Welcome to Gaia! ::

Devoted Friend

13,350 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Befriended 100
I would like to find a partner or create a group for a story I have created. I am looking for fellow writers as well as an artist or two.

The story is about a young woman with exceptional magic skills. By accident she creates a beating heart of a new world. She decides to bring this heart into a different dimension and help it grow without the influences of her home world. Fearful for her daughters safety, her mother sends two twin brothers to guard her; unable to leave a good adventure alone, her two best friends sneak into her world.

However, the dimension she chooses has an evil spirit who wishes to steal the heart of the world and create its own world of darkness.

Writers: If you are interested please provide an example of dialogue, action, and description.

Artists: If you are interested please provide a link to examples of your choice: portraits, character concepts, comic layouts, action poses, nature and/or city landscapes, animals/insects.
I've dabbled in some bits of comic making, been working on a web comic of my own, on the side, though I need to re do it. X3

Anyhow, here's a link of my DA http://kawaii-chibi-kotou.deviantart.com/ I've got a mix of a lot of styles in there, if anything fits.

Devoted Friend

13,350 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Befriended 100
kotou the star goddess
I've dabbled in some bits of comic making, been working on a web comic of my own, on the side, though I need to re do it. X3

Anyhow, here's a link of my DA http://kawaii-chibi-kotou.deviantart.com/ I've got a mix of a lot of styles in there, if anything fits.
Oh my, I love your art and if I read it right its read from right to left instead of left to right;big bonus. I would love to have you on my team!
Are you still looking for members? smile You're story sounds interesting. My style leans toward anime I hope you don't mind ^^; . As for experience in making manga I've done it but ended up trashing the idea of the story because it wasn't going the way I wanted it to.

Samples can be found here: http://shizuka722.deviantart.com/
Sounds awesome!!! Pm me if you're interested! I normally do traditional manganese layout but I can do other layouts if you like.

Devoted Friend

13,350 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Befriended 100
The project wont officially start until after may 20, as I am going on vacation on may 10.
The story sounds really cool! heart heart heart biggrin biggrin biggrin

Is there room for me to join in? Because I would love to be apart of this and help.

Devoted Friend

13,350 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Befriended 100
Little Miss Moggy
The story sounds really cool! heart heart heart biggrin biggrin biggrin

Is there room for me to join in? Because I would love to be apart of this and help.
I will need some examples first.
Snowblazer
I would like to find a partner or create a group for a story I have created. I am looking for fellow writers as well as an artist or two.

The story is about a young woman with exceptional magic skills. By accident she creates a beating heart of a new world. She decides to bring this heart into a different dimension and help it grow without the influences of her home world. Fearful for her daughters safety, her mother sends two twin brothers to guard her; unable to leave a good adventure alone, her two best friends sneak into her world.

However, the dimension she chooses has an evil spirit who wishes to steal the heart of the world and create its own world of darkness.

Writers: If you are interested please provide an example of dialogue, action, and description.

Artists: If you are interested please provide a link to examples of your choice: portraits, character concepts, comic layouts, action poses, nature and/or city landscapes, animals/insects.

I detect some holes and dues ex machinas but I think with some clever writing it could be quite good. For example, is her home world so corrupt that she's afraid it'll influence (or try to steal) the heart she made, so much so that she's willing to travel to an unknown place to finish it?

is her mother so overprotective of her that the only reason the main character accepted the bodyguards was as a compromise?

how is the inter-dimensional travel made? is it something common in her world - in which case it'll be hard to get rid of the original world's influence - or something rare? in which case you've had the one character (or circle of friends) create or use two revolutionary forms of magic which may be a bit much

how does the evil spirit from the new world know about the heart? I think it'd be easier to write as someone who was from the original world who either overheard or was involved in the making of the heart who wants it for themselves
I know I'm not on your writing team but have you ever thought of the following scenario?
instead of inter-dimensional travel how about pocket dimensions? If your main character was, say, a researcher who by researching something else (which could later become a relevant plot point) she made the heart, was able to get a government granted pocket dimension where all important or large scale research takes place in - to avoid damage to the original world

Given the project's importance she's assigned two guards, and on the day she's showing her friends who snuck in to take a peek this evil spirit/person tries to break into the pocket dimension. as someone experienced with magic she could sense that whoever was out there was powerful but malicious and decided to use her own magic to try and reinforce her pocket dimension at the same time he's exerting force on it to break in

the close contact with the heart plus their two magics pushing on the dimensional space opens up a gap to take all relevant characters + heart to new dimension. after the travel the heart could be drained of power, giving the characters plenty of time to explore the new world and go on adventures while it recharges. the main character could see this as an opportunity to research into the heart, and examine the new dimension for reference for the world she wants to try and create with it.

maybe it's a world without magic, in which case the strange spirit/person would be seen as a god and leader and raise his own army or force to try and take the heart

Devoted Friend

13,350 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Befriended 100
Dark-Merchant
Snowblazer

I detect some holes and dues ex machinas but I think with some clever writing it could be quite good. For example, is her home world so corrupt that she's afraid it'll influence (or try to steal) the heart she made, so much so that she's willing to travel to an unknown place to finish it?

is her mother so overprotective of her that the only reason the main character accepted the bodyguards was as a compromise?

how is the inter-dimensional travel made? is it something common in her world - in which case it'll be hard to get rid of the original world's influence - or something rare? in which case you've had the one character (or circle of friends) create or use two revolutionary forms of magic which may be a bit much

how does the evil spirit from the new world know about the heart? I think it'd be easier to write as someone who was from the original world who either overheard or was involved in the making of the heart who wants it for themselves

She takes the Heart to another dimension to raise it as her own. Like our own world, the one she lives in is not perfect. War plagues the lands around the kingdom. She wishes to create a perfect world without any negativity. By the end of the story she realizes that where ever there is good there is bad. She's a little naive...

Her mother worries because she is her only child and like all mothers wants to protect her child from all harm. Due to her over protection her daughter hasn't learned all of life's ups and downs.

In the castle there is a room which leads to the Astral Plains, it is through there that someone can travel to a different Dimension. However, one must have a strong will in order to navigate the harsh terrain.

The evil spirit senses her arrival and see's her plant the Heart into a large rock. Over the course of a few days life sprouts on the rock. He realizes the potential the Heart can have if in the right hands.
if they have a gateway to multiple dimensions very few would have the opportunity to adventure in, why is her heart needed to create a new one?

Devoted Friend

13,350 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Befriended 100
Dark-Merchant
if they have a gateway to multiple dimensions very few would have the opportunity to adventure in, why is her heart needed to create a new one?
I'm not sure if you fully understand the summary. She accidentally creates a heart of new world. She takes this heart to a dimension that has no life in it, except for the evil entity which really isn't life...just a mass of energy.
Snowblazer
Dark-Merchant
I'm not sure if you fully understand the summary. She accidentally creates a heart of new world. She takes this heart to a dimension that has no life in it, except for the evil entity which really isn't life...just a mass of energy.
I know but why would the bad guy want to go through all the trouble of getting it off her when he could just find a new dimension from the astral plains and start from there?

Devoted Friend

13,350 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Befriended 100
Dark-Merchant
Snowblazer
Dark-Merchant
I know but why would the bad guy want to go through all the trouble of getting it off her when he could just find a new dimension from the astral plains and start from there?

1) He doesn't know the worlds are connected.
2) Even if he did know they were connected the door is currently sealed so nothing can go in or out without permission from the Key Guardian.
3) Even if he did know and the door was unlocked, he currently does not have enough energy to survive the Astral Plains.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff