Welcome to Gaia! ::

Beeoshi's Boss

Timid Trickster

So I was up suuuper late on Friday night finishing up the first episode of my new webcomic, called Panic Mode. It's going to be about a girl named Stormy who has waaaayyy too much anxiety for her own good, and normal happenings are blown out of proportion or go in an absolutely absurd direction. It's kinda based on my girlfriend a wee bit, but naturally the comic exaggerates beyond any kind of reason.

So here's a link to it: Panic Mode

If you like it, feel free to subscribe to it. The more subscribers I get, the harder I work!

And here's a panel from it!

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Feral Loiterer

Ha! heart Its cute, and I like your style. You might want to try posting it on 9gag and see if it hits the hotpage once you have a couple more episodes.

Liberal Entrepreneur

Pretty good so far, the art is great.
Very cute. 3nodding
HAHAHA oh my holy jeez cheese fleece that was uhmazing xd
Airship Adventure
So I was up suuuper late on Friday night finishing up the first episode of my new webcomic, called Panic Mode. It's going to be about a girl named Stormy who has waaaayyy too much anxiety for her own good, and normal happenings are blown out of proportion or go in an absolutely absurd direction. It's kinda based on my girlfriend a wee bit, but naturally the comic exaggerates beyond any kind of reason.

So here's a link to it: Panic Mode

If you like it, feel free to subscribe to it. The more subscribers I get, the harder I work!

And here's a panel from it!

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

i love it great job
you should try getting your own style and not copy others (this looks extremely like the marvelous misadventures of flapjack/adventure time)
You have great joke-beat timing and the art is adorable! Bookmarking it.

Beeoshi's Boss

Timid Trickster

Really, really late with responding to this. Thanks a bunch to those who like it! The comic has gained a lot of steam and has recently entered the top 1.5-2% of the most successful comics on the website! :3

imnotaweeaboo
you should try getting your own style and not copy others (this looks extremely like the marvelous misadventures of flapjack/adventure time)
I don't copy styles. I understand what you mean, but I draw how I draw. I've never had anyone say "the art style isn't original" or "you copied [blank]". Sure, I see a few similarities, but I can point out similarities in a lot of comics/cartoons. I spent four years in college drawing in many of my styles, all very different from each other. This style worked for this comic. I'm sorry that you think I'm copying (honestly I work very hard to make my style my own), but I think there's a much bigger problem with anime/manga-style comics.

...With that rant over, I'm just here to say that my comic is doing way better than I could have ever expected. So if for some reason someone reads this and wants to do their own comic, I suggest that you keep at it and don't give up, because that honestly works. biggrin

High-functioning Bunny

Its cute n all but the style is pretty derivative. Which is fine if you're okay with that.

Beeoshi's Boss

Timid Trickster

butt goddess
Its cute n all but the style is pretty derivative. Which is fine if you're okay with that.
Being derivative is one thing, and that's bound to happen with most anyone at some point. I haven't ever gone out of my way to blatantly copy a style, though.

For the subject matter, it needs to be able to convey the thematic stuff perfectly. The comic wouldn't work without the reactionary faces, noodly arms and overall style. The only things people say look like Flapjack/Adventure Time are the mouths. And while I can see what they mean, I don't want to do square teeth or having the teeth be a solid white area on the top/bottom of the mouth (or or less the only other options). I think rounded teeth fit more than others.

Just because it shares similarities doesn't mean I'm trying to make it look like something else. I don't want to change my style because someone did something similar before me. I have plenty of styles that I use based on the subject matter, and using any of my other styles would just be a waste since they don't match at all.

Not trying to sound arrogant or that I was never inspired by any of the previously mentioned shows, but when people say I copy something it sets me off a bit. If I wanted to sit down and copy things I wouldn't have gone to college, haha. Of course, you said my style was derivative, which is acceptable. Although when people say this stuff, I always suggest taking a side by side comparison of the things in question, and more often than not, the things are more different than originally thought. People like to pull one or two features and automatically connect them rather than look at the big picture and see there are more differences than similarities.

I did learn a lot of color composition stuff from Adventure Time, though. That show is amazing for that stuff and it showed me things I had never thought about.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff