1 2 >

I changed a regular post to a poll since more people visit it^^;;
take a look at my web comic and tell me what you think, "ashes to ashes"
I'm going to try to update atleast once a week^^ashes to ashes
bump sweatdrop
Its good but hard to read.
Shamanking_Goth
Its good but hard to read.
yea but thats the best I can get the font to do ^^; I edited it 5 times. sweatdrop
It's good...but i think you're over doing the black just a little bit...
Konoko Koneko
It's good...but i think you're over doing the black just a little bit...
ah maybe^^; but its supposed to be darkish and my friend gave me thei dea to invert all thecolors lol
good for a start, i suppose, but it could use a lot of work. the lines could be crisper, the scans clearer... you could pick a better font and shrink the page size since the details are blurry already. *shrugs*
dither001
good for a start, i suppose, but it could use a lot of work. the lines could be crisper, the scans clearer... you could pick a better font and shrink the page size since the details are blurry already. *shrugs*
yea this is my first attempt, still sucks but ty for the tips,^^ I'll try to improve on it with them
Some things:

-The font is hard to read, as almost everyone else said. Maybe having the font in text bubbles would make it easier to read? The font on the last page is really hard to read because it blends into the background a lot.

-Capitalization: Things look unproffessional when capital letters aren't used correctly. In fact, I almost didn't look at your comic at all because of the capitalization, which sort of sucks because I think your comic is pretty interesting.

Anyway, I liked what's there so far, I hope you continue working on it.
deuteragonist
Some things:

-The font is hard to read, as almost everyone else said. Maybe having the font in text bubbles would make it easier to read? The font on the last page is really hard to read because it blends into the background a lot.

-Capitalization: Things look unproffessional when capital letters aren't used correctly. In fact, I almost didn't look at your comic at all because of the capitalization, which sort of sucks because I think your comic is pretty interesting.

Anyway, I liked what's there so far, I hope you continue working on it.
yea my grammer really sucks^^; I get yelled at by my g/f for it all the time xD and capitilzation and stuff. well actually I have the ne xt panel almost done ^^ I'm hoping to get it posted by...wednesday , tommorow if I dont stall. thanks for the compliment and the tips ^^
hmm, I hate to sound nit-picky, but to me and probably a lot of others, improper grammar is very annoying. I don't always have proper grammar, but here are some corrections on your first page:

Welcome to my online web comic 'Ashes to Ashes
Low quality site I know^^; but it's Geocities so gimmie a break xD
um...I dont know how fast the posts will go I'll try to get at least a page a week but with how undedicated I am it's not likely.^^;
So here you are...Ashes to Ashes.
[unless of course, the title is supposed to be ashes to ashes not Ashes to Ashes]

Ashes to ashes chapter one : It's a dark story with a gothic feel to it; action, tragedy, and a touch of twisted romance later on.
It begins with Ukime, the star of this story, who has lost his precious lover Shino. Crushed by this, the urge to die drives him to do many things he will only live to regret later on in life. When Ukime comes in contact with a group following the beliefs of the Salem witch trials, the story truly begins.

But, biggrin biggrin I like the way you started it. It sounds very interesting and I would like to know the rest of the story.
quagga_chan
hmm, I hate to sound nit-picky, but to me and probably a lot of others, improper grammar is very annoying. I don't always have proper grammar, but here are some corrections on your first page:

Welcome to my online web comic 'Ashes to Ashes
Low quality site I know^^; but it's Geocities so gimmie a break xD
um...I dont know how fast the posts will go I'll try to get at least a page a week but with how undedicated I am it's not likely.^^;
So here you are...Ashes to Ashes.
[unless of course, the title is supposed to be ashes to ashes not Ashes to Ashes]

Ashes to ashes chapter one : It's a dark story with a gothic feel to it; action, tragedy, and a touch of twisted romance later on.
It begins with Ukime, the star of this story, who has lost his precious lover Shino. Crushed by this, the urge to die drives him to do many things he will only live to regret later on in life. When Ukime comes in contact with a group following the beliefs of the Salem witch trials, the story truly begins.

But, biggrin biggrin I like the way you started it. It sounds very interesting and I would like to know the rest of the story.
if you want to know more about the story I can tell you a bit more, just pm me, on this, yahoo, or aol. ^^ I dont know if I'd give away every detail or there woudlnt be much poitn it reading but I can give you more info on the story line.
Thoughts:

The inverted colors is a very interesting idea, and it could work very nicely. It has a unique-looking scratchboard-like effect. However, either black on white or white on black, you still need far more tonal contrast. What you have here are just simple lines. Add some shading, with pure tone or with hatching. Shadows and highlights will work not only to give your images a finished look, but will also help to define spaces and shapes, achieving distinction between objects and a more three-dimensional look.

Yes. The font is extremely hard to read. Proper grammar and capitalization should not be an option, either. For example, in the poem on page four, is it "With God's children", "With gods' children", "With gods, children", etcetera? Your meaning can't be determined simply by your punctuation and capitalization. Get someone, who hasn't read the script or knows what's coming, to look it over for you, to check if they can read and follow each page, before you post them up.

Now, individual pages.

1. The cover is intriguing from the first, and immediately made me curious as to the plot. But for a splash page (title page), don't be afraid to go all-out on the artwork. The title is a good one, but you should make it bigger, as well as include the credits.
2. Text could be rearranged to make for an easier time determining the reading order of each block. Are those clouds on top, or a horizon line? This would be a really good shot to show off a nice landscape and immediately set the scenery for the reader. What time of day is it? What is the landscape like? Is this in the country, or a graveyard in a city? What country is it in? Also, drawing crosses is always tricky freehand. Don't be afraid to make a rular your best friend for making strong, straight lines.
3-4. Hmm. Repeat artwork followed by a page of plain text. Looks lazy, kid. It would be better if you, first, gave your page flow more rhythm by making a multiple-panel page. You could easily combine these two pages into one. Also, vary the shots used in the panels. Maybe give us a nice, front-facing intro drawing of this character. Done well, it will show not only his(?) reactions to the situation and physical makeup, but also his personality.
5. On the bottom, is that one panel, or two? I can't tell, and the action between them(?) is also unclear.

Your story looks like it could be a good one. You have definite skills with pacing and mood. You just need to clean up some problem areas with clarity. Keep at it. I like what I've seen so far, and I'll be bookmarking your site to see how it develops.
radical jojo
Thoughts:

The inverted colors is a very interesting idea, and it could work very nicely. It has a unique-looking scratchboard-like effect. However, either black on white or white on black, you still need far more tonal contrast. What you have here are just simple lines. Add some shading, with pure tone or with hatching. Shadows and highlights will work not only to give your images a finished look, but will also help to define spaces and shapes, achieving distinction between objects and a more three-dimensional look.

Yes. The font is extremely hard to read. Proper grammar and capitalization should not be an option, either. For example, in the poem on page four, is it "With God's children", "With gods' children", "With gods, children", etcetera? Your meaning can't be determined simply by your punctuation and capitalization. Get someone, who hasn't read the script or knows what's coming, to look it over for you, to check if they can read and follow each page, before you post them up.

Now, individual pages.

1. The cover is intriguing from the first, and immediately made me curious as to the plot. But for a splash page (title page), don't be afraid to go all-out on the artwork. The title is a good one, but you should make it bigger, as well as include the credits.
2. Text could be rearranged to make for an easier time determining the reading order of each block. Are those clouds on top, or a horizon line? This would be a really good shot to show off a nice landscape and immediately set the scenery for the reader. What time of day is it? What is the landscape like? Is this in the country, or a graveyard in a city? What country is it in? Also, drawing crosses is always tricky freehand. Don't be afraid to make a rular your best friend for making strong, straight lines.
3-4. Hmm. Repeat artwork followed by a page of plain text. Looks lazy, kid. It would be better if you, first, gave your page flow more rhythm by making a multiple-panel page. You could easily combine these two pages into one. Also, vary the shots used in the panels. Maybe give us a nice, front-facing intro drawing of this character. Done well, it will show not only his(?) reactions to the situation and physical makeup, but also his personality.
5. On the bottom, is that one panel, or two? I can't tell, and the action between them(?) is also unclear.

Your story looks like it could be a good one. You have definite skills with pacing and mood. You just need to clean up some problem areas with clarity. Keep at it. I like what I've seen so far, and I'll be bookmarking your site to see how it develops.
actually I found all your tips to be very useful, if you dont midn I'd li ke to see some of your drawings some time, you seem to know what your doing^^ I;m already mostly done the third panel but I;m going to write down your suggestions and see if I can apply them from now on , thanks very much for the compliment about pacing and moods^^ ah and so no one is confused on ukime's lack of emotions (ukime is the main character) since shino's death hes become somewhat numb. a sad sullen type
Glad to be helpful! I'm really happy to find that some of my suggestions were useful. If you'd like to see my stuff, you can find them at my website,Dead Squirrel Comics.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff