Welcome to Gaia! ::

Cuddly Browser

oddlyalli

I agree with what you wrote. And I think your dA's also pretty good heart

Still, we need to wait for Princling's comeback! (And his approval)

Princling

Come back soon! gonk

P.S. Fixed photobucket's album settings.

Blessed Friend

4,900 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Timid 100
This is my old DA.

http://gernev.deviantart.com/

I've improved since then, but I suggest if you do choose me to have someone recheck my work as I have dyslexia and I am also not good at using commas.

Fluffy Genius

4,425 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Oddlyalli

Echo is Gone

Wheee, sorry about my random disappearance! The processor on my laptop died, so I was without computer for the longest time (I've gone half-crazy, I don't function well without internet).

So!

YES, we need to come up with a storyline, and an ending point - at least an ending mark. Think of it as if it's television - we need to come up with the plot for the first season. But if we hit the end of that, we can come up with other seasons if we don't really want to stop.

The original idea, was to have each participant doing one chapter (at least 7 pages), as opposed to each one of us doing one page. The way it would be, for example:

I create a team of Space Marines. The Space Marines have goals and conflicts and personal background stories all of their own. Oddlyalli creates a theif character on a desert planet. The theif character has goals/conflicts/etc., of his own.

The first chapters that Oddlyalli and I create, are just with our own characters. Oddlyalli creates a chapter with her theif, which gives us a good idea what sort of character he is - how he acts/reacts, what sort of life is normal for him, the type of person he is, etc. The Theif tries to steal something, gets caught and knocked unconscious.

I create a chapter where there is conflict on the Space Marines ship, and two of them head down on a planet to pick up a mysterious cargo box they have to deliver to a science laboratory. I create the chapter in such a way that it gives a good idea of the characters.

And then, Oddlyalli creates her second chapter. In this chapter, which is from the point of view of her theif, her theif wakes up in darkness and busts free of a pine box - the same pine box that was Space Marine cargo. So she has her theif try to escape, and interact with the Space Marines - which she knows how the Space Marines act, because she's read my first chapter, which gave her a good idea of what my characters are like.

And so on.

Before Oddlyalli starts her chapter, she works over with me, to make sure I'm cool with some of the ideas she wants to implement that involve my characters - like, she wants the Theif to get to an escape pod, but accidentally interrupt two of my characters making out. Or she wants one of my guys to beat the Theif over the head with a string of sausage, then mutter some random words in russian about eating all the pie. Or if she wants one of my Space Marines to have a crush on theif.

BUT ANYWAYS.

The first step is coming up with characters.
Don't make them too good. Every character has good and bad in them, so try to make them as well-rounded as you can.
Once everyone has characters and a little starting point, we can come up with a story to fit them, and how they get together. Which is neat, cause it doesn't have to be all the characters end up together, but all the stories will be interwined - everyone meets everyone eventually.

Art style wise, if you want to do your pages colored, or toned or whatever, that's cool (but y'know. Effort is important. No smudges paper scan type things).

There, I think I covered everything biggrin
Let me know if I'm missing something, I should be here a lot more often now.

Fluffy Genius

4,425 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
I DID FORGET.

Rating.

Is this, what, PG-13?

Fluffy Genius

4,425 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
If it's cool with you guys, I wanted to have the comic published as a paperback, and then put all the proceeds towards a charity call Random Acts. heart

So please use this guide when you put your pages together.

And, I have a website we can use for hosting, or we can just upload to smackjeeves, or something. (Or both. Both is good.)

Blessed Friend

4,900 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Timid 100
So I take it you don't want my participation?

Fluffy Genius

4,425 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Crie_Skies
So I take it you don't want my participation?

I haven't said you couldn't ^.^
Can you draw though? I looked at your deviantart, but it only has stories and photos?

Blessed Friend

4,900 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Timid 100
Sadly I can'y.

Fluffy Genius

4,425 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Crie_Skies
Sadly I can'y.

Okay, well, you can still help though!
If you'd like, you can hang out and help us develop plots and stuff? ^.^

Blessed Friend

4,900 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Timid 100
I have an idea for a.n odd ball character. Can I have your skypes if you have any?

Fluffy Genius

4,425 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Crie_Skies
I have an idea for a.n odd ball character. Can I have your skypes if you have any?

I don't really do Skype.
Just tell me here? Or PM me?

I could always make your character a space marine :F

Blessed Friend

4,900 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Timid 100
http://rinrosk.deviantart.com/art/burn-it-down-393255342

this is my most latest writing. I'll pm you my character idea.

Cuddly Browser

Princling
If it's cool with you guys, I wanted to have the comic published as a paperback, and then put all the proceeds towards a charity call Random Acts. heart

So please use this guide when you put your pages together.

And, I have a website we can use for hosting, or we can just upload to smackjeeves, or something. (Or both. Both is good.)

I'm good with the charity idea. biggrin

But, can i ask what drawing program you use, because I use SAI... and well I can't get the sizes right, unless I magically get my Photoshop Elements from my box of forgotten memories. Put it short, need someone to make me a template of the margins in white and black :/

(That is to say, if it wouldn't bother you redface )

About hosting and such, I think doing both would be good.

P.S. : When I finish my character, do I PM you, or post it here?

EDIT: Survive a whole month without internet, it is pretty scary gonk

Blessed Friend

4,900 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Timid 100
I`m all go with the charity idea. I do have to figure and work my writing around this comic panel though.

High-functioning Punching Bag

10,800 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Survivor 150
Princling

User ImageUser Image

Welcome back! (Sorry your computer rebelled, but glad it wasn't something worse; I was a little worried.)

EDIT: I was just on my way to sleep, so I'll come back within the weekend to give more unwarranted thoughts and questions on this all. Feel free to have it all planned and plotted without me. biggrin ('Cause that's totally how fast these things work.)

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff