Welcome to Gaia! ::

Anxious Codger

Heya, I usually don't ask questions/advice, but anywho..dunno if this is a weird question or not...

I've got some digital comic ideas kicking around, and am wondering, what's a good technique/art program for making clean looking comic/manga panels?

I want to make ones similar style to this as opposed to a singular dividing lines.

User Image

I'm looking more purely digital as opposed to scanning, and redrawing over the scanned drawing, since I don't have a scanner, and it's a hassle using my camera.
I have a pretty unsteady hand when it comes to drawing straight, none sketchy lines.
Anywho, thanks in advance peeepers.

Nerd

Most programs come with a line tool. Many also allow you to crate a straight line by holding down the shift key when you draw. It's worth trying out a lot of different programs.

Gimp is a popular free program.
Paint Tool Sai is an excellent program, it's relatively inexpensive and easy to use.
There is also Manga Studio, it has a ruler tool and a handy perspective tool amongst other things.
Photoshop is fantastic but expensive.

Anxious Codger

Sylvester Sly
Most programs come with a line tool. Many also allow you to crate a straight line by holding down the shift key when you draw. It's worth trying out a lot of different programs.

Gimp is a popular free program.
Paint Tool Sai is an excellent program, it's relatively inexpensive and easy to use.
There is also Manga Studio, it has a ruler tool and a handy perspective tool amongst other things.
Photoshop is fantastic but expensive.

Thank!
I didn't even know about the shift to create a straight line....that i super helpful.
Manga studio 5 is good for making comics, its got a bit of everything including screen tones and 3d models you can position if you need help with angles and poses

When I got it was only 30 bucks so good deal

User Image

User Image

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out