Welcome to Gaia! ::

I'm just going to throw this out there as a current professional working in the comic industry- the average pay rate for professional level pencil pages is (minimum average) $75.00 per. Double that for inks. If you're looking for something serious, that's about the rate you're going to have to pay. That being said, your best option would be finding someone willing to do the work and take it to a publication company that accepts open submissions for graphic novels. Webcomics aren't extraordinarily lucrative. However, Comixology has recently opened up a submissions channel that allows for free digital distribution. What this means is- you, as the artist/writer team pay NOTHING, and Comixology sells a digital copy of your comic for a minimum of 1.00 USD. After they make $100.00 off of sales, you begin to get 50% of whatever money is made off of your comic. Keep in mind- You as the creator still retain ALL rights to the comic as per Comixology's guidelines. It's a pretty unique opportunity for artists looking to get published for the first time. SO. If you have a concise, edited, and polished script, you might be more apt to find someone to draw it and do this with you. It's a 0-risk situation and you might make a bit of cash off of it. Happy hunting.

-Shoes
Im not big on anime myself haha....if you wanna explain the story alittle more Id like that, but heres a link to some of my older art
http://browse.deviantart.com/?q=about69monkeyfistz
Ive gotten better, and I can do some coloring and inking and lettering all that jive, Ive been itching to make a comic, I just cant write for s**t sad

o Kanonn's Husband

Profitable Smoker

xiiie
xiien

I've been using it for a few years already. Funny coincidence, though, haha.

Haha yeah this is. Nice to meet you.

Lonely Genius

8,600 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
xiien

I've been using it for a few years already. Funny coincidence, though, haha.

Gracious Gekko

12,000 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Overstocked 200
  • Tycoon 200
xiien
xiiie
Quote:
Any compensation for artist other than honor and glory?

I second this question.

Wow you stole my name

... Ohsnap.

o Kanonn's Husband

Profitable Smoker

xiiie
Quote:

I second this question.

Wow you stole my name

Wealthy Tycoon

6,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Generous 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Alright, now I know it's just a headshot of DEX, but I just have a feeling... you're going to love it.

User Image

I know... it's beautiful.

Stellar Star

24,975 Points
  • Healer 50
  • Hunter 50
  • Survivor 150
I reccomend you to save up some money and try commissioning someone whose art you like. This way youbare uppering your chances of getting art in style you want.
You can try freebies forum too, but chances of getting good quality artt is low.
But remember, artists who are able to bring your characters to life have plenty of practice, what they need is money to put food on table and to pay bills with. Honor and glory /credit and can't.

Lonely Genius

8,600 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Invisibility 100
Jaronoid
xiiie
Quote:

I second this question.

Uhh.. I'm not really sure what else you guys might want.
I can write you a pretty song and post it on my sound cloud?
I was kind of just looking for people who needed practice, so we could scratch one-another's backs..
I'll credit your image anywhere it's posted, however you'd like?
I'm no good at thinking, here.
What do you guys want?

Not sure about the other person, but I thought this might be a paid job.

Anyway, good luck. It might be hard to find a nice artist who would be willing to do this for free.
But yes, good luck!

Gracious Gekko

12,000 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Overstocked 200
  • Tycoon 200
xiiie
Quote:

I second this question.

Uhh.. I'm not really sure what else you guys might want.
I can write you a pretty song and post it on my sound cloud?
I was kind of just looking for people who needed practice, so we could scratch one-another's backs..
I'll credit your image anywhere it's posted, however you'd like?
I'm no good at thinking, here.
What do you guys want?

Lonely Genius

8,600 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Invisibility 100
Quote:

I second this question.

Shapeshifter

You should also try posting this in the Art Requests forum too smile

Stellar Star

24,975 Points
  • Healer 50
  • Hunter 50
  • Survivor 150

Gracious Gekko

12,000 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Overstocked 200
  • Tycoon 200

Gracious Gekko

12,000 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Overstocked 200
  • Tycoon 200
Forgive me ahead of time for this, my BBC is a little rusty.
YOU THERE.
YES, YOU.
THE ARTIST WITH THE UNIQUE (not ******** anime) ART STYLE!
(i said not ******** anime)
COME HITHER.

Hi there.

My name is Jaron, and I'm a comic-book writer. I've been diddling about with small bits and bobbles and tiny skits in the form of text for a good long while now, but I cannot go to a publisher without at least a reference image.

The comic I've been trying to pursue for a good long while is a concept I came up with of an unlikely duo in a medieval world of dark humor and unfortunate coincidences.

Enter our protagonists:

DEX, a clever archer of intense moral upright-ness. A true kind-hearted man, albeit a bit of an arachnophobic, Ophidiophobic, Agoraphobic, Mysophobic, and phobophobic. This magnificent ranger is incredibly articulate, and grossly intelligent. His diet consists of absolutely no meats, and a heaping helping of justice.
Brave, so long as it isn't scaly or slimy or icky.
If the meek shall inherit the earth, he will be first in line.

and, his hugely massive, massively huge partner,

GORTHOK, a two-story tall troll with a hunger for.. well, damn near everything. With the IQ of a common garden hose, this buff behemoth doesn't adhere to plans very well, but is entirely loyal to his best friend. While he may not be able to comprehend complex maths like multiplication and division, he can totally eat a family of deer in, like, one bite.
Does not comprehend bravery, and thusly is pretty freaking brave.
The bigger they are, the more they can drink.

While I'd like to share more with you, that's not my goal here.
My goal here is to get reference images (and possibly an artist) of there two characters.
Physical descriptions are available, but I'm really, REALLY looking for an artist's interpretation of the characters, together or separate, however you'd like to draw them.

I'm really putting myself out here, and I'm kind of wary of what sort of responses I'll get here.

The more interesting your art style is, the more radical I'll most likely find it.
But seriously no ******** anime.

Also, feel free to let me know what you think of the premise for characters. I'm open to criticism.

Thanks in advance.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces