Welcome to Gaia! ::

Wealthy Capitalist

13,350 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Profitable 100
... Which can be found here: http://questcorporeal.thecomicseries.com/

But, I've been kind of wondering... I've been doing the writing myself (and would like to continue doing so) but I'm really not much of a writer. I've been scripting roughly a chapter at a time, and I was wondering if anyone has any tips for outlining a plot, or anything really. I keep a document of character files, and have mostly been letting them do the bouncing around.

I've got the basic worls down there in my head too, it's just getting it out on paper that's really difficult for me.

Wealthy Capitalist

13,350 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Profitable 100
Bumping for relevancy.

Wealthy Capitalist

13,350 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Profitable 100
Relevancy bump.

Wealthy Capitalist

13,350 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Profitable 100

Virtuous Sex Symbol

I suggest asking yourself what the story or arc as a whole is, or how it would go. For example "The story will be about the dragon that has captured the lady, who is having a mental crisis, and the valiant knight who goes to save her."

From there you ask yourself how you'll divide it into parts or chapters. Example: "Chapter one will present the setting and introduce the characters - the gloomy knight, the tough lady, and the lonely dragon. Chapter two will show how the characters meet. Chapter three will be the lady's abduction and the knight's helplessness," and so on.

Within the chapters you can put in a few pages where there's improvisation, but keep in mind a series of events that are to take place as the story progresses.

Basically it's like the chapters are compartments in a story box. Kind of.

Hope that helps and good luck!
Basic script writing tip: Start with the end.

The end of a story tells us what the tale was about (example: Empire Strikes Back= Luke finds out Darth Vader is his father).

One you have the conclusion, you can create your key plot points as building blocks for how your story will reach said conclusions. That way no matter what you do, your finger will always be on the bottom line.
Oh man, story can be SO difficult and overwhelming to tackle sometimes... Check out these podcast episodes from the paperwings podcast. Laura Innes, the lady host of the show, is a comic creator herself and offers some helpful insight specifically towards writing for comics and Brian McDonald offers up some great insight and really helpful tips for story construction.

how to write comics that engage your audience

interview with Brian McDonald on story

creating characters from your story’s theme pt 1

creating characters from your story’s theme pt 2

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items