Welcome to Gaia! ::

Popular Hunter

3,100 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Hello,

I'm seeking for advices of making a banner for webcomics. 468x60 in dimension.

What program should I use and is there a tutorial online I can look for?

Thanks in advance.

13,665 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Conventioneer 300
I don't know of any tutorials, but I just followed what the site said and looked at other people's banners to get an idea, then went on my own.

The process I took on making mine:

Photoshop is awesome and can convert pixels into inches; I then blew that size up into a larger deminsion, and drew and inked it traditionally.

I then scanned it in, and shrunk it down to proper size (this was done in photoshop) (easy because the dimensions were kept correct so not stretching or other oddness occurred).

Prettied it up, colored it, converted to a web-friendly file type and lala.

Popular Hunter

3,100 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
celestrialdarkmoon
I don't know of any tutorials, but I just followed what the site said and looked at other people's banners to get an idea, then went on my own.

The process I took on making mine:

Photoshop is awesome and can convert pixels into inches; I then blew that size up into a larger deminsion, and drew and inked it traditionally.

I then scanned it in, and shrunk it down to proper size (this was done in photoshop) (easy because the dimensions were kept correct so not stretching or other oddness occurred).

Prettied it up, colored it, converted to a web-friendly file type and lala.

thank you. i will give it a shot.

12,075 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Friendly 100
  • Member 100
personally i don't use photoshop, nothing against it, i just can't afford it, and don't want to hassle with demo.
i use a site called 'lunapic.com', you upload an image and do what ever you want to it using the navigation bar on the top and left side of the page, yes there are tons of tutorials on how to use the many different features, but a lot of the time it's self explanatory :3 check it out smile

Popular Hunter

3,100 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
blueRose98
personally i don't use photoshop, nothing against it, i just can't afford it, and don't want to hassle with demo.
i use a site called 'lunapic.com', you upload an image and do what ever you want to it using the navigation bar on the top and left side of the page, yes there are tons of tutorials on how to use the many different features, but a lot of the time it's self explanatory :3 check it out smile

thank you. it might just make my life a bit easier.

12,075 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Friendly 100
  • Member 100
hisoka hxh
blueRose98

thank you. it might just make my life a bit easier.

it;s definitely made mine easier when making banners XD if you have any troubles or questions that a tutorial doesn't cover, ask me, ive been working with it for years razz (and the undo button can confuse you now and again)

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff