Welcome to Gaia! ::

Tell me what you think

User Image
I'm not really sure what is happening based on the panel layout and framing choices. Can you give me a play by play?

Benevolent Genius

13,900 Points
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Mark Twain 100
Is this the whole story or a one shot? I like the way it looks, but I'm not sure what the story is. If I had to guess, I'd say it's either about a space whale in a bucket or the space whale requires a bucket.
Hey guys, thanks for reading my comic!

Yes, the whole story is confined to this page.

I think I'll see if anymore people wanna take a shot at it before I give you a play-by-play. (Don't get me wrong, I had no intention of giving anybody a play-by-play and consider it very bad that I should need to give one).

What you're meant to interpret this as is flexible. I have my intention, but it's open to deliberation.
I get that something significant is meant by...looking at the thing, but from just this one page and no context, I couldn't even begin to guess why. I'd expect them to run screaming. Granted, they're clearly waiting for the thing and expecting its arrival, but as to why they need to keep their eyes on it? ...I have no idea. sad

I feel like the story really ought to keep going.

Tipsy Codger

The panel layout seems perfectly clear to me, and I'm sure the story is left intentionally vague.

Still, I'd love to see this expanded a bit. I don't necessarily want to know why they can't look away, but some extra setting up perhaps? That way the tension grows until you get to this point. This feels like a great last page. Great art, too, by the way.
Zeo
I get that something significant is meant by...looking at the thing, but from just this one page and no context, I couldn't even begin to guess why. I'd expect them to run screaming. Granted, they're clearly waiting for the thing and expecting its arrival, but as to why they need to keep their eyes on it? ...I have no idea. sad

I feel like the story really ought to keep going.

There's no real answers. This is a slice of a story that isn't written. Use your imagination!
I... can't... look... AWAY! eek
Kyoujin Tsuru
I... can't... look... AWAY! eek

Hey thanks!
The Egg Man
There's no real answers. This is a slice of a story that isn't written. Use your imagination!

I see. I think I misunderstood you because I was reacting more to this:

The Egg Man
I think I'll see if anymore people wanna take a shot at it before I give you a play-by-play. (Don't get me wrong, I had no intention of giving anybody a play-by-play and consider it very bad that I should need to give one).

and thinking there was actually a certain way you were going with this comic and that you were checking to see if anyone else was following.

Popular Hunter

3,100 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
don't really get what is happening here.
Zeo
The Egg Man

I see. I think I misunderstood you because I was reacting more to this:

The Egg Man

and thinking there was actually a certain way you were going with this comic and that you were checking to see if anyone else was following.

Oh, I see. No, what I meant by that was actually understanding what's going on in the comic. People should be able to tell what's happening from panel to panel, they just aren't necessarily supposed to understand what it means. Or there isn't any correct way of interpreting it, anyway.
The Egg Man
Oh, I see. No, what I meant by that was actually understanding what's going on in the comic. People should be able to tell what's happening from panel to panel, they just aren't necessarily supposed to understand what it means. Or there isn't any correct way of interpreting it, anyway.

Ohhhh ok. I got it now. smile

Fashionable Fatcat

6,250 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Tipsy 100
hmm i like it! it seems really deep and almost ominous.. kinda reminds me of the story of Icarus, and his father, and how his father told him not to fly too close to the sun.. the next page could be that the son gets taken away because he looked away.. or is turned into a pillar of salt or something.. very interesting..

I do loooove your style btw! very unique and artistically done overall!

6,850 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Flatterer 200
So far, I like it.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items