Welcome to Gaia! ::

5,450 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200
It's been a long time since I posted seriously (not just here, but Gaia in general)... But I'm in a strange mood.

There's a story I want to tell, and I've tried a few times in the past to get some scripts that I've written drawn up. Things have never worked out, and I think I've probably expected too much of my artists -- given that they weren't being paid for their time -- and so if I were to give things another go I'd definitely arrange things more professionally.

So, now that the history is out of the way... I have a few questions:
1) What's the best way to go about hiring an artist?
2) I appreciate people will be different, but what's the approximate going rate per page?
3) If being paid for the service, what sort of expectations would you have of a writer? Fully polished scripts ready to be drawn, or more collaborative back-and-forth?

Any other thoughts, or links to useful resources etc, would be much appreciated.
well as am artist who does comics for others I can tell you that a writer is expected to have there story blocked out and completely written. you will also need to know exactly what you want and when you want it.

most comic book artists get payed per page on a averaged of 55$ a page.

to hire a artist you have to both agree on the terms of a contract. then you both sign it.

I myself am a freelancer and we have sites you can go to. most of us have our own sites.
theinkcat.com

this is mine for example.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas