Welcome to Gaia! ::

I'm trying to draw a comic but how do i make my character look like their feeling that emotion? Like what would be a good way to make a character look mad,sad,happy,excited? I don't mean how to draw them so they look that way i mean like what expressions or marks or things should i put to make them look a certain way.PLEASE HELP IF YOU CAN! Thanx!
Here's a decent expressions tutorial by the guy at PK.com...but truthfully you should use yourself as refference. Look in the mirror and make the sort of expression you want...How does your face change when you chan your mood? Now draw it.
a lot of emotion is shown in the eyes. the way they are shaped, or the way they are looking (which direction). say someone was scared. their eyes become large and almost glossed over. and say they are being sneeky, their eyes would beome thin and squinty. whee eek

also, to goalong with the eyes is the mouth. the way they grin or frown shows a lot. wink sad xd
If you're talking about sweat drops, the vein thing or stuff like that, I"d stay away from it, unless you're doing a really simple thing. I hardly ever see stuff like that used as anything other than an excuse to draw actual emotion.

Look for pictures of people with expressions. Or get people to make faces and take pictures of your own. Look at how the face changes with each. How are the eyebrown positioned? do the eyes scrunch up? waht happens with hte mouth, etc etc. Work on drawing expression from life. That will help you unserstand how it really works. Get the basics of drawing real emotion before you try to styalize it.
honestly? sometimes real life just doesn't cut it. the best thing i'd say is to read mangas really carefully, and a lot. That's what i do a lot. A thing that i always like to pay attention to is when they're really angry. The lines that a manga-ka will put to show that they're angry around their eyebrows, eyes, and nose can get really interesting and detailed. well, yea. that's the best i can advise w/out droaning on and on and on and on and.... domokun
grab a mirror, and make funny faces
Sara_san
grab a mirror, and make funny faces

Exactly.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items