Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fluffy Genius

4,425 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
There was a comic, and gosh I don't recall the title of it, but it has several different authors where they do a story of their own characters, but all the characters are set in the same world. Eventually, the characters meet each other and there is a big epic storyline.

And I'd like to do something like that!

Like say, we got four authors. And each author does a story that eventually ends up with them having one piece of a four piece "key" to discover an ancient city, which is supposed to house an epic treasure.

The first chapter would be, like, Author One does ten pages of his/her own characters, then Author Two, and so on. A chance to really develop the characters on their own, and have their own stories, along with the hidden ancient city keys.

The characters could be searching for the keys, or just randomly stumble upon a key and wonder what it is, it could be something that they were given to by their deceased family person, or they could have it and think it is something else entirely. If your character was a thief, then it could be that they're trying to steal this statue that's worth a lot of money. Then they get it, it gets broken open and they key is inside. Or something.

BUT YES.

Your character can be anything (human, athropomorphic, an actual animal - actual animals limited to real animals, but you could be an anthro-dragon or something if you wanted), with any job (student, space pirate, chef, sailor, whatever). More than one character, within reason.

And we can put it together as a book, if you'd like heart

RIGHT. SO.

If you're interested, post examples of your art smile
I think it would be best not to have a lot of us, maybe only like 4 or 5.

Distinct Gawker

3,350 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Princling
There was a comic, and gosh I don't recall the title of it, but it has several different authors where they do a story of their own characters, but all the characters are set in the same world. Eventually, the characters meet each other and there is a big epic storyline.

And I'd like to do something like that!

Like say, we got four authors. And each author does a story that eventually ends up with them having one piece of a four piece "key" to discover an ancient city, which is supposed to house an epic treasure.

The first chapter would be, like, Author One does ten pages of his/her own characters, then Author Two, and so on. A chance to really develop the characters on their own, and have their own stories, along with the hidden ancient city keys.

The characters could be searching for the keys, or just randomly stumble upon a key and wonder what it is, it could be something that they were given to by their deceased family person, or they could have it and think it is something else entirely. If your character was a thief, then it could be that they're trying to steal this statue that's worth a lot of money. Then they get it, it gets broken open and they key is inside. Or something.

BUT YES.

Your character can be anything (human, athropomorphic, an actual animal - actual animals limited to real animals, but you could be an anthro-dragon or something if you wanted), with any job (student, space pirate, chef, sailor, whatever). More than one character, within reason.

And we can put it together as a book, if you'd like heart

RIGHT. SO.

If you're interested, post examples of your art smile
I think it would be best not to have a lot of us, maybe only like 4 or 5.

Dude, that was actually my idea in 2012!!!!!!!!!!!

Unless, you are either: 1) in one of the meet up groups (canada) I was participating in. 2) heard this idea from a friend who was in my group.....lol

We had 4 people working on this project. Each artist needs to present their own original characters and their background stories. And eventually the 4 characters will get together in one setting.

However, what we did after that was choosing the best artist continuing the story afterwards.

So far, we never past the 1st stage, sadly... sweatdrop

Cause everyone is too lazy and we all lost interest.

Fluffy Genius

4,425 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
QueenTroll38

Unless, you are either: 1) in one of the meet up groups (canada) I was participating in. 2) heard this idea from a friend who was in my group.....lol

We had 4 people working on this project. Each artist needs to present their own original characters and their background stories. And eventually the 4 characters will get together in one setting.

However, what we did after that was choosing the best artist continuing the story afterwards.

No, I wasn't part of that project ^.^
But I am from Canada! whee On the far East Coast, for now.

Did you want to join? heart

Distinct Gawker

3,350 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Princling
QueenTroll38

No, I wasn't part of that project ^.^
But I am from Canada! whee On the far East Coast, for now.

Did you want to join? heart

Sure. It will be fun. What do you have in mind?

Fluffy Genius

4,425 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
QueenTroll38

Excellent whee I like your pages! You do violence well, LOL.

So I was thinking like above, we create our own characters, do their own little stories, and then they each stumble upon some sort of "key" to discovering/accessing an ancient city.

The key doesn't have to be an actual key, but could be something like... a broken piece of tile. And when all four pieces of the tile are put together, they seal and create a map? Or, a phrase to get them through a door, a locket that doubles as a keystone and a mechanical ball that shows a star map. Could be anything really.

But to start, I was thinking, we each do a collection of pages that introduces our characters and their own stories. Our own characters should get a chance to really establish themselves and reveal backstory or some things, a story "B-plot" of their own before they meet.

What sort of character/story did you want to create?

Fluffy Genius

4,425 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Or something! That was just an idea whee
If you have a better idea, tell me heart

Distinct Gawker

3,350 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Princling
QueenTroll38

Excellent whee I like your pages! You do violence well, LOL.

So I was thinking like above, we create our own characters, do their own little stories, and then they each stumble upon some sort of "key" to discovering/accessing an ancient city.

The key doesn't have to be an actual key, but could be something like... a broken piece of tile. And when all four pieces of the tile are put together, they seal and create a map? Or, a phrase to get them through a door, a locket that doubles as a keystone and a mechanical ball that shows a star map. Could be anything really.

But to start, I was thinking, we each do a collection of pages that introduces our characters and their own stories. Our own characters should get a chance to really establish themselves and reveal backstory or some things, a story "B-plot" of their own before they meet.

What sort of character/story did you want to create?

I'm thinking a story about a world inside of mirrors. A reflection of the reality. In that case we can do whatever we want in this world.

Devoted Friend

13,350 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Befriended 100
I'm interested...but I cant draw.

Heck I can't even find someone to help me out on my story...

I wanna join this. However, I don't know if I will have time for my other projects along side this.

Oh what to do, what to do...

Sweet Mage

8,775 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Invisibility 100
  • Conversationalist 100
Awww-----this sounds very fun, but I think that my art isn't good enough for a comic and I have never came up with a comic scene, I should practice sad ----I love writing stories and drawing but I believe I am not good enough

High-functioning Punching Bag

10,800 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Survivor 150
So, I was thinking I could do one of those key fragments' journeys as a kind of comic relief/peaceful break between the real characters' sections, illustrating everything working together to get this fragment where it's needed, and then (because I'm terrible with long-term commitments) drop out of the comic if I have to. These are my art examples, but I don't actually have any comics in there. However, I do like my idea for the first page of what would be my section, so I'll try to draw that this weekend, and then I can rescript it and draw it for whatever world setting we land on...if you don't outright tell me that my art is terrible and you don't want to work with me.

10,800 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Survivor 150
Princling

Sorry; in case I needed to quote you.

Blessed Fairy

Hmm this sounds like a fun idea I draw and write though I've never drawn a comic before just drawn random characters.

Well here are some Samples

Fluffy Genius

4,425 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
oddlyalli

Heck yeh, you can join smile

sOuL_EaTer_aLiVe

Do you have any art samples? Sometimes, when people say they aren't very good, they are but they're just comparing to someone who's better.

And there is ALWAYS someone better.

QueenTroll38

I don't think I understand what you mean? Though, if you'd like, you can set your own character in whatever world you'd like and then have him/her transfer through a magic portal into whatever the main world will be?

10,800 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Survivor 150
Princling
oddlyalli

Alright; yay! Then let's pretend that the weekend I was referring to was this now upcoming weekend, and allow me to say I'm possibly going to be out of town for it. (I did have legitimate excuses for the last two weekends, but it's still ridiculous that my free time seems to be self-cannibalizing.)

What kind of main world were you picturing for the comic? The parts-of-a-key to open something fantastic sounds like straight up fantasy (like LotR or D&D), but if you're picturing something more urban fantasy, or sci-fi (which includes everything from thatgamecompany's Journey to Firefly), those would also come with interesting slants to the quest.

Is there some way we could weave in the different art styles being exactly what they look like? Like if it is somehow or partially in the characters' heads, so we're seeing the way each of them sees the world? In which case, I vote my key fragment becomes a crazy person. Because that would be a hoot to illustrate.

Just thoughts.

PS: Your having quoted me didn't show up immediately, so sorry if it happens again; I'll try to check this thread whenever I'm on Gaia, but no guarantees that'll be more than once a week.

Fluffy Genius

4,425 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
oddlyalli
Princling
oddlyalli

Alright; yay! Then let's pretend that the weekend I was referring to was this now upcoming weekend, and allow me to say I'm possibly going to be out of town for it. (I did have legitimate excuses for the last two weekends, but it's still ridiculous that my free time seems to be self-cannibalizing.)

What kind of main world were you picturing for the comic? The parts-of-a-key to open something fantastic sounds like straight up fantasy (like LotR or D&D), but if you're picturing something more urban fantasy, or sci-fi (which includes everything from thatgamecompany's Journey to Firefly), those would also come with interesting slants to the quest.

Is there some way we could weave in the different art styles being exactly what they look like? Like if it is somehow or partially in the characters' heads, so we're seeing the way each of them sees the world? In which case, I vote my key fragment becomes a crazy person. Because that would be a hoot to illustrate.

Just thoughts.

PS: Your having quoted me didn't show up immediately, so sorry if it happens again; I'll try to check this thread whenever I'm on Gaia, but no guarantees that'll be more than once a week.

I was thinking the keys idea if we got a bunch of people, but looks like it just might be you and me ^.^;

But that's cool, and it opens up a ton of different possibilities! biggrin

We could do liiike... if your character was a teenager with military training (part of an elite program or something), but escapes, and my character is a special agent type trying to track them down? Or, my character is a soldier part of a barracks trying to militarize a post-apocalyptic city, and you character is a freedom fighter sort who lives in the city ruins and hates the military? Stuff like that. Just toss out ideas, I'm pretty open to whatever biggrin As you can see, I'm a fan of characterizing the men'in'uniforms wink

I'm a huuuge fan of urban fantasy, and steampunk stuff.

Let me know what you like? smile

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces