Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fluffy Genius

4,425 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Echo Is Gone
:

I use somewhere between Manga Studio EX4 and Photoshop CS2. I think you can get CS2 for free though? But if you need to, I can create you a thing, and make the margins a grey color biggrin

oddlyalli

Don't wanna do anything without you. ILU

User Image

crie_skies

Maybe all the stuff for all the characters and things should be posted here, in this thread? smile Cause we're a group of happy awesome things, YAY!

My character, is going to be Space Marines! I have this brother/sister twins (the sister's name is Avarice, but the boy name escapes me at the moment) and they both want to Space Marines when they grow up. So they grow up and the brother goes to register but everyone is like GIRLS CANT BE SPACE MARINES. BOYS ONLY. So she pretends to be a boy so she can join. And it's not like one of those, girl pretends to be boy, spends all her time scoping out the smexy boys and hooks up with them and everyone finds out that she's only pretending except the one boy she really loves.... This is more of the approach as her professional as a Space Marine, and the stigma that Space Marines are just for boys. So, lots of violence and stuff. Okay yes. Also a love interest, but the romancey parts take a back seat to the rest of it. <---but that's baaasically what my first chapter will be.

I will post character and uniform type designs at some point. Probably tomorrow. And I still need to create crew and stuff, but I'll post stuff as I work on it.

You guys too!! What are your characters? What is their "worlds" and what will your "character introductory chapters" be like? biggrin

You guys post about your characters first, and then we'll put an overall plot together.

(casually mentions that it is 3:30am and the chances of any of the above being coherent is slim)

Blessed Friend

4,900 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Timid 100
My character will be a cleptomaniac space pirate. You'd think that he'd be real good at stealing but he won't be. He'll steal out in the open and he is just a regular old member of the crew so the other pirates strap him to a space dragon and send him with a giant rocket strapped to it's back rocketing through space.. The space dragon can survive in space while the pirate himself is losing oxygen or whatever he breathes if he is an alien.

Fluffy Genius

4,425 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Crie_Skies
My character will be a cleptomaniac space pirate. You'd think that he'd be real good at stealing but he won't be. He'll steal out in the open and he is just a regular old member of the crew so the other pirates strap him to a space dragon and send him with a giant rocket strapped to it's back rocketing through space.. The space dragon can survive in space while the pirate himself is losing oxygen or whatever he breathes if he is an alien.

Why does he steal stuff?
Don't pirates steal stuff anyways, so why would he get in trouble for it?

Maybe if he stole from them?

Blessed Friend

4,900 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Timid 100
He has cleptomania dood. It`s a defect in his character and I plan it to be a source of a lot of humour. Yes the whole reason for the dragon thing was cause he stole from thrme other crew.

Distinct Gawker

3,350 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
can someone tell me what I should draw? i'm so confused....

Distinct Gawker

3,350 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
can I draw a story about a space badger with weapons? I can only do black and white. I will post my character design either tonight or tomorrow.

Blessed Friend

4,900 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Timid 100
Show your samples first. . .

Distinct Gawker

3,350 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Crie_Skies
Show your samples first. . .

User Image

this is my past sample art from 2 years ago. I will upload my badger art tonight.

Fluffy Genius

4,425 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
QueenTroll38
can I draw a story about a space badger with weapons? I can only do black and white. I will post my character design either tonight or tomorrow.

Yes, of course biggrin Space Badgers are cool.
What part is making you confused? I'd be happy to clarify ^.^

crie_skies

Be nice, hooligan wink

High-functioning Punching Bag

10,800 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Survivor 150
Are we still doing the key parts thing? Because I'd still like to follow an animated key piece; the space setting should be fun--especially if we have life forms like the above space dragons floating around outside the populated areas on ships, stations, and planets. With space animals come myriad sentient aliens, some of which look like weaponized badgers, I assume?

Princling

Your space marine is just going to be an archetype with an original design, not anything copyrighted, right? I got that impression, but just to be sure. Is the violence the only thing making this PG13, or is your romance going to be Starship Troopers-esque, too, and I should run away now? On that note, I vote we close as few people out of the readership as possible by taking a page out of the frakking Battlestar Galactica and 英明 Firefly handbooks and substituting profanity like nerf herders.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

10,800 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Survivor 150
QueenTroll38
User Image

this is my past sample art from 2 years ago. I will upload my badger art tonight.

I think I have a crush on your texture lines...

Fluffy Genius

4,425 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
oddlyalli

User Image

Please.
Of course it's just an archetype with an original design. We can't publish anything if its already copywrighted.

I do think going with the key pieces is a good idea. Just because it could be something like, a group of keycards maybe, and when they are all together, they open a door or gateway to something.

I'm not against demon dimension things. Damn, that'd be cool.

I vote all of our swearing be in french, or russian. Cause I can sort of speak french, but Russian is just really cool. Or just make up our own words, but then we'd have to make sure everyone know what one meant what and it would just be a pain in the a**.

Cuddly Browser

Oh my, my character design is like soo far from you themes.
I wish I could post it here so that you guys could review about it, however... I'm trying to fill out the plot holes on my character's background... (or should I make another from zero...? hm...)

On another note, I might be gone till I finish my exams... crying

10,800 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Survivor 150
Echo Is Gone
I wish I could post it here so that you guys could review about it, however... I'm trying to fill out the plot holes on my character's background... (or should I make another from zero...? hm...)

If you're okay with moving your character to a slightly different big-picture, keep in mind that this universe, as I'm picturing it, could hold all kinds of other cultures. It would almost have to be possible. Think anywhere from Star Wars (Luke was a farmer in the middle of nowhere while Jar Jar was part of a culture that, if it looked prettier, could have been mermaids/lake fairies, and every people had different governments--if you want an old-fashioned royal family, you can have that on one island, a planet, or a system) to Firefly (basically modern civilization, just more spread out--and, coincidentally, corrupt).

When are your exams?

Cuddly Browser

oddlyalli
Echo Is Gone

If you're okay with moving your character to a slightly different big-picture, keep in mind that this universe, as I'm picturing it, could hold all kinds of other cultures. It would almost have to be possible. Think anywhere from Star Wars (Luke was a farmer in the middle of nowhere while Jar Jar was part of a culture that, if it looked prettier, could have been mermaids/lake fairies, and every people had different governments--if you want an old-fashioned royal family, you can have that on one island, a planet, or a system) to Firefly (basically modern civilization, just more spread out--and, coincidentally, corrupt).

When are your exams?

Next week gonk

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas