Welcome to Gaia! ::

I'm in need of an artist for a five issue mini-series.

To keep short, simple, and conflict free the premise is as follows:"Katie receives a magical locket as she seeks to rescue her boyfriend from a witch who's ambition is to enslave humanity."

Generous Fatcat

9,700 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Person of Interest 200
do you have any examples of your writing ability?

Shadowy Phantom

Seconding the request for examples of your writing ability.

Will the grammar in the script be better than in your post? You're not exactly making yourself look like a worthwhile writer. Sure, it probably passes an automatic spell checker, but it's riddled with mistakes.

You should provide more information about the story. The premise offers nothing interesting for an artist to grab on to. What makes your story interesting? What genre(s) is it?
How long is it (are you talking five US standard 22-page issues? "Issue" can mean a lot of different things.)?
How quickly will the artist have to work?
What sort of art are you looking for (style/tone)?

How will you pay the artist? If you can't pay them with money, what can you do for them that will repay them for their skill and time?
XMegantronX
do you have any examples of your writing ability?

Oh... That's right... Well here's a sample of how I write a comic-book/manga script:

Page 1, Panel 1,(The top half of the page):

A young brown haired, brown eyed caucasian boy is shown wearing a blue t-shirt, a Red and White baseball cap, blue-jean shorts, as he walks among a crowd of people carrying a backpack over his shoulder, as the Narration Caption Reads: Marlin is a normal 14 year old youth who lives a normal life... Or so he's been lead to believe.

Page 1, Panel 2,(Bottom left half of the page):

A close up is shown of Marlin's face, and torso as the Narration Caption Reads: You see Little Marley here is anything but normal. There's something rather special about him. He's a vampire...

Page 1, Panel 3,( Bottom right half of the page):

The image of Marlin's back is shown, as he approaches two doors with other kids entering through them, as the Narration Caption Reads: Now I know what you're thinking: "A vampire walking in broad daylight among normal humans is completely illogical, they're pale, blood-sucking Night Stalkers who can't stand the sun, so how is it that Marlin can walk among man and be fine?" Well Marlin's special.

Page 2, Panel 1( The Top Left Half Of The Page):

The image of Marlin standing in front of an open locker is shown, as he places his backpack inside, while the Narration Caption Reads: You see Marlin is what is commonly known as a "Day-Walker." Unlike Vampiric half-breeds known as "Dhampirs," Day-Walkers, are pure-blood vampires who have long since built up a tolerance to sunlight, Fire, Water, and Garlic unlike their cousins the pale skinned Night Walkers. But the problem is Marlin's unaware of his vampiric heritage.

Page 2, Panel 2,(The top Right Half Of The Page):

A flash back is show to a scenario of a baby in a basket outside of a building, as two adults, a man and a woman are show kneeling over it, as The Narration Caption Reads: You see Marlin was found outside of a church by a married human couple when he was a baby. There is no note or name tag attached to it.

Page 2, Panel 3,( Bottom Left Half Of The Page):

The Scene show the woman holding the blanket wrapped baby in her arms, as a smile is shown on her face while the Narration Caption Reads: And in having pity over the orphan, the married couple adopted the baby, and named him "Marlin."

Page 2, Panel 4,(Bottom Right Half Of The Page):

The Scenario is shown with a baby boy, as his eyes have a light blue glow to them, and a brown haired toddler girl, and cat have their bodies surrounded by a light blue aura, and their eyes have the same glow as Marlin's, while the Narration Caption Reads: His adopted parents soon learned that Marlin has special abilities when they saw him hypnotize his step-sister, Gina, and their pet, Muffin.

Page 3, Panel 1,( The top half of The Page)

Marlin is shown as a four year old toddler, floating to the top shelf of the kitchen, as he has his hands placed on a cookie jar, while the Narration Caption Reads: Marlin's Parents also noticed his powers of levitation upon observing how he got a hold of the Cookie Jar, after constantly seeing him on the floor with it, day after day.

Page 3, Panel 2,(The bottom half of the page):

Marlin is shown is shown sitting in his room with Gina, and covering his mouth at age 7, while The Narration Caption Reads: And Marlin had another problem... His thirst for blood kicked in when he was seven years of age, but he didn't know what it was, neither did he understand it at the time.

Page 4, Panel 1,(The Top left half of the Page):

The scene shows Marlin, age 7 in the kitchen with his older Sister Gina, standing in front of a counter that has a knife, and sliced chocolate chip cookie dough on it, as Marlin is shown sucking on Gina's finger after she had cut using a knife to slice cookie dough, as the Narration Caption Reads: He soon found out how he enjoyed the taste of human blood after he placed Gina's right index finger in his mouth, and sucked on it in order to stop the bleeding.

Page 4, Panel 2,(The Top Right Half Of The Page):

The scene is shows Marlin sitting with his sister Gina, and placing a band-aid on a scrap on her left forearm, as their wearing elbow pads, knee pads, and roller blades, as the Narration Caption Reads: In realizing his Vampirism, Marlin decided to treat his sister's wound through first aid, rather than sucking the blood from her wound before applying a ban-aid because of the fear that he'd on day suck her dry, and kill her. And Marlin didn't want to do anything to hurt his big sister.

Page 4, Panel 3(The entire Bottom Half Of The Page):

Marlin is shown on the school playground, punching a fat black haired kid in a white t-shirt, and blue-jean pants, amongst a crowd of kids watching them, as the Narration Caption Reads: But like most small happy kids, Marlin had to deal with bullies, especially since there were rumors of his vampirism floating around thanks to some of his sister's "so-called friends." But unlike alot of small happy kids, Marlin fought his bullies for picking on him, and his sister.

I tend to be specific on the page structure...

Kyousouka
Seconding the request for examples of your writing ability.

Will the grammar in the script be better than in your post? You're not exactly making yourself look like a worthwhile writer. Sure, it probably passes an automatic spell checker, but it's riddled with mistakes.

You should provide more information about the story. The premise offers nothing interesting for an artist to grab on to. What makes your story interesting? What genre(s) is it?

Yeah I should've mentioned the genre which I'm aiming at the action/adventure romance market. What makes it interesting... I can really attempt to explain that because I might offend some people.

Kyousouka
How long is it (are you talking five US standard 22-page issues? "Issue" can mean a lot of different things.)?
How quickly will the artist have to work?
What sort of art are you looking for (style/tone)?

How will you pay the artist? If you can't pay them with money, what can you do for them that will repay them for their skill and time?

Yes, I was referring to the standard U.S. 22 Page issue mini-series. And how quickly the artist works is up to them really... I have to consider their lives and responsibilities outside of their career.

And while I am unable to provide I was hoping to meet an artist who'd be willing to work for free... I should've made that clear.

Shadowy Phantom

Dreamerssword
I should've made that clear.

Yes, you should have. Everything you just told me should be in your first post, as most artists aren't going to dig through your other replies for basic info like that.

You should give as much information as you can about the project if you want to get an artist, even if it's potentially offensive (just put a warning beforehand, and maybe use the spoiler tag), or if it's a spoiler. The goal of this thread is to get a partner who is excited about creating the comic as much as you are. Save the marketing mystique for the potential readers.

It's nice to see that your actual scripts have better grammar than your forum posts, but I still recommend having someone read them and edit them. You have some weird-sounding wording in there. That sort of stuff needs to be fixed before you send the script to your artist.

Sparkly Prophet

9,700 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Conventioneer 300
I'm an artist and a mini series sounds interesting. I like drawing female protagonists Here's some samples of my work.

http://stacherabbit.deviantart.com/gallery/
Kyousouka
Dreamerssword
I should've made that clear.

Yes, you should have. Everything you just told me should be in your first post, as most artists aren't going to dig through your other replies for basic info like that.

You should give as much information as you can about the project if you want to get an artist, even if it's potentially offensive (just put a warning beforehand, and maybe use the spoiler tag), or if it's a spoiler. The goal of this thread is to get a partner who is excited about creating the comic as much as you are. Save the marketing mystique for the potential readers.

It's nice to see that your actual scripts have better grammar than your forum posts, but I still recommend having someone read them and edit them. You have some weird-sounding wording in there. That sort of stuff needs to be fixed before you send the script to your artist.

Yeah and I'm still on the hunt for an artist... I have the first issue for the script finished. Should I present it here?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff