Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hitched Wife

7,100 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
My only real problem is writing down the plot, I'm a drawer so I can draw it out really good. And the thought that no one will read it keeps popping up in my mind so I keep holding myself back from really starting all.
I'm not entirely sure what the problem is. You're creating a manga but don't have the plot?? Then how could you have been creating it exactly? Or is it just weird phrasing? I dunno.

Somebody told me once when I was starting out that my first comics was going to be bad. No matter what. And my second one might be too. And maybe the third. But that shouldn't be a factor in deciding whether I show the world or not. If you're not putting your work out for people to enjoy, nobody is ever going to see your work and enjoy it. And nobody ever draws just one single comic or manga and that's it, there career is over. That's just not how this industry works. And you'll probably be embarrassed about your work years later, but that shouldn't stop you from doing it now. Its n inevitability that comes with drawing comics in general and if you're that uncomfortable with the idea of putting your work out there, then you probably shouldn't be doing it.

Profitable Gaian

8,600 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Junior Trader 100
  • Conversationalist 100
No matter what, there will always be people who won't enjoy your work. If you can't handle that, then you're in the wrong industry.

Hitched Wife

7,100 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Hellraiser 500
Been doing this for years now, and im never gonna give up.

Been typing the plot up for a while now just never was good at writing what im thinking. Im only hesitant because I dont want people to read it and get the wrong ideas, ya know?

Whole life this dream I have has been shot down but o just pick my pencil up and keep going because I wanna be able to connect with people through my art and possibly help them like some series have helped me.

I know that may sound corny but... Yea

Dapper Dabbler

8,250 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
Maybe find someone to bounce ideas with if you're unsure how stuff comes across?

I have that sort of feeling sometimes too.

Feral Phantom

8,200 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Super Tipsy 200
Cannibal Creepshow

Been typing the plot up for a while now just never was good at writing what im thinking. Im only hesitant because I dont want people to read it and get the wrong ideas, ya know?

Whole life this dream I have has been shot down but o just pick my pencil up and keep going because I wanna be able to connect with people through my art and possibly help them like some series have helped me.

I understand this greatly, I struggle with the written word even when I know all the details and story direction. Biggest thing is, keep practicing. the script is important (for editors and publishers) but getting your work across visually is either as important or more important as the script (especially if you are saying youre an artist, not necessarily a writer)

try to find a formula that works. it could be different for every story, figure out one that works well consistently for you (:

I would love to see seome of your work if you have any online. and my last bit is this : keep that attitude, people will always find something wrong with your work, so you just have to keep pressing forward. good luck !

Hitched Wife

7,100 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Hellraiser 500
Static Sludge

Thank you for your words ^,^

This isn't my best stuff, a lot of it is avi art but I will be adding more since I've been drawing a lot (:

My art (:

Feral Phantom

8,200 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Super Tipsy 200
Cannibal Creepshow
Static Sludge

Thank you for your words ^,^

This isn't my best stuff, a lot of it is avi art but I will be adding more since I've been drawing a lot (:

My art (:

oh shoot sorry! I thought I responded to this already. Nice stuff, you are on your way smile don't let anyone keep you down ^^
Cannibal Creepshow

be the artist and have someone else do the writing

Hitched Wife

7,100 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Hellraiser 500
imnotaweeaboo

lol sorry but your art is a joke tbh you should focus on learning how to draw first confused

The first negative Nancy, You don't learn to draw you just do it, and just because you don't like it doesn't mean someone else wont. Opinions are like a**holes and they stink, but everyone has them . But then again that's one thing the internet is used for, bringing others down when you see something in yourself you don't like. Shame really, but hey I don't care the world is cruel and to keep it going we need cruel angry people ^-^

Feral Phantom

8,200 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Super Tipsy 200
Cannibal Creepshow
imnotaweeaboo

lol sorry but your art is a joke tbh you should focus on learning how to draw first confused

The first negative Nancy, You don't learn to draw you just do it, and just because you don't like it doesn't mean someone else wont. Opinions are like a**holes and they stink, but everyone has them . But then again that's one thing the internet is used for, bringing others down when you see something in yourself you don't like. Shame really, but hey I don't care the world is cruel and to keep it going we need cruel angry people ^-^

You said that so eloquently < 3 (: and I agree completely. besides, it doesn't matter if you're a beginner or a professional, as artists (writer, painter, w.e) we will never stop needing to learn. It's just the way it is ^ 3^ if you ever make a DA though, let me know, ill watch you (lawl sounds creepy)

Hitched Wife

7,100 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Hellraiser 500
Static Sludge

Thank you ^w^ and If I accomplish my goal you will know. Everyone in the anime world will know haha

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff