Welcome to Gaia! ::

6,500 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Heya, I'm Karuji, (Trence rather,heh.)
I'm working on a relatively fresh manga idea I've had in my head for some time. It's kinda hard to explain what its about at the moment now,and I've never actually made manga before... But uhm Here's a pretty brief run through of its plot:

The main characters name is Karuji Baransu. He lives in a small city called Velfar and attends Velfar High School of Battle. It takes place on a planet similar to Earth,but its geometry is different and it's called Fortua. Anyway, He attends school with his old friends Akito Mashiro and Berox Senbo. The school teaches students basic arithmetic, science, English and social studies. However it also teaches them usage of Magick and Swordplay. The world ,on another note,is split into 4 sections of countries:
The Rocklands, Inhabited by Mechas (human like robots);protected by a raging sea and rugged mountains.

The Islands, a series of islands of about.. 20 or so, each ruled by their own respective leaders. Inhabited the Hiyas,rather tropical humans. They are cool on martial arts,and sword play.

The Light Forest, and Dark forest, Inhabited by Elves. The Light forest, is located at the northern most point of the world.The Dark forest at the bottom most point. The Light forest has black trees with white leaves,with white grass that gives the forest its name, with the Black forest vise versa.

And finally the Normlands: This is where most humans live, along with Karuji. Its the most civilized and is the second largest to the Rocklands.

Heh.. That's all I really have so far. I have what at least 80% of my characters look like along with a lot more characters introduced above. But, as the topic stated, I lack an artist. Any amount of experience is okay. So If you can't help,perhaps you have a friend that can..? Thanks ^///^
it seems like it's pretty rough and generic atm, just sayin. Mostly because it appears you've described more the setting than the actual plot. But if you'd like an artist you can always read through these recommendations on what to include in your thread to attract an artist, and you can always post there if you want me to add you to the 'author looking for artist' list
Link

6,500 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
[~Ramble.Corset~]
it seems like it's pretty rough and generic atm, just sayin. Mostly because it appears you've described more the setting than the actual plot. But if you'd like an artist you can always read through these recommendations on what to include in your thread to attract an artist, and you can always post there if you want me to add you to the 'author looking for artist' list
Link

Yeah, Thinking now the plot is kinda hard for me to tell before it picks up later. But thanks for the link to the post, Its helpful. I'm gonna make this plot work out.

5,450 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Popular Thread 100
Sooooo what's the plot of the story, just out of curiosity? What does Karuji (which seems like a weird name considering you created a fantasy type of setting) want? What is his goal and what is stopping him from achieving it? It seems like you mostly establish the setting in your initial post.

6,500 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Spiral Staircases
Sooooo what's the plot of the story, just out of curiosity? What does Karuji (which seems like a weird name considering you created a fantasy type of setting) want? What is his goal and what is stopping him from achieving it? It seems like you mostly establish the setting in your initial post.

Hm.. In retrospect that is all I did .__. All right, The world is falling apart by its seams because of war. Because of this he has lost many things in his life; his parents, his hometown, and other things I don't wanna spoil. Simply put, he wants to be the ripple in the water that changes the perception of the world, going from himself (the ripple) to a vast tsunami (his friends and those who follow his cause) that awakens the world and make them see that they are all as one.

I actually havent had a chance to plot out most of the story.. Im barely a writer. Its more like an idea that Im acting on..Sorry.
You can work any idea as long as you present it well to the audience. Try writing a few scenes out that you would like to put in it; get to know your characters a little more and their motives. But it seems interesting enough but it is all up to you if it will work or not.
You should go on art sharing websites like deviantart.com and try to recruit people who are interested by posting a little about the story.

My deviantart account is CosmicAngelRaine.deviantart.com, for starters, and there are links on my page to the pages of other great artists who might be interested.

But my advice to you would be not ask people who may be busy with their own comics (like myself for instance)

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff