doesn't hurt to formulate ideas now, so here's a slightly polished one, taking place in an AU featuring Earth:

Everyone's got their regular jobs, but some partake in the ancient arts of alchemy, transfiguration, and the Great Arts- professions that start before elementary school is completed. Of course in a corrupt world, many seek the path of the High Lords who once watched over Earth- either to revitalize the desolate planet, or to cause more damage for profit and rank.

The story begins in New York City- though there's nothing new about it, having been destroyed and half rebuilt. A regular crossroads for humans and the occasional creature, oddly enough the once tolerant hub now all but mocks those who believe in the Arts. Scornful looks and mutters follow the ones who take such classes or hold positions of professional Transfigured.

Three teens want to become the highest practitioners of the ancient Arts and decide to search for the sacred power to do so. Aged 15, 16 and 17 years old they are students of alchemy, transfiguration and incantations respectively. How could these children succeed, not even out of high school? They have help. A 29 year old architect, 32 year old janitor and 40 year old teacher with their own side professions and aspirations hop the bandwagon, meeting different beings and experiencing new cultures while traveling through unknown lands.

These people are not alone, however- various groups also vie for the power, each with hidden intentions.

(Oh. And if you have a problem with me using people other than kids, can it- constructive criticism only.)
Looks pretty good so far.

Work more on it, it has some serious potential.
Thank you. I'm going to purchase a small notebook to write all my ideas down, so I won't keep forgetting what to add onto the plot and whatnot.
Gravitate
Thank you. I'm going to purchase a small notebook to write all my ideas down, so I won't keep forgetting what to add onto the plot and whatnot.
That's a good idea...I should start doing that....

Anywho, your storyline was very interesting. I'd read it, if I ever had the spare time... xp

Distinct Seeker

Well, it looks good so far, and about that 2 years thinking of plot, I've been working on a plot for a year now and just started to put it on paper about a week or two ago... keep at it and see what it becomes, it's got potential! 3nodding

Gaian

1,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
it took me 3 yrs almost 4 just to finnaly figure out how to start my comic and you figured your's out in 2 i am so jealous, and it's kicks mines to the curb

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff