Welcome to Gaia! ::

Amecha
This is a really interesting idea, and I would love to join in, but I'm extremely fickle and have way too many projects of my own. Like a comic that's still in the early drafting stages. I really wish you all the best, and will be eagerly waiting to see this come to fruition.

Thank you. Appreciate your support~!
xiiie
moeotaku1
I'd love to join, but I tend to be really moody when it comes to drawing and often cannot keep up - either I just don't feel like drawing or don't have any inspiration.
Not sure if you would want to have a slow person. ;_;

Excuse lateness, please. I've been grounded.
Even if you can't work continuously with us, you could contribute with feedback and ideas during the creation process if you'd like. You could be like an editor.

Lonely Genius

8,600 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
moeotaku1
xiiie
moeotaku1
I'd love to join, but I tend to be really moody when it comes to drawing and often cannot keep up - either I just don't feel like drawing or don't have any inspiration.

Even if you can't work continuously with us, you could contribute with feedback and ideas during the creation process if you'd like. You could be like an editor.

Sounds like fun!

Well, maybe until the summer comes, I will stop being so lazy... I hope so.
xiiie
moeotaku1
xiiie
moeotaku1

Sounds like fun!

Well, maybe until the summer comes, I will stop being so lazy... I hope so.

Good luck! I have the same problem, honestly. You're not alone, comarade!!

Devoted Exhibitionist

moeotaku1
Microchipped

Thanks for responding! Sorry for the late reply, I've been grounded.

It's fine!! > u <
Too bad about being grounded though! I hate when that even happens to me sweatdrop
Microchipped
moeotaku1
Microchipped

It's fine!! > u <
Too bad about being grounded though! I hate when that even happens to me sweatdrop

Ikr! It's like I never know what my parents will ground me for, but usually I can get around the punishments! cat_blaugh They really locked me down this time~

Sparkly Prophet

9,700 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Conventioneer 300
User: filigree hummingbird
Artist and/or Writer: Artist
Sample: http://stacherabbit.deviantart.com/gallery/
Specialty: I can work in any medium. Paint, Computer, Textiles you name it
Flaws: Handwriting is bad which is ironic since I can draw
Genre I'd Like to Make: I like any genre but Super Mature(i.e. sex) and Horror
My favorite format to draw in though is Korean Webtoon style.
Notes: Nice to meet y'all 3nodding
filigree hummingbird

Thanks for applying~

Sparkly Prophet

9,700 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Conventioneer 300
sure it sounds like a fun time

moeotaku1
filigree hummingbird

Thanks for applying~

Devoted Friend

13,350 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Befriended 100
Anyone else gonna join the guild?

Devoted Exhibitionist

moeotaku1
Microchipped
moeotaku1
Microchipped

It's fine!! > u <

Ikr! It's like I never know what my parents will ground me for, but usually I can get around the punishments! cat_blaugh They really locked me down this time~

; A ; ahhh, sorry about that!! My parents seem to lock down on me too at times!
But hey, at least you're online now right emotion_yatta ? So not all is that bad!
moeotaku1

User: Kay
Artist and/or Writer: either or; I write and draw in my own time, but I haven't written panel-by-panel before.
Sample:
Art: color-shaded / cel-shaded / lines
Writing: [sample] Sorry for the wall-of-text; I hate the lack of a tab indentation when you copy-paste to Gaia.
Specialty: When drawing, I specialize in wings, armor, weapons, etc. I can draw men fairly well (not as good at girls). Decent at drawing creatures and monsters if needed.
Flaws: My style might not mesh well with the other artists; I really can't draw traditional anime. Trouble with feet. Not great at drawing cute things or children. Currently working on backgrounds, but still quite weak in that area.
Genre I'd Like to Make: My preference has always run towards fantasy, for both writing and art, but could probably work on anything. Fantasy, horror, etc? I'd probably be a wrong choice for romantic comedy if we go that route.
Notes: How exactly would we be collaborating on this? Would each artist be working on a distinct section/chapter of the story, or would each person do certain parts (pencils, inks, toning, etc)?
Also, are we doing digital or traditional, or will it vary by artist preference?
The Chaos Star
moeotaku1

User: Kay
Artist and/or Writer: either or; I write and draw in my own time, but I haven't written panel-by-panel before.
Sample:
Art: color-shaded / cel-shaded / lines
Writing: [sample] Sorry for the wall-of-text; I hate the lack of a tab indentation when you copy-paste to Gaia.
Specialty: When drawing, I specialize in wings, armor, weapons, etc. I can draw men fairly well (not as good at girls). Decent at drawing creatures and monsters if needed.
Flaws: My style might not mesh well with the other artists; I really can't draw traditional anime. Trouble with feet. Not great at drawing cute things or children. Currently working on backgrounds, but still quite weak in that area.
Genre I'd Like to Make: My preference has always run towards fantasy, for both writing and art, but could probably work on anything. Fantasy, horror, etc? I'd probably be a wrong choice for romantic comedy if we go that route.
Notes: How exactly would we be collaborating on this? Would each artist be working on a distinct section/chapter of the story, or would each person do certain parts (pencils, inks, toning, etc)?
Also, are we doing digital or traditional, or will it vary by artist preference?

Thanks for applying~
And to answer your questions, I've been pondering over those for a while. I want to come up with a method that will use everyone's strengths together.
My plan as of now (and it is liable to change):

1) Coming Up With A Story
Like I said, the genre wanted by the majority will win, but genre's tend to be broad and I think we could fit some of what everyone wants into it and still create something amazing. This will probably be the hard part. I'm thinking we could post a few threads in the guild that Snowblazer is letting us use.
Link to Said Guild

Anyone who has an idea would suggest it and we would just have to go from there. What I kind of expect to happen is that we do something along the lines of dropping some ideas, combining other ideas and adding new ideas all at the same time but there's not really a way that I can predict exactly what will happen. However, I do kind of expect there to be a few argument. Arguments are fine as long as they aren't too heated (Arguments show how passionate a person is about their idea and that is a beautiful thing).

2) The Building of That Story
After coming up with the initial plot summary in this way, the writers would begin to come up with conflicts and resolutions and characters. They could post these ideas that they have online and the majority would decide whether to trash or keep it (again, I expect a lot of arguing). The artists and writers would probably talk together to come up with character designs.

3) The Writing of That Story
After the conflicts and resolutions are decided, the story would be split up (probably from one conflict to the next) and the chunks given to each writer to write on their own. While writing they should absolutely postively feel free to ask the other writers for help with things like capturing the right emotion, word choice, word flow or whatever a writer may need to worry about. That is why I wanted a group of many different specialties. After the writer's chunk is written, they would post it and then it's open for suggestions by the group. At this point, I think it's best to let the writer be in charge of their own chunk so they can choose whether or need to heed the suggestions. After each writer is satisfied with their chunk, the writers should work together as a group to make sure that the story travels "seamlessly" from confict to conflict or however the story is split into the chunks and grouped into a single story. *Voila! A beautiful masterpiece is born!*

3) The Drawing of That Story
Then, that story should be split up into chunks and given to the artists. Each artist should come up with a storyboard, of course feeling free to ask the other artists and even the writers things like what angle the shot should be at, or what kind of position to put the eyebrows in to make the right kind of face or ask why the anatomy doesn't look right and anything an artist would have to worry about. The storyboard would be posted and the group would suggest what they want. Then, the lines should be posted in (I say lines as in pencil or ink since I don't know whether techy people skip the pencilling altogether) and criticized. And then a final ,with whatever tone and typesetting that is used, should be posted and criticized. I can't force artists to do things traditionally or digitally. All I ask is that you use a decent scanner and touch up the scan a bit so that it looks pretty, please.

Tell me what you guys think of this plan. Suggestions? Questions? Anything. I personally feel as though the writer is dogged a lot by majority rule. But at the same time I want a story everyone can be happy with. That's one of my main worries. Another one is that in order for this to be fun, we must really strive to learn from one another and be active in responding to each other.
I'll work out the kinks in this plan and then make some kind of timeline so that we can get "due dates"~
moeotaku1
Thanks for applying~
And to answer your questions, I've been pondering over those for a while. I want to come up with a method that will use everyone's strengths together.

Like I said, the genre wanted by the majority will win, but genre's tend to be broad and I think we could fit some of what everyone wants into it and still create something amazing. This will probably be the hard part. I'm thinking we could post a few threads in the guild that Snowblazer is letting us use.
Link to Said Guild

Anyone who has an idea would suggest it and we would just have to go from there. What I kind of expect to happen is that we do something along the lines of dropping some ideas, combining other ideas and adding new ideas all at the same time but there's not really a way that I can predict exactly what will happen. However, I do kind of expect there to be a few argument. Arguments are fine as long as they aren't too heated (Arguments show how passionate a person is about their idea and that is a beautiful thing).

After coming up with the initial plot summary in this way, the writers would begin to come up with conflicts and resolutions and characters. They could post these ideas that they have online and the majority would decide whether to trash or keep it (again, I expect a lot of arguing). The artists and writers would probably talk together to come up with character designs.

After the conflicts and resolutions are decided, the story would be split up (probably from one conflict to the next) and the chunks given to each writer to write on their own. While writing they should absolutely postively feel free to ask the other writers for help with things like capturing the right emotion, word choice, word flow or whatever a writer may need to worry about. That is why I wanted a group of many different specialties. After the writer's chunk is written, they would post it and then it's open for suggestions by the group. At this point, I think it's best to let the writer be in charge of their own chunk so they can choose whether or need to heed the suggestions. After each writer is satisfied with their chunk, the writers should work together as a group to make sure that the story travels "seamlessly" from confict to conflict or however the story is split into the chunks and grouped into a single story. *Voila! A beautiful masterpiece is born!*

Then, that story should be split up into chunks and given to the artists. Each artist should come up with a storyboard, of course feeling free to ask the other artists and even the writers things like what angle the shot should be at, or what kind of position to put the eyebrows in to make the right kind of face or ask why the anatomy doesn't look right and anything an artist would have to worry about. The storyboard would be posted and the group would suggest what they want. Then, the lines should be posted in (I say lines as in pencil or ink since I don't know whether techy people skip the pencilling altogether) and criticized. And then a final ,with whatever tone and typesetting that is used, should be posted and criticized. I can't force artists to do things traditionally or digitally. All I ask is that you use a decent scanner and touch up the scan a bit so that it looks pretty, please.

Tell me what you guys think of this plan. Suggestions? Questions? Anything. I personally feel as though the writer is dogged a lot by majority rule. But at the same time I want a story everyone can be happy with. That's one of my main worries. Another one is that in order for this to be fun, we must really strive to learn from one another and be active in responding to each other.
I'll work out the kinks in this plan and then make some kind of timeline so that we can get "due dates"~

wow you seem really organized ;A;
i think this plan would work, but for the sake of consistency in style, i think each artist should be in charge of one area of the manga (ex. one person is in charge of drawing backgrounds, one person in charge of drawing the faces, etc)
Also,, I think we should all stay connected through skype during the summer when this is actually happening, so that we can all be updated quickly and discuss things at a faster pace (not to mention we can also discuss through calls)

Ohman im getting excited * 7*
LEECHUTS
moeotaku1
Thanks for applying~

Link to Said Guild

wow you seem really organized ;A;
i think this plan would work, but for the sake of consistency in style, i think each artist should be in charge of one area of the manga (ex. one person is in charge of drawing backgrounds, one person in charge of drawing the faces, etc)
Also,, I think we should all stay connected through skype during the summer when this is actually happening, so that we can all be updated quickly and discuss things at a faster pace (not to mention we can also discuss through calls)

Ohman im getting excited * 7*

You have no idea how good it is to hear you say that I seem organized. Thanks so much!!
And about the consistency in style thing, I had though of something like that, too but I didn't want someone to be constricted to just drawing one thing when they'd rather draw something else. If everyone's okay with it, though, let's go for it~
EDIT: Also, I'm a minor and my parents would never let me sign up for Skype.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff