Welcome to Gaia! ::

Lonely Phantom

10,050 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
I know you artfags out there are good, and I'm trying to do a comic book. Thing is, I ******** suck at drawing. I could write it as a book, but it's just not the same. I have visions that I think need to be really drawn out. Plus I've been reading the second half of The Walking Dead, which is a tiny bit similar to the path I'm going. So basically I'm writing the story I just need a really good artist. Keep in mind, this isn't a manga. (I know it says manga but it says Comic Creators, so, you know.)

Lonely Phantom

10,050 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

8,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Brandisher 100
Some suggestions.

To draw in an artist, its a good idea to give a summary of your story. Even better if you have previous samples of your writing in any form. Many writers that propose a comic to comic artists have nothing to show for their skill, and that worries artists. I've had some 'writers' that ended up not pulling their weight and the comic was pretty much 95% me.

Another good idea is to have an idea of how long it will be. Try to keep your first collaboration somewhat short.

State your plans on what you want to do with the comic. Webcomic? Selfpublished? Submitting to a publisher?

Lastly, whatever compensation you may be able to give them. If you have money, its the best way to get an artist to not flake on you. But if you have a skill they could make use of, that could work too.

Lonely Phantom

10,050 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Seijaku_Ishida
Some suggestions.

To draw in an artist, its a good idea to give a summary of your story. Even better if you have previous samples of your writing in any form. Many writers that propose a comic to comic artists have nothing to show for their skill, and that worries artists. I've had some 'writers' that ended up not pulling their weight and the comic was pretty much 95% me.

Another good idea is to have an idea of how long it will be. Try to keep your first collaboration somewhat short.

State your plans on what you want to do with the comic. Webcomic? Selfpublished? Submitting to a publisher?

Lastly, whatever compensation you may be able to give them. If you have money, its the best way to get an artist to not flake on you. But if you have a skill they could make use of, that could work too.

Well of course I wouldn't lead them into anything if I didnt have a story. Im just protective of my ideas. I shouldnt be paranoid, but still.

Divine Lunatic

29,475 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Elocutionist 200
i support this.
good luck!

8,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Brandisher 100
Umbrella Security Service
Seijaku_Ishida
Some suggestions.

Well of course I wouldn't lead them into anything if I didnt have a story. Im just protective of my ideas. I shouldnt be paranoid, but still.

Just as long as you're aware not putting a hook at the beginning will cost you interest. Most artists have their own ideas and won't bother contacting you unless your idea already sounds interesting. Think of it like a movie trailer. I immediately write off a trailer if I don't know what its about by the end of it. It takes some interest in the idea presented to get my butt into a movie seat in the first place.

(You'd also be surprised at the amount of 'writers' who think having an idea = writing)

You really shouldn't be as paranoid. If basic plot lines couldn't create a variety of different works, the fiction section would be significantly smaller. Execution is everything, and something a summary won't be able to capture in full.

Lonely Phantom

10,050 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Seijaku_Ishida
Umbrella Security Service
Seijaku_Ishida
Some suggestions.

Just as long as you're aware not putting a hook at the beginning will cost you interest. Most artists have their own ideas and won't bother contacting you unless your idea already sounds interesting. Think of it like a movie trailer. I immediately write off a trailer if I don't know what its about by the end of it. It takes some interest in the idea presented to get my butt into a movie seat in the first place.

(You'd also be surprised at the amount of 'writers' who think having an idea = writing)

You really shouldn't be as paranoid. If basic plot lines couldn't create a variety of different works, the fiction section would be significantly smaller. Execution is everything, and something a summary won't be able to capture in full.

Well really it's a book that I was writing (not very far into it but I have many ideas throughout) that I think comics can capture better then my writing can. I know my story is unique, however I was good at writing suspenseful moments, so says my mom anyway, and she's not gonna give me a pat on the back, she'll criticize my works. I had her hooked so idk.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff