Welcome to Gaia! ::

CLOSED

heart THANKS FOR ALL THE APPLICATIONS heart

I would like to make a manga circle that takes place over summer when most people are out of school. Everything will take place online. I personally want the circle to be between 5 or 6 people in order to best integrate each one's individual skills in order to make at least one 40 page chapter. Not only do I want a mix of artists and writers, but I also want a mix of people who like/specialize in different genres. I also don't want any one person doing anything by themselves. If each member helps each other in each step of the process, that would be ideal. The thing is, though, that I want this project to be something that everyone can be proud of so I'm going to make a little application process to avoid super n00bs getting into the circle. ( NOTE: I'm not trying to be a perfectionist about this. In fact, I'm mostly in it for the learning experience)

Here is the form~ You could just copy and paste. Feel free to rant, ramble or post little details you don't think are that important. Post even if you think you won't be chosen. I have strange tastes, you know?
Quote:

*Quote me, if you would please*
User: (aka your username, or a supercool nickname if you so desire)
Artist and/or Writer:
Sample: (a few drawings/gallery if you're an artist, or a sample of anything you've written as a writer)
Specialty: ( I am really enthusiastic about drawing/writing ___, My best aspects is is the way I draw/write ___ )
Flaws: (I need to practice ___)
Genre I'd Like to Make: (Post what you don't really want to see, too. We will compromise on this as a team. You must accept the genre decided on by the majority. However, NO vulgarity)
Notes: (Anything else you'd like to say...comments, your expectations, goals?)

I'm not good at organizing my thoughts, so there's more...
We would need to be able to communicate with each other with ease. I'm not going to ask that we exchange phone numbers (because I personally will NOT do that), but if you're active on Gaia that should be enough. Please don't post if you can't commit. I understand summer is when people are going on vacations and if you're gone for a week toward the beginning or end of summer, that's understandable but please if you can help it. Try not to leave for a month in the middle of summer and not check Gaia at all.

So, if you're interested please post here or PM me. And thanks for reading~ I know I kind of ramble a bit.

This is what my form would look like:

User: Moeotaku1, but you can call me Moe
Artist and/or Writer: I'm mostly an artist, but I am graced by a good story every now and again
Sample: Sadly, I don't have a gallery, but here are some of my prized jewels
http://i46.tinypic.com/2l6gd0.jpg
http://i46.tinypic.com/21jun4g.jpg
http://i50.tinypic.com/15349w6.jpg
Specialty: I draw people best. I am studying panel layout and flow and also how to draw folds in clothing.
Flaws: I can't do anything digitally (excluding coloring) unless I spend hours on it. Example:
http://i50.tinypic.com/24n38mr.jpg
On it's own it may look fine, but when I compare to the pencil sketch it's just dissapointing. I'm also working on getting my hands on better pens for inking! I was working on how to write stories, too but I haven't put anything to practice yet. I hope to work on it before the summer begins.
Genre I'd Like to Make: I like shojonen where there's action with all the mushy love stuff in it too~ 3nodding I really hate battle manga that just has battle after battle with no buffers or anything (even though I did like DBZ Kai) or ditzy love stories with no important/striking conflicts.
Notes: I'm still in school. I really want to publish at least a novel on my own before I graduate. I hope we all get to know each other well and become online buddies. When we finish, if we all love it, I want to try to publish it online like on comicseries or something(if it's okay with everyone) under a super cool pen name.

Tipsy Lunatic

This idea is super cute and I love it. I don't have my computer at the moment so I can't fill out the form right now.
But my gallary is http://nekuyo.deviantart.com and I'm nothing to sneeze at when it comes to writing. I've actually been working on my own comic since the beginning of the year. All traditionally though since my computer broke down. I've gotten about 5 pages in so far.
I LOVE this idea! I'd also love to be a part of it heart

Quote:
User: Romiiru

Artist and/or Writer: Artist

Sample:
[x]
[x]
[x]

Specialty:
All my life I've considered myself an artist, and haven't really practiced much on my writing skills. I love to draw and doodle and improve my art with tutorials and advice that others give. I really, really, REALLY love to draw romance and write comics revolved around love, so I guess my genre would be shoujo XD; Im not much of a fighting type of artist but it wouldn't hurt to learn!

Flaws:
I really need to practice my coloring skills and anatomy burning_eyes I also need to expand on my perspective and the different compositions to tell a story better. Basically I need to venture out of my comfort zone of the "portrait" type drawings.

Genre I'd Like to Make: romance/ slice of life/ comedy/ school life/ Mystery/ and fantasy xD;

Notes: To make a comic hat everyone will enjoy n_n and this collaboration seems like the perfect opportunity!
The Drunken Jester

Romiiru

Thanks for applying, guys~
I'm so excited!
Not a problem biggrin Im excited too!
The Drunken Jester

Romiiru

Dyou guys have any ideas for a cool penname? I want to order a banner to put it on a so that I can shamelessly advertise. I pretty much suck at coming up with names so...but I'll make a list. I'll have to post it later 'cause I'm pressed for time at the moment! See ya~
moeotaku1
The Drunken Jester

Romiiru

Dyou guys have any ideas for a cool penname? I want to order a banner to put it on a so that I can shamelessly advertise. I pretty much suck at coming up with names so...but I'll make a list. I'll have to post it later 'cause I'm pressed for time at the moment! See ya~

Ahhh I'm never notified when you quote like this for some reason D:
And I'm not sure about any pennames XD; Hahaha It could be something simple though like how the creators of chobits call hemselves CLAMP sweatdrop I'm not creative with names at the moment hough ^^;

Tipsy Lunatic

I'm no good with naming things.... How about ManGaia-ka?
Like a manga artist is a manga-ka?
Unless not all of us are into manga.

Also I wasn't notified either. I think quoting that way breaks it for no good reason.
Quote:
User: LEECHUTS or CHUTS, but my real name is Leetia (lee-CHA) - so whatever you prefer ;w;

Artist and/or Writer: Artist, but for the writing department I could help pool in some ideas ;W;

Sample: http://re-shiimesu.deviantart.com/gallery

Specialty: I love experimenting with new styles of drawing and coloring, so if you need me to adapt to a certain style, I would love the challenge. I have been working with digital art for a couple years now, so I know how to use paint tool sai and basic photoshop.

Flaws: I would say that I need to practice more realism (I tend to veer towards a more anime or cartoon-y style)

Genre I'd Like to Make: Ohman anything, really. I do enjoy myself a good action-packed shonen manga, which could be a fun challenge to draw fight scenes and what-not, but a shoujo could also be a nice manga to try (I'm a sucker for feels-filled-romance) and drawing super adorable girls would be nice ; 7;b. BUT OH MAN; when I watch animes I usually look for an action-comedy, or a slice of life-comedy, so that would be my ideal pick ;D

Notes: I really just want to draw more. With school and work, when I get home all I want to do is just go on tumblr and maybe play some LoL, BUT NO I MUST DRAW. This summer I'm going to be quitting my job because of summer school (and really I just want to enjoy my summer) and it would be good motivation to be able to pick up a project where you work with a bunch of other talented folk who depend on your share of the work to make something amazing ;A;. However, on August 15th I'm going on a 2 week trip to Japan to attend my cousins wedding and hnng so I hope that wont interfere with this project!!

Thankyou for considering me!

LEECHUTS
Quote:
User: LEECHUTS or CHUTS, but my real name is Leetia (lee-CHA) - so whatever you prefer ;w;

Artist and/or Writer: Artist, but for the writing department I could help pool in some ideas ;W;

Sample: http://re-shiimesu.deviantart.com/gallery

Specialty: I love trying and experimenting with new styles of drawing and coloring, so if you need me to adapt to a certain style, I would love the challenge. I have been working with digital art for a couple years now, so I know how to use paint tool sai and basic photoshop.
Flaws: I would say that I need to practice more realism (I tend to veer towards a more anime or cartoon-y style)

Genre I'd Like to Make: Ohman anything, really. I do enjoy myself a good action-packed shonen manga, which could be a fun challenge to draw fight scenes and what-not, but a shoujo could also be a nice manga to try (I'm a sucker for feels-filled-romance) and drawing super adorable girls would be nice ; 7;b. BUT OH MAN; when I watch animes I usually look for an action-comedy, or a slice of life-comedy, so that would be my ideal pick ;D

Notes: I really just want to draw more. With school and work, when I get home all I want to do is just go on tumblr and maybe play some LoL, BUT NO I MUST DRAW. This summer I'm going to be quitting my job because of summer school (and really I just want to enjoy my summer) and it would be good motivation to be able to pick up a project where you work with a bunch of other talented folk who depend on your share of the work to make something amazing ;A;. However, on August 15th I'm going on a 2 week trip to Japan to attend my cousins wedding and hnng so I hope that wont interfere with this project!!

Thankyou for considering me!

Thanks for applying! Congratulations on your cousin's wedding and the trip to Japan! Sounds magical~
The Drunken Jester
I'm no good with naming things.... How about ManGaia-ka?
Like a manga artist is a manga-ka?
Unless not all of us are into manga.

Also I wasn't notified either. I think quoting that way breaks it for no good reason.

ManGaia-ka is very clever. xd Let's keep thinking, though. I know I said I would make a list but exams are coming up and I find myself pressed for time. I'll post a list when I can.

Devoted Friend

13,350 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Befriended 100
moeotaku1

Well, I'm not in school. I graduated 7 years ago and am now 24 years old. I am still interested in helping.

User: Snowblazer or just Snow
Artist and/or Writer: Writer
Sample:
Darkness. It swallows me whole; surrounding me in a deafening silence. My limbs move with ease. I look around, nothing but darkness meets the eye. A glimmer of light oscillates in the distance; my never ending curiosity pulls me towards the seemingly harmless dot. As I get closer the light splits in two, it bobs and weaves like a hyperactive child. Within feet of this mysterious light, it ceases all movement. It was then I could hear it. A low moan trailed by a growl. Hissing spawns goose bumps upon my body, my hair stands on end, and my heart jumps against my chest. Fear soaks into every nerve as I realize what the light is. Eyes. A streak of light flashes between us. It lunges and I scream.

My scream echoes off the steel walls and inside my head. Sweat rolls down my forehead, chest, and spine. My breath is quick and shallow. Fear quickly dissipates as I get my bearings. My room. Safe. I take a deep breath and hold it for ten seconds then slowly release it. The bed creaks as I fight my way out of the blankets. Light from the full moon casts a shadow on the floor as I walk by, I don't bother to turn on the light in the bathroom as I walk in. Cold water freezes the fear and shatters it to bits. I hope it erases any trace of it on my face. If only it could erase those horrible memories. I look up into the mirror. A vicious white scar stands out against my angry red skin. Hair partially blocks my sight; I need a haircut, but that could wait. I look like crap. The thought made me laugh and shake my head. Just as I was about to turn and head back to bed the alarms sounded.

“Since you stopped answering my questions.”

“It’s one question. It has no meaning to anything, no bearing at all.”

“Maybe to you.” Her voice started to crack.

“Our first meeting.” He mumbled.

Alyssa turned her head, “What?”

“Our first meeting. That’s what I was remembering. When I fell out of the tree and your eyes were staring at me in the hospital when I woke up. The night we snuck out of your house and found this.” He raised his hands, “When it rained just like last night and we were stuck out here until the early morning hours, and how Lenlou and Cophia yelled at us all day. How my mother grounded me for it.”

“Why did you not tell me when I asked?”

He shrugged and examined the floor. “Why won’t you tell me where you went all summer?”

“You really want to know?” Her gaze was distant.

“Yeah.”

She stood up and bent her face towards his, “Well, it is a secret.” then smiled.

Demetrius did not hesitate, his mind acted on its own. He lifted his head and kissed her soft lips. Alyssa pulled back, her cheeks bright with embarrassment and her eyes filled with shock. Demetrius knew then and there that he truly did love her. It wasn’t some school-boy crush or confusion. He loved her with every fiber of his being. His heart froze in terror; afraid she would reject him, slap him, or even end their friendship.

“I won’t apologize. I don’t regret it. Alyssa-”

She wrapped her arms around in; tears wove into his shirt. “I love you Demetrius!” her voice was muffled by the fabric.

“I love you too Alyssa.” His arms tightened around her waist.

She pulled back and sunk her lips deep into his; parting them with her tongue. They melted onto the bench; their minds thinking of becoming one.

Specialty: My specialties would be dialogue and creating characters.
Flaws: Flow/transitions. I am good at descriptions, actions, and dialogue however I can't seem to make all three of them flow into one another.
Genre I'd Like to Make: Well, I'm really good at fantasy, however I want to spread my wings and would love to try something new.
Notes: Umm....well. I just want my writing skills to grow.
Snowblazer

moeotaku1

I'm excited to have a writer joining~

Devoted Friend

13,350 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Befriended 100
Yay! Let me know when you have enough people to start, I'll be checking in from time to time.

Friendly Gekko

5,400 Points
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Friendly 100
  • Junior Trader 100
Quote:

User: Mitsuki, MitsukiT or Mitsuki Tachiba
Artist and/or Writer: Artist
Sample: http://mitsukitachiba.deviantart.com/ (Slightly out-of-date)
Specialty: I am really enthusiastic about drawing/writing moe girls. Which sounds weird, but who isn't?! My best aspect is the way I draw... idk.
Flaws: I need to practice guys. I can draw them, and they look fine, I just feel super awkward and it's no fun. Also color. I need to work on coloring.
Genre I'd Like to Make: Don't care. Whatever. I like comedies?
Notes: I've been working on the story for a 4-panel sort of thing for a while now. I've been getting better lately, (which isn't really reflected as much on my DA) but it gives you a good idea of my drawing style.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff