Welcome to Gaia! ::

As the title says, I am looking for someone to work along side to create a vampire manga. I am a writer and am looking to join forces with a talented artist to create this. We can discuss details once we chat. I have a rough idea of what I want and the story itself is still in the making, so I would love someone who also has ideas of their own to bring onto this project.

IF this is the wrong place to post this, please let me know.

Devoted Friend

10,500 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Befriended 100
Ooo a vampire manga!!

Well...I'm not an artist but I would love to read it when your done. I am currently obsessing with vampires and lycans (or billycans as my spell check calls them???)

As long as they somewhat follow the old myths about them and they don't glitter in the sunlight.

Dapper Dabbler

6,600 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
what kind of vampires?

Anxious Humorist

13,600 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Hero 100
Oh, a writer seeking an artist. Damn. Because I have this idea for something, but I'm sick of drawing all the time.

Then again, it doesn't lend itself well to comics, so... forget I said anything.

Kaxen
what kind of vampires?

Hopefully villainous ones. I got sick of seeing them in a sympathetic light as early as the '90s. I mean... they're monsters, dammit.

Dapper Dabbler

6,600 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
Xiam
Kaxen
what kind of vampires?

Hopefully villainous ones. I got sick of seeing them in a sympathetic light as early as the '90s. I mean... they're monsters, dammit.

I like either way about equally (though I'm never sure how well vampires are supposed to be a threat to world peace if they have no long distance attacks to speak of and if the setting includes humans with guns and night vision technology). But I will punch someone in the face if a vampire angsts about drinking blood when animal blood is an acceptable food for them.

...bleh, going off-topic...

Anxious Humorist

13,600 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Hero 100
Kaxen
Xiam
Kaxen
what kind of vampires?

I like either way about equally (though I'm never sure how well vampires are supposed to be a threat to world peace if they have no long distance attacks to speak of and if the setting includes humans with guns and night vision technology). But I will punch someone in the face if a vampire angsts about drinking blood when animal blood is an acceptable food for them.

Hm... I think I like vampires as more of a personal threat than a worldwide threat, though. Like Dracula. I mean, there could always be the implication of what he might do in England, with many more people than the depths of Romania where the locals fear to go, but so much of the story involves the danger posed to the characters and their loved ones. It hits home, and it can be terrifying.

Dapper Dabbler

6,600 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
Xiam
Kaxen
Xiam
Kaxen
what kind of vampires?

Hm... I think I like vampires as more of a personal threat than a worldwide threat, though. Like Dracula. I mean, there could always be the implication of what he might do in England, with many more people than the depths of Romania where the locals fear to go, but so much of the story involves the danger posed to the characters and their loved ones. It hits home, and it can be terrifying.

Yeah, I think they're fine as like a personal threat.

Sparkly Prophet

9,700 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Conventioneer 300
I'm terrified of vampires but they are appealing to draw. Scarlet drops of blood dripping from pale fangs...shudder. xd

Anyway here's a link to my gallery and a picture sample. Thanks for the consideration.

Link Link Link!

User Image

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get Items
Get Gaia Cash
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff