Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hello!

I've had this idea for a story and the more I think about it, the more I want to make it into a comic. Unfortunately, I've never tried doing something like that and I'm still having issues putting together the story. I consider myself an average artist, but I need a good reference for human poses, which I can never seem to find. I can design the characters and you can draw them in the comic based on the script I put together.

As I mentioned, I haven't fully figured out how the story is going to play out, and I'm in need of a good writing buddy who can give me suggestions and help me get this thing rolling. Maybe even RPing a scene would help me get an idea on how to script a scene.

Anyway, I need an artist and a co-writer. If you can do both, that's fine, but I need you to be able to be available regularly. I'm online nearly every day, or at least every week, and I expect my co-writer to be as well.

Thank you for checking out my request!

~Redrose

P.S. If you have any questions about the story or what exactly I'm looking for in an artist, don't be afraid to ask ^_^

Friendly Werewolf

5,800 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Profitable 100
Well what style of art are you looking for? I could help out with some of it :3 If you would like I could just draw out your characters for you and you could go off my art that way and see if you like it or I could show you some examples of my art. If you would like that is.
Kasumi_Pandahs
Well what style of art are you looking for? I could help out with some of it :3 If you would like I could just draw out your characters for you and you could go off my art that way and see if you like it or I could show you some examples of my art. If you would like that is.

I'm mostly looking for a manga style, but it doesn't have to be. If I like it and think it'll fit the story, then I'll go with it. Yes I would like to see some of your art and if I like it, then I'll have you draw the main character as a test. Also, do you know how to draw backgrounds?

Friendly Werewolf

5,800 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Profitable 100
Here's some examples of my work:
User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

I know its a bit much sweatdrop

and I can sorta do backgrounds but you have to be extremely descriptive with the setting including: the time of day, where it is, what's surrounding it, etc.

Hope you like my style sweatdrop heart
Kasumi_Pandahs

It looks good. I'll think about it, see if there are any others that are also interested. thank you for showing me your work smile

Friendly Werewolf

5,800 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Profitable 100
Haha not a problem smile
Oh! Oh! Oh! I'm interested in working with you and being a co-writer! I would try being an artist for you but I'm quite lazy when it comes to drawing, so I cant be your illustrator ^^"

Sparkly Prophet

9,700 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Conventioneer 300
I can do both but I'm best as solely an illustrator. I've done some comic work before and would love to do it again. I have four styles I usually work in. Manga comic style, portrait realistic, original cartoon style, and anthropomorphic animal. I can freehand copy other styles but I feel that it's disrespectful to the original artist so I don't do it.

Here is a link to my DA gallery- Awesome Link

When looking at the gallery please check out the side folders too. I have some good examples there too.

Sparkly Prophet

9,700 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Conventioneer 300
Here's some picture samples in case you're not up to looking at the gallery. User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image
filigree hummingbird

It looks pretty good. I'll consider it. While I'm trying to figure out this story, I'll PM a description of a character so I can see how well you can put them together. Most of the time, I would be able to provide my own rough sketch of what I want, but there may be times when all I have is a description.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get Items
Get Gaia Cash
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games