Welcome to Gaia! ::

So I have a ridiculous proposal.

I want to start a webcomic, but I am more skilled at the drawing aspect of creating one than I am of the story writing side of things. So I'm looking for a partner to collaborate with who shares my morals and goals, and meets my standards. I basically REALLY want to create a comic, but I have no Ideas worth dedicating to. Basically, I am looking for someone to pitch a story, and I want to bring it to life in a digitally drawn and colored comic to be posted online. I am fully aware that this post will get some hate from people who think its ridiculous and demanding, but here it goes.

I like:

-mythical races and creatures as protagonists (elves, fawns, dwarves, creatures of your own creation, dragons and such can be evil or good.)
-Humans are cool too. Y'know... I just wanted to make sure people didn't think I only draw mythical races. razz
-evil race and creatures as antagonists (demons, vampires, werewolves, creatures of your own creation)
-weaponry ( not very experienced with guns, but I'm willing to learn. I love drawing swords, scythes, knives, pole arms, all that jazz)
-a clear, strong distinction between good and evil
-tasteful romance (anything excessively passionate would happen behind the scenes)
-tasteful fight scenes (I don't mind wounds and blood stains, but I don't want to draw horrific gashes and guts and severed heads, unless necessary to plot, i.e. holding up a severed head to show someone is dead)
-protagonists use light magic, antagonists use dark magic. (Not really a fan of drawing voodoo items or summoning rituals...but once again. If it suits the story/character, then it must be done.)
-a writer who can spell. Nothing bothers me more than when a comic has a typo. I would proofread anyway, though, but put in your best effort.
-good character development opportunities in the storyline (I love creating characters and bringing them to life, it's the putting the characters into a story part that I suck at)
-classic fantasy settings ( I do occasionally enjoy working with modern or futuristic scenarios, but my passion lies more in the eras of villages and kingdoms)
-characters with foreign languages or cultures
-tons more that I probably haven't even considered. Surprise me! biggrin

I do NOT want:
-swearing
-extreme gore
-demons or evil races portrayed as heroes
-sex shown
-characters who dress extremely risky (basically, Girls: nothing less than a modest bikini, Guys: nothing less than swim shorts)
-extreme alcoholism or substance abuse (only if it fits within a trait that a character wishes to change about themselves, or as a way to make an antagonist seem more sinister)
-horror
-trans gender/ gay characters (I'm not homophobic, I actually support gay rights, it's just not something I enjoy drawing. No offence intended.)
-protagonists with religions that involve the worship of more than one god. (The baddies can worship whoever they require for their character.)
-a storyline that is a blatant rip off of another trending theme (vampires vs werewolves, ninjas vs pirates, Naruto/Bleach/Ouran HSHC fandom, school of magic/Harry potter, etc. etc. etc.)

Also note that this will be a PARTNERSHIP. I am not just hiring you, I want to work with you on equal terms. You would, however, have primary recognition for the writing, just as I would have primary recognition of the art.We will get equal credit for the webcomic as a whole. This also means that I expect dedication and diligence in my partner, just as you . Webcomics can go on for YEARS (one page is usually submitted weekly) and I refuse to stop half way through.

I am a Christian artist with boundaries. No, I'm not a goody two shoes with a bible glued to my clenched fish. I just believe in God and heaven. Deal with it.

As for my art, I know I am still learning and by no means say I have mastered my craft. I am, however always practicing, and am willing to learn. This webcomic would be a learning experience for us both. It's a bit outdated since I haven't uploaded my digital art yet, but here is a link to my DA: http://itxaro.deviantart.com/

If I haven't scared you off yet, then drop me a PM and we can arrange a time to talk in more detail.

Webcomics that inspire me:
Strays
Gloomverse
Plume

Shadowy Phantom

Do you have any comic samples? There's a lot more to drawing a comic than there is to a single illustration. Even if you can't write well, you could still create a short comic (2-10 pages) to show your skill in laying out pages, lettering, picking shots, etc. Sites like Seventh Sanctum can give you a short prompt to work from.

I don't know about other writers, but I know I wouldn't trust my best stories to an artist without having at least some idea of what the end result would look like.

Edit: By the way, in your don't list you mentioned "characters who dress extremely risky." I think you meant risqué.

Invisible Regular

8,000 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Gaian 50
  • Forum Regular 100
I have three chapters of a script going about magical girls at a haunted boarding school. I'm shooting for lite horror, action, and comedy. I am willing to make changes.

Races:
Humans (Mostly Good)
Shadow Monsters (Bad)
Ghosts (Mostly Bad)
Evil Reflections (Bad)
Element Based Races (Mostly Good, Category maybe broken down into good beings and evil monsters)
Elves and Fairies (Good)
Astral Beings (Mostly Good, may have a few monsters)

Main Characters:
Jamie: Snarky red haired tomboy
Melody: Bespectacled Laotian orphan raise by an Italian-American house wife and an accountant.
Cassandra: A blonde, but not a ditz, she is ambitious and trendy.

Sample Fight Scene:
The trio are fighting a large humanoid shadow (off the wall and as three dimensional as they are. Think smoke monster, but can be hit.). The Shadow Man has several arrows in him.

This is Page 19 of Chapter two
Panel 1:
[Interior: Distorted mirror hall]
Cassandra (having been thrown by the Shadow Man) collides with Melody, knocking her down.

Panel 2:
Jamie (who had been slammed down by the Shadow Man) gets to her feet. The Shadow Man reaches for her.

Jamie: This isn't working.

Panel 3:
Cassandra closes on the Shadow Man. He turns toward her.

Cassandra: I'm not giving up! We have to save Emily!

Panel 4:
Melody is standing, bow in hand.

Melody: Cass, strike its joints! Jamie, get behind it! Now!

Panel 5:
Cassandra slams her flanged mace into its knee, with a loud thunk.

Panel 6:
Jamie flanks the Shadow Man and strikes his broad back with a Shwap.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff