Welcome to Gaia! ::

Feisty Wife

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Click the spoiler to see alternate outfits for my avatar.
post art drawn by unhappymango
------------------------------------------

Hey guys, I'm writing a script for a manga, and although I draw myself, I don't feel my art is much of a manga style, nor is it good enough for illustrating a manga if I ever have the hope of getting it published.

So, I'm looking for a partner, and I'm happy to split the profit when this does eventually get published. This is what I have written so far: click here

If you have any questions, I'd be happy to answer them, feel free to post here or pm me. Once I have an artist willing to partner with me I'll close the thread.

Devoted Friend

13,350 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Befriended 100
I totally want to read this once its made.

Timid Humorist

9,350 Points
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Contributor 150
  • Conversationalist 100
Well, that seems nicely organized...
improvised reality

Click the spoiler to see alternate outfits for my avatar.
post art drawn by unhappymango
------------------------------------------

Hey guys, I'm writing a script for a manga, and although I draw myself, I don't feel my art is much of a manga style, nor is it good enough for illustrating a manga if I ever have the hope of getting it published.

So, I'm looking for a partner, and I'm happy to split the profit when this does eventually get published. This is what I have written so far: click here

If you have any questions, I'd be happy to answer them, feel free to post here or pm me. Once I have an artist willing to partner with me I'll close the thread.

I'm quite interested in knowing what the story is, although giving how each panel will look is great. smile Do you have any written story?

Feisty Wife

LanaeAsh

I'm quite interested in knowing what the story is, although giving how each panel will look is great. smile Do you have any written story?

I'm requesting art of two characters, you could draw them together, you could draw them separate, or you could just draw one. I'll be insanely happy with whatever you do- I know it takes your valuable time, and ya know- I really appreciate it.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

✦The first one is my current avatar. She's supposed to be an elven blacksmith. I'm happy with any style of art, I love variety <3 You could draw her forging weapons, or perhaps crafting. Something dynamic...or not, whatever you want to do.

✦The second one is my boyfriend manifest_destiny's avatar. He's an elven paladin. He has three swords adorning his back, because let's face it, more is always better. I try to keep him geared with armor and weapons I've forged. I'm sure there's tons of awesome pose ideas you can come up with for him.

I don't actually have it written out but I could give you a brief overview if you'd like of how it's going to go.

Tipsy Phantom

6,650 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Junior 100
Manga style comics do not get published and never sell enough for profits to be worth anything even if you self publish.

Fashionable Shoujo

8,850 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Signature Look 250
panty sniff
Manga style comics do not get published and never sell enough for profits to be worth anything even if you self publish.

As bad as it sounds, you're really right.

Tipsy Phantom

6,650 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Junior 100
asparagusApparatus
panty sniff

As bad as it sounds, you're really right.

Yeah. Even in Japan there's a lot of animosity towards foreigners drawing manga.

They're just now being okay with people coming in and selling their own (non manga) comics. I have a buddy who lives in Japan now and he says that he's been making a good profit off of his comics there but at conventions they have him and other foreign cartoonists all separate from the manga artists.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff