Welcome to Gaia! ::

1,400 Points
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Yepp I making a manga with anthro characters razz , but I was kind of struggling with the storyline. crying I know I want it to be modern and have zombies and as far as character creation goes, I'd prefer to use family and friends as inspiration, because it's much easier to take a persona I'm familiar with and use that opposed to trying to draw a personality from thin air. The comic is centered around these details:

Vampires
Werewolves
Zombies
Post Apocalyptic Setting
Futuristic Machinery (like say gundams for ex.)
I want the story to involve government genetic testing.
I want it to be a story that features comical media, because the oh so serious story lines can be to serious if you know what I mean.
Also I hope to place new creature creation, because I feel as though planet earth would be to natural a place to introduce my anthro/furries into.

what I do know is that the main characters are going to be two males called the Duo brothers and their names are Aiden and Andrew. They are both wolf furries and their persona is like what you experience with twins. Aiden being a very protagonist male and his brother, Andrew being the more bashful type.

Oh and thanks to Foxgirl_Kira & ninitan for correcting me.
You're not allowed to ask for ideas here.

But I'm curious, how is this going to new heights exactly?
ninitan

....I'm sorry... not at all trying to be rude, just curious.... why isn't she allowed to ask for ideas here?
It's a forum about creating comics.. and she's wanting to create a comic... that doesn't make sense...?
DejaDoDo
ninitan

....I'm sorry... not at all trying to be rude, just curious.... why isn't she allowed to ask for ideas here?
It's a forum about creating comics.. and she's wanting to create a comic... that doesn't make sense...?

Well it is in the rules, and it is in the rules because of copyright laws. See, if you make an idea you own it, but if you give your idea to someone else and they just so happen to make a huge profit from it, the one who gave the idea could come back to say "Hey! That was my idea! See, right here I told them it on this website!" Then there is a big mess and Gaia is put in the middle of it. But asking for help on a particular scene or dialogue someone cannot claim rights to it unless they had that particular thing copyrighted. See you can own an idea and not a phrase or situation. (Though some have copyrighted phrases.)
DejaDoDo
ninitan

Because it's against the forum rules.

1,400 Points
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Treasure Hunter 100
ninitan

Unlike the usual comic where every panel is still, I'm going to create the panels to have action on them. Like say the panel has two people talking with bubbles. Instead of being still captures, they will actively be talking on the panel with the audio being cut into text in a word bubble. A good example to visualize that would be like characters on a video game where it shows close ups of the people talking.

1,400 Points
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Anyway so what do you all think? Does it sound like something you'd be interested in or is it a little to far fetched?

(you all being: ninitan, DejaDoDo, Foxgirl_Kira and any new comers.)
starstrukk_wolf
Anyway so what do you all think? Does it sound like something you'd be interested in or is it a little to far fetched?

I think it's a neat idea, though I wouldn't read it myself.
Foxgirl_Kira
DejaDoDo
ninitan

Well it is in the rules, and it is in the rules because of copyright laws. See, if you make an idea you own it, but if you give your idea to someone else and they just so happen to make a huge profit from it, the one who gave the idea could come back to say "Hey! That was my idea! See, right here I told them it on this website!" Then there is a big mess and Gaia is put in the middle of it. But asking for help on a particular scene or dialogue someone cannot claim rights to it unless they had that particular thing copyrighted. See you can own an idea and not a phrase or situation. (Though some have copyrighted phrases.)

Oh right!! Thanks... that does make sense now. ^_^
Thanks for not just answering "Because it's in the rules..." The explanation helped a lot.
starstrukk_wolf

Definately sounds interesting... I Always look for something unique and interesting when it comes down to stuff I prefer read.... It's a good idea, roll with it... ^_^

Benevolent Genius

13,900 Points
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Mark Twain 100
The animation and sound idea actually sounds like the most interesting part of this.

I think it'd be a good idea to make an outline of the whole entire story before you start. That way you can just start drawing without worrying what happens next. You'll already know, because you made that outline.

1,400 Points
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Tenko72
The animation and sound idea actually sounds like the most interesting part of this.

I think it'd be a good idea to make an outline of the whole entire story before you start. That way you can just start drawing without worrying what happens next. You'll already know, because you made that outline.

Thanks I'll be sure to do that, maybe an outline is all I need. Seeing how I pretty much know what components I have. biggrin
it sort of reminds me of the codex from Metal Gear. So it could be interesting but just watching a rectangle with audio with it sounds boring. But if you set it up like a comic page then do that maybe that would be more interesting. Because the other way kind of sounds like a really low budget animation. I don't know I would have to see it first.
starstrukk_wolf
Yepp I making a manga with anthro characters razz , but I was kind of struggling with the storyline. crying I know I want it to be modern and have zombies and as far as character creation goes, I'd prefer to use family and friends as inspiration, because it's much easier to take a persona I'm familiar with and use that opposed to trying to draw a personality from thin air. The comic is centered around these details:

Vampires
Werewolves
Zombies
Post Apocalyptic Setting
I want it to be a story that features comical media, because the oh so serious story lines can be to serious if you know what I mean.
Also I hope to place new creature creation, because I feel as though planet earth would be to natural a place to introduce my anthro/furries into.

what I do know is that the main characters are going to be two males called the Duo brothers and their names are Aiden and Andrew. They are both wolf furries and their persona is like what you experience with twins. Aiden being a very protagonist male and his brother, Andrew being the more bashful type.

Oh and thanks to Foxgirl_Kira & ninitan for correcting me.

Struggling with the storyline? Well since everyone else seems unhelpful with this and simply arguing about ideas themselves, i'll post something to help without actually being a full idea, but maybe i'll try to include some generic outlines.

You're a writer, so how you go about this is simply going to be on you anyway, and up to your writing and storytelling style. Everyone has a different voice. You've already mentioned at least a dozen things you want in the story so really all you need is to brainstorm. Why do you want this in the story? What purpose does this serve in the story? How can you develop this element into the story while keeping it coherent. And what are these facts?

Anthro characters...okay. Why are they like this? Was there an event to cause it? Are we on a different planet where creatures are part human/part animal? Is it temporary, or a lasting part of their physical look?

Vampires
Werewolves
Zombies
All of these are either "races" or creatures of horror. Is this a horror setting? Is this a fantasy setting where these exist as their own race? Does each one have their own characteristics that they are known for? Think Tolkiens races...Hobbits/Halflings, High Elves, Dwarves, Man, Orc...each had their own distinction and often times were known in middle earth for their ways and roles in the world, elves being the wisest of creatures, dwarves being masters of the mines, man being controlled by greed and lust for power are all things commonly associated with these races.

Post Apocalyptic Setting
Okay so you have a setting. How does the anthro characters or the three horror races/creatures relate to this? Why is the setting the way it is? Did something happen either recently or in the distant past?

This seems to happen in post apocalyptic settings, so you can add this pretty easily. There's plenty of ways to go with future technology and post apocalypse that reading any site about either subject can simply give you enough ideas.

Well research gene testing, think of how it can apply. Perhaps something to do with anthro characters.

This isn't necessarily to do with the plot, but how you write it. If you want it to be humorous, adding humor will just come naturally into it through dialogue and events.

So another world altogether? Read up on worldbuilding and create it from scratch.

I'm not allowed to post ideas, but I can already think of how i would use a few of these aspects, and aside from the inclusion of the horror creatures know exactly how i'd do that. With their inclusion i would simply make them a sort of race that lives on the planet and that the main characters encounter for one reason or another. How its done can be numerous in itself, so it would depend on the full story and events.

The plot itself though you have to figure out how those elements interact, either with or against each other. Are the races fighting for the same thing? Fighting against each other? Is there a reason for the postapocalypse? Figure out the conflicts that characters face, their motives, and how they can go about resolving it, what happens once its resolved. While doing so question it and if you were an outsider looking in what would make you care about all this in the first place?

I'm sure all this isn't exactly helping, but you've got the keys in place, you just need to open the door and throw it all together with a piece of paper and some brainstorming. Also feel free to read books, watch movies, etc and see if you find anything in them to inspire you with an idea.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff