Welcome to Gaia! ::

Beloved Explorer

3,900 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
I love manga and anime soooo much, so I started to do my own comics. One of them is called Scorpion Lips. Scorpion Lips is about a girl named Scelena who has been cursed from an ancient tale about the bull, the rainbow fish, and the scorpion. Now the curse is in Scelena's lips, meaning she can never kiss anyone ever. She goes to a schoool with legendary kids like her, all sharing similar stories. It's a great comic and I can't wait for Season ! to be all done.
Are you done with it? I would like to read it if you let me. I'm working on several right now also but they haven't been going well.

Beloved Explorer

3,900 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
I am currently still on season 1 right now, but I promise you I'll will work even faster to get them all done. I would also love to read your comics as well. Possibly we can be Gaia friends and make a club just for anime comic makers like us!! Talk to you soon hopefully.

Blessed Survivor

10,950 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Generous 100
that s romance...i don t think people will read something about a girl who can t kiss, but some villains in it some fights
ruby6176
I am currently still on season 1 right now, but I promise you I'll will work even faster to get them all done. I would also love to read your comics as well. Possibly we can be Gaia friends and make a club just for anime comic makers like us!! Talk to you soon hopefully.

A couple things.

- "Seasons" are for TV. Divisions in literature are more properly called volumes or chapters.

- "Anime" is cartoons. "Manga" is, in an English-speaking context, for Japanese or Japanese-visually-inspired comics. The only way the phrase "anime comic maker" could make sense is if you were making a fan comic based on an anime, or a licensed official comic based on an anime. "Anime" and "manga" are not interchangeable, just like "comic book" and "TV show" aren't.

Just FYI.

User Image

Beloved Explorer

3,900 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
I've been rushing and rushing to get my comics done, and there coming along well. My first comic I ever made was called "Sabor Tooth Tail", but I ripped it up and threw it away awhile ago. So after that one I began to think of new ideas, and I came up with the comic "Light and Dark". The story is about two seperate universes. One was called Light, and the other Dark. On the Light universe the Calmuncha creatures lived in piece and rained with knowledge. As for the Dark universe, the Vanitrel creatures lived with evil forces. Every so often 3 moons would align and the Light and Dark universes would go to war. But this time the dark Universe was not ready for war. So to stall time, they made 4 other universes. There called the Fire, Earth, Lighting, and Ice universe. The Light universe found out about this act and put a chosen one on each universe. One day the chosen ones will meet and finally put an end to the Dark universe once and for all. Tell me what you think about this story.

Beloved Explorer

3,900 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Another comic that I created along time ago was "Shakra and Falls of Water". This comic by far is the only comic I made with color, and it's also one of my favorites too. This story tells the tale of two sisters that lived in a time where there was no food, no vegitation, absolutely nothing. And now I have to go, but I'll continue this story another time soon.

Tipsy Prophet

8,250 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Person of Interest 200
ruby6176
This story tells the tale of two sisters that lived in a time where there was no food, no vegitation, absolutely nothing.

Where are they and why aren't they dead?
Well, so far all you've offered are vague plot descriptions, and nothing in the way of actual comics. Are you planning on showing any of the work you say you've made?

Beloved Explorer

3,900 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
yes I am planning on showing off my work, but only to people who actually want to see it and won't make mean comments about my work.
ruby6176
yes I am planning on showing off my work, but only to people who actually want to see it and won't make mean comments about my work.

Poor choice. Comments include constructive criticism, which will help you grow as an artist and a storyteller. Not to mention that most people won't want to see your work unless you show them some of it first.
ruby6176

Restricting your audience to a hand-picked group that will do nothing but praise your work, regardless of the quality, is the surest way to stay awful. Constructive criticism is like a cheat sheet for improvement. Other people can see flaws that you can't; flaws that might otherwise take you years to correct.

If I walked out of the bathroom with a trail of toilet paper stuck to my shoe heel, I'd want someone to tell me, not let me parade around like a fool because they were afraid I might not feel pretty after they let me know it was there.

And you asked me what you think about your "stories." Frankly, they're not stories. They're settings. They're ideas. Like a lot of kids who come in here that have never actually done comics (And yeah, this is me publicly stating I do not believe you've actually sat down and drawn any pages), you sound like you've got the first ten pages planned, and little else.

A girl with a poisonous kiss goes to school with other magical kids. Okay, so? And?

A bunch of element-themed universes exist, but one's gonna go away someday. All-righty. So what?

User Image

See this? You have the first dot. Very possibly even less than that. Maybe half a dot. What's the conflict? Who're the antagonists and protagonists? What's at risk? You don't know, because you haven't thought about it.

Beloved Explorer

3,900 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Ok to all the people who have been posting that I should watch what I say about who I want to make comments on my comics. I guess your right, I should allow some critics to talk about my comics. That way if one person doesn't like something, I can use that criticism to make a better plot or story line in my comics!! So I appreciate you all explaining to me what I could have caused if I didn't allow a critic or two to talk about my work. However, if someone is harping over something ridiculous, I will say something. Like I've been saying, my comics are almost complete and will soon be online for comic lovers like myself to see and read! Until then, enjoy my comic story inputs on Forums for now!! biggrin biggrin

Beloved Explorer

3,900 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Alright here is the Latest Update on a new comic story I've worked on for the past two days! The comic is called " Omni Lang ". A young boy named Omni Lang has the superhuman ability to understand any form of language. Legend says that every 60 years a child will be born with the gift of Omni-Linguism. Omni happens to be that child, born and raised in the Mountains of Nool'e to become a sheep herder. Soon his family finds out about his greatness in language and they send him off to sail the ocean blue as a language interpreter for sailors. Not only can Omni Lang understand any language, but his glasses can save any new language that he learns. Let alone does Omni know that his gift could be of good use for pirates who only want to use Omni's talent for the wrong reasons. Will Omni use his gift for evil, or will he stay strong and keep himself, and his glasses safe.

Tell me what you think about this Comic story! And post any ideas you may have for me to improve it!

Beloved Explorer

3,900 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
If anyone has any Comic Book story line ideas please let me know

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers