Welcome to Gaia! ::

moeotaku1
LEECHUTS
moeotaku1
Thanks for applying~
And to answer your questions, I've been pondering over those for a while. I want to come up with a method that will use everyone's strengths together.
My plan as of now (and it is liable to change):

1) Coming Up With A Story
Like I said, the genre wanted by the majority will win, but genre's tend to be broad and I think we could fit some of what everyone wants into it and still create something amazing. This will probably be the hard part. I'm thinking we could post a few threads in the guild that Snowblazer is letting us use.
Link to Said Guild

Anyone who has an idea would suggest it and we would just have to go from there. What I kind of expect to happen is that we do something along the lines of dropping some ideas, combining other ideas and adding new ideas all at the same time but there's not really a way that I can predict exactly what will happen. However, I do kind of expect there to be a few argument. Arguments are fine as long as they aren't too heated (Arguments show how passionate a person is about their idea and that is a beautiful thing).

2) The Building of That Story
After coming up with the initial plot summary in this way, the writers would begin to come up with conflicts and resolutions and characters. They could post these ideas that they have online and the majority would decide whether to trash or keep it (again, I expect a lot of arguing). The artists and writers would probably talk together to come up with character designs.

3) The Writing of That Story
After the conflicts and resolutions are decided, the story would be split up (probably from one conflict to the next) and the chunks given to each writer to write on their own. While writing they should absolutely postively feel free to ask the other writers for help with things like capturing the right emotion, word choice, word flow or whatever a writer may need to worry about. That is why I wanted a group of many different specialties. After the writer's chunk is written, they would post it and then it's open for suggestions by the group. At this point, I think it's best to let the writer be in charge of their own chunk so they can choose whether or need to heed the suggestions. After each writer is satisfied with their chunk, the writers should work together as a group to make sure that the story travels "seamlessly" from confict to conflict or however the story is split into the chunks and grouped into a single story. *Voila! A beautiful masterpiece is born!*

3) The Drawing of That Story
Then, that story should be split up into chunks and given to the artists. Each artist should come up with a storyboard, of course feeling free to ask the other artists and even the writers things like what angle the shot should be at, or what kind of position to put the eyebrows in to make the right kind of face or ask why the anatomy doesn't look right and anything an artist would have to worry about. The storyboard would be posted and the group would suggest what they want. Then, the lines should be posted in (I say lines as in pencil or ink since I don't know whether techy people skip the pencilling altogether) and criticized. And then a final ,with whatever tone and typesetting that is used, should be posted and criticized. I can't force artists to do things traditionally or digitally. All I ask is that you use a decent scanner and touch up the scan a bit so that it looks pretty, please.

Tell me what you guys think of this plan. Suggestions? Questions? Anything. I personally feel as though the writer is dogged a lot by majority rule. But at the same time I want a story everyone can be happy with. That's one of my main worries. Another one is that in order for this to be fun, we must really strive to learn from one another and be active in responding to each other.
I'll work out the kinks in this plan and then make some kind of timeline so that we can get "due dates"~

wow you seem really organized ;A;
i think this plan would work, but for the sake of consistency in style, i think each artist should be in charge of one area of the manga (ex. one person is in charge of drawing backgrounds, one person in charge of drawing the faces, etc)
Also,, I think we should all stay connected through skype during the summer when this is actually happening, so that we can all be updated quickly and discuss things at a faster pace (not to mention we can also discuss through calls)

Ohman im getting excited * 7*

You have no idea how good it is to hear you say that I seem organized. Thanks so much!!
And about the consistency in style thing, I had though of something like that, too but I didn't want someone to be constricted to just drawing one thing when they'd rather draw something else. If everyone's okay with it, though, let's go for it~
EDIT: Also, I'm a minor and my parents would never let me sign up for Skype.

Aw ;w;
I feel for you man</3
SOMEDAY YOU'LL BE FREE *A*
LEECHUTS
moeotaku1
LEECHUTS
moeotaku1
Thanks for applying~
And to answer your questions, I've been pondering over those for a while. I want to come up with a method that will use everyone's strengths together.
My plan as of now (and it is liable to change):

1) Coming Up With A Story
Like I said, the genre wanted by the majority will win, but genre's tend to be broad and I think we could fit some of what everyone wants into it and still create something amazing. This will probably be the hard part. I'm thinking we could post a few threads in the guild that Snowblazer is letting us use.
Link to Said Guild

Anyone who has an idea would suggest it and we would just have to go from there. What I kind of expect to happen is that we do something along the lines of dropping some ideas, combining other ideas and adding new ideas all at the same time but there's not really a way that I can predict exactly what will happen. However, I do kind of expect there to be a few argument. Arguments are fine as long as they aren't too heated (Arguments show how passionate a person is about their idea and that is a beautiful thing).

2) The Building of That Story
After coming up with the initial plot summary in this way, the writers would begin to come up with conflicts and resolutions and characters. They could post these ideas that they have online and the majority would decide whether to trash or keep it (again, I expect a lot of arguing). The artists and writers would probably talk together to come up with character designs.

3) The Writing of That Story
After the conflicts and resolutions are decided, the story would be split up (probably from one conflict to the next) and the chunks given to each writer to write on their own. While writing they should absolutely postively feel free to ask the other writers for help with things like capturing the right emotion, word choice, word flow or whatever a writer may need to worry about. That is why I wanted a group of many different specialties. After the writer's chunk is written, they would post it and then it's open for suggestions by the group. At this point, I think it's best to let the writer be in charge of their own chunk so they can choose whether or need to heed the suggestions. After each writer is satisfied with their chunk, the writers should work together as a group to make sure that the story travels "seamlessly" from confict to conflict or however the story is split into the chunks and grouped into a single story. *Voila! A beautiful masterpiece is born!*

3) The Drawing of That Story
Then, that story should be split up into chunks and given to the artists. Each artist should come up with a storyboard, of course feeling free to ask the other artists and even the writers things like what angle the shot should be at, or what kind of position to put the eyebrows in to make the right kind of face or ask why the anatomy doesn't look right and anything an artist would have to worry about. The storyboard would be posted and the group would suggest what they want. Then, the lines should be posted in (I say lines as in pencil or ink since I don't know whether techy people skip the pencilling altogether) and criticized. And then a final ,with whatever tone and typesetting that is used, should be posted and criticized. I can't force artists to do things traditionally or digitally. All I ask is that you use a decent scanner and touch up the scan a bit so that it looks pretty, please.

Tell me what you guys think of this plan. Suggestions? Questions? Anything. I personally feel as though the writer is dogged a lot by majority rule. But at the same time I want a story everyone can be happy with. That's one of my main worries. Another one is that in order for this to be fun, we must really strive to learn from one another and be active in responding to each other.
I'll work out the kinks in this plan and then make some kind of timeline so that we can get "due dates"~

wow you seem really organized ;A;
i think this plan would work, but for the sake of consistency in style, i think each artist should be in charge of one area of the manga (ex. one person is in charge of drawing backgrounds, one person in charge of drawing the faces, etc)
Also,, I think we should all stay connected through skype during the summer when this is actually happening, so that we can all be updated quickly and discuss things at a faster pace (not to mention we can also discuss through calls)

Ohman im getting excited * 7*

You have no idea how good it is to hear you say that I seem organized. Thanks so much!!
And about the consistency in style thing, I had though of something like that, too but I didn't want someone to be constricted to just drawing one thing when they'd rather draw something else. If everyone's okay with it, though, let's go for it~
EDIT: Also, I'm a minor and my parents would never let me sign up for Skype.

Aw ;w;
I feel for you man</3
SOMEDAY YOU'LL BE FREE *A*

Ikr. I just can't wait.
Love my family and all but I need to get out of this house!! xd

Devoted Friend

13,350 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Befriended 100
Wish I still lived with my parents...lol...I'ts not that bad on your own...I guess...

Well, I'm not on my own any more so it's kay.

As with skype...1: I am HUGELY uncomfortable with using it and 2: My computer decided to crash after installing it so I no longer have it on said computer.

I am on Gaia everyday Tuesday-Friday 11am-12pm and 9pm-1am(ish) Sunday 1(ish) to 3:30pm and 7/8(ish)-1am Monday whenever I wake up (between 11am-3pm) to about 4pm then on and off until about 10pm when my husband goes to sleep and I can sit in front of it (or watch tv with random checkups) until around 1am.

I am always online but I may not be in front of the computer or even home. Just send me a pm or quote me and if I have internet connection when I am out and about I can use Gaia on the Go to respond.

Btw...there are about 4 people in the guild...I am assuming there are more people on this project than 4.
Snowblazer
Wish I still lived with my parents...lol...I'ts not that bad on your own...I guess...

Well, I'm not on my own any more so it's kay.

As with skype...1: I am HUGELY uncomfortable with using it and 2: My computer decided to crash after installing it so I no longer have it on said computer.

I am on Gaia everyday Tuesday-Friday 11am-12pm and 9pm-1am(ish) Sunday 1(ish) to 3:30pm and 7/8(ish)-1am Monday whenever I wake up (between 11am-3pm) to about 4pm then on and off until about 10pm when my husband goes to sleep and I can sit in front of it (or watch tv with random checkups) until around 1am.

I am always online but I may not be in front of the computer or even home. Just send me a pm or quote me and if I have internet connection when I am out and about I can use Gaia on the Go to respond.

Btw...there are about 4 people in the guild...I am assuming there are more people on this project than 4.

Yea, there are more than four people in the project. I think they're either not checking back here and/or waiting for me to send them a "Congratulations! You're in!" PM which I should probably do since I said I only wanted 5 or 6 people and about 10 have applied. I'm debating whether more people would be a problem.
Snowblazer

ohman ;A;
what a punctual schedual you have!

Perhaps we should all compose a master post (when summer comes, ofcourse) of what times we will usually be online? Maybe we can even have a meeting time every week or so where we can all be online and discuss in real time about the manga ;w;?

Devoted Friend

13,350 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Befriended 100
LEECHUTS
Snowblazer

ohman ;A;

Perhaps we should all compose a master post (when summer comes, ofcourse) of what times we will usually be online? Maybe we can even have a meeting time every week or so where we can all be online and discuss in real time about the manga ;w;?
that is a good idea. I work forty hours a week and I have family dinner ever Sunday and I do random leave the house lol
Snowblazer
LEECHUTS
Snowblazer

ohman ;A;

that is a good idea. I work forty hours a week and I have family dinner ever Sunday and I do random leave the house lol

HN ADULTHOOD;;;;
i only work like 14 hrs a week ;W;;;

Devoted Friend

13,350 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Befriended 100
LEECHUTS
Snowblazer
LEECHUTS
Snowblazer

ohman ;A;

HN ADULTHOOD;;;;
i only work like 14 hrs a week ;W;;;
CHEREISH THAT!! I miss my carefree days of child and teen hood....course I was always a few years more mature than my age....but still
Drew this quickly when i woke upp;
I hope you guys have a good one!

User Image
LEECHUTS
For the sake of consistency in style, i think each artist should be in charge of one area of the manga (ex. one person is in charge of drawing backgrounds, one person in charge of drawing the faces, etc)

moeotaku1

It probably makes the most sense to do it like this, especially if this'd be a short project (if it was everyone doing a chapter, that might be one thing, but it'd be really disconcerting to be jumping stylistically from page to page).
Of course, this means someone will have to do the backgrounds XD Oh god.

Is there some sort of group-IM program we could use, instead of Skype? It'd be nice having a faster form of conversation than the post-by-post thread, and if there was no videochat option people might be more comfortable with it.
The Chaos Star
LEECHUTS
For the sake of consistency in style, i think each artist should be in charge of one area of the manga (ex. one person is in charge of drawing backgrounds, one person in charge of drawing the faces, etc)

moeotaku1

It probably makes the most sense to do it like this, especially if this'd be a short project (if it was everyone doing a chapter, that might be one thing, but it'd be really disconcerting to be jumping stylistically from page to page).
Of course, this means someone will have to do the backgrounds XD Oh god.

Is there some sort of group-IM program we could use, instead of Skype? It'd be nice having a faster form of conversation than the post-by-post thread, and if there was no videochat option people might be more comfortable with it.

Yes, that's true ;w;
I found this private chat website:
http://zippychat.com

all you do is create a room, put a password on it if you want, give yourself a name, and send the link to your friends and as long as they have the password (if they need it) they can chat in there as well - no video or mic option!

And apparently the chat room is permanent, so we can always just use the same one.
LEECHUTS

Ah, that could work well!
Plus, no having to download an app or anything. Would make it easier to do things from a shared computer.
The Chaos Star
LEECHUTS

Ah, that could work well!
Plus, no having to download an app or anything. Would make it easier to do things from a shared computer.

I found this site called Wiggio where you can manage and upload files to a shared folder online. The only download you would need would be to download the files themselves. And you can also create to-do lists and calendars as a group~
moeotaku1

I found this site called Wiggio where you can manage and upload files to a shared folder online. The only download you would need would be to download the files themselves. And you can also create to-do lists and calendars as a group~

Hrm, that would be pretty great-- especially once things get to the drawing stage, since artists will probably be having to trade .psd files and those can get kind of large to attach to emails.
It's exciting seeing all of this getting organized!
moeotaku1

Oh that sounds awesome!
ohhonhonhonhon I'm getting pretty excited about this *w*

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas