Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hi all! I'm in the process of writing a slenderman comic, and this happens to be one of the main characters. Only problem is, SHE DOESN'T HAVE A NAME!
Who should she be?

And before anyone flips, she's not naked. She's in development and shows no intimates (ie. nipplies and naughty bits)
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Magical Investigator

22,875 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Pine Perfection 250
  • Forum Regular 100
Elysia?

I don't know. I say browse a name site and find something you like that sounds like her.

Diligent Defender

39,725 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Who watches the watchers? 25
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
Rose_Anthoney

The main things you want to consider are
1. Is she using her real name or a nickname. If it is a nick name how did she get it?
2. If the real name you have to consider the ethnicity, of herself and her parents, as well as social class, religion and level of education.
3. The region she's from play a role, too. May Louise is perfectly acceptable in the South but if you're in New York no one is going to name their kid that.
4. Finally what impression do you want people to have of your character?

Even if you decide to randomly pick a name, what you choose will give people impressions of all the information I listed above, and affect how they perceive the character. While working on your comic, you might become really attached to this character and decide to use her in other things. I personally find it impossible to rename characters, so take care and choose wisely.

If you want to answer at least the first and one other question, I would be happy to make some recommendations.
Sweet Sentiment
Rose_Anthoney

The main things you want to consider are
1. Is she using her real name or a nickname. If it is a nick name how did she get it?
2. If the real name you have to consider the ethnicity, of herself and her parents, as well as social class, religion and level of education.
3. The region she's from play a role, too. May Louise is perfectly acceptable in the South but if your in New York no one is going to name their kid that.
4. Finally what impression do you want people to have of your character?

Even if you decide to randomly pick a name, what you choose will give people impressions of all the information I listed above, and affect how they perceive the character. While working on your comic, you might become really attached to this character and decide to use her in other things. I personally find it impossible to rename characters, so take care and choose wisely.

If you want to answer at least the first and one other question, I would be happy to make some recommendations.

AMAZING...

*beep*

Diligent Defender

39,725 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
EquusLibra

AMAZING...

*beep*

Which part?
Sweet Sentiment
EquusLibra

AMAZING...

*beep*

Which part?

All of it.
In all my years of searching.. tada!!!
there it is! xp

3,300 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
You name stuff base of there characteristic or I would say name her after a pink flower cause of pink hair. here a list of pink flower names. http://descansogardenclub.org/redlist.php
Thanks for your suggestions guys, and those were some good questions to ask. Her backstory's all laid out and defined, and her future is planned out as well. The name that she's been alotted is
Nova.
As for who she is, she's quite similar to Slendy in that she's a shadowman. Unlike him, though, she's a bit deeper than shadows. Over time her powers are revealed to be, simply, to be universe-based.
She has little memory of her childhood, but she's been roaming around for centuries, unsure of who she is. One day, she stumbles upon a tall, slim man in the woods and watches as he takes a victim.
The story will follow her as she stalks him, and he her.
Their terror shall consume the human race, leaving only shadows of what once was.
She sounds kinda Mary sue if I'm too vague with it...

Diligent Defender

39,725 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
EquusLibra

All of it.
there it is! xp

Happy to be of service. Something I've discovered in all my flirting with writing is that the best way to develop a character, or anything else for that matter, is to ask the right questions. Which questions are the right ones, is something I'm still learning.
Sweet Sentiment
EquusLibra

All of it.
there it is! xp

Happy to be of service. Something I've discovered in all my flirting with writing is that the best way to develop a character, or anything else for that matter, is to ask the right questions. Which questions are the right ones, is something I'm still learning.

WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEee
yeah ... biggrin
thats real good. real helpful... biggrin

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out