Welcome to Gaia! ::

Cunning Comrade

16,225 Points
  • Budding Witch 250
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Ghost Hunter 250
Pinky Lillix
silverstez
I think the first few pages have a little too much text though considering you need to set up the story that is probably fair enough. It seems like it would be hard to tell the story through pictures rather than words.

The artwork is very cute and it seems like a great story that I would buy for my children assuming I had children.

One thing I also noticed is some greylead lines can still be seen so be careful in future.

After reading more of it I absolute adore the characters and love how dense our little protagonist is. It is also fantastic that within the first few pages you already established the villains and heroes.

My overall conclusion, I love it, I hope you continue this comic smile

http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/comic-creators/yet-another-comic/t.81533593/ -if you would like to give me some feedback on my comic (although it is only 3 pages so far) that would be really cool. You don't have to, just asking.

Thanks a bunch for your feedback! smile I do tend to get a little text-heavy at times (particularly with upcoming pages, as it is a conversation scene), so I'll be keeping that in mind for the future. And by greylead lines do you just mean general sloppiness?

Heading over to check out your comic now!

I just remember on a couple of coloured pages seeing some grey lead lines through the colour. Not a big deal, it is just something hard to pick up on that if you noticed later you would probably kick yourself for. I really did enjoy your story though. I figure maybe on screen I don't like reading as much. I prefer reading on paper. Shame I can't print it off but man that would be expensive on ink.

Benevolent Genius

13,900 Points
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Mark Twain 100
I like it. The plot is really different.
silverstez
I just remember on a couple of coloured pages seeing some grey lead lines through the colour. Not a big deal, it is just something hard to pick up on that if you noticed later you would probably kick yourself for. I really did enjoy your story though. I figure maybe on screen I don't like reading as much. I prefer reading on paper. Shame I can't print it off but man that would be expensive on ink.

Dude, I TOTALLY agree. I enjoy reading print sooooo much better! Computer screens hurt my eyes.

And I wanna kick myself for a lot of the earlier pages. razz Hehe. The first 20 pages were started back in December, and anything over a couple months old makes me cringe.

Tenko72
I like it. The plot is really different.

Thanks! smile

Hunter

5,300 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
OH MAH GLOB DATS GEWDDD! biggrin

I love the style~
Twiggy Mcfiggy

I love the style~

Haha, thank you. XD

Edit: Just read your webcomic, and I must say, it's looking mighty fine.

Hunter

5,300 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
Pinky Lillix
Twiggy Mcfiggy

I love the style~

Haha, thank you. XD

Thanks for much! I was so worried about starting it, but it's coming along naturally so far...I'm the kind of person that thinks too much on the story and doubts everything. But, I'm jumping in anyways and doing what my brain is telling me to do!

Your comic is unique and I love the idea with the hats. I really can't wait for more :3 i'll have to do fan art for you sometime~
Twiggy Mcfiggy
Pinky Lillix
Twiggy Mcfiggy

I love the style~

Haha, thank you. XD

Thanks for much! I was so worried about starting it, but it's coming along naturally so far...I'm the kind of person that thinks too much on the story and doubts everything. But, I'm jumping in anyways and doing what my brain is telling me to do!

Your comic is unique and I love the idea with the hats. I really can't wait for more :3 i'll have to do fan art for you sometime~

fusdafhashg That would be awesome. >_>;; dskjfpapjf maybe we can do an art trade . . .? :B

And I totally get that, starting something is the worst part! It's like you get so overwhelmed by the entirety of the story, you think, "Gosh, how is this ever gonna fit into a whole comic?" and then it becomes too much and you don't wanna deal with it. But it's good to break it apart in smaller pieces. smile Whether you think of it by scene, by story arc, by page, etc.

Hunter

5,300 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
Pinky Lillix
Twiggy Mcfiggy
Pinky Lillix
Twiggy Mcfiggy

I love the style~

Haha, thank you. XD

fusdafhashg That would be awesome. >_>;; dskjfpapjf maybe we can do an art trade . . .? :B

And I totally get that, starting something is the worst part! It's like you get so overwhelmed by the entirety of the story, you think, "Gosh, how is this ever gonna fit into a whole comic?" and then it becomes too much and you don't wanna deal with it. But it's good to break it apart in smaller pieces. smile Whether you think of it by scene, by story arc, by page, etc.

Sure! I'd love to do an art trade with you :3 Just let me know when you're ready to~ I read in some of your comments on your webcomic that school has been keepin you a little busy, so I understand if we have to wait a little bit.

Lol, yep! That's exactly what goes through my mind xD Starting it really is the worst lol. But, you're right about breaking it into parts and all. That's why I only update on weekends so I don't get too overwhelmed during the week. I'm hoping that once I get the feel of things, that I will be able to update more than twice a week :O
Seeing as you've posted some more pages, I just had to read them, and all I can say is...
Keep going with this comic, its brilliant!!
I like the characterization tooforgot to mention that last time, its something you seem to excel at.
Marksmanx3
Seeing as you've posted some more pages, I just had to read them, and all I can say is...
Keep going with this comic, its brilliant!!
I like the characterization tooforgot to mention that last time, its something you seem to excel at.

Ahhh, thank you so much! Really, I appreciate you even going back to comment on this a second time. smile

Twiggy Mcfiggy
Sure! I'd love to do an art trade with you :3 Just let me know when you're ready to~ I read in some of your comments on your webcomic that school has been keepin you a little busy, so I understand if we have to wait a little bit.

Lol, yep! That's exactly what goes through my mind xD Starting it really is the worst lol. But, you're right about breaking it into parts and all. That's why I only update on weekends so I don't get too overwhelmed during the week. I'm hoping that once I get the feel of things, that I will be able to update more than twice a week :O

Ha, yeah, thanks for considering that; in the summer and during my winter break (which is longer than the average school's) I'll definitely have more free time. Also, I'm gonna be a part-time student this year, so things should be easier (crossing my fingers, anyway). But yeah, I think maybe when we both get more pages up and get further into our stories, we can do the trade. smile

And yeah, I'd love to keep updating twice a week! I'm only doing it now because I had this back-up of half-finished pages I had since December. But I think once school starts, I'm gonna be slowing down to once a week. Oh well!

Hunter

5,300 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
Pinky Lillix

Ha, yeah, thanks for considering that; in the summer and during my winter break (which is longer than the average school's) I'll definitely have more free time. Also, I'm gonna be a part-time student this year, so things should be easier (crossing my fingers, anyway). But yeah, I think maybe when we both get more pages up and get further into our stories, we can do the trade. smile

And yeah, I'd love to keep updating twice a week! I'm only doing it now because I had this back-up of half-finished pages I had since December. But I think once school starts, I'm gonna be slowing down to once a week. Oh well!

Sounds good to me! Part-time should make things a lot easier, then again it depends on which classes you get. I'd always get piled with homework no matter how many classes I took :/

I might end up going on to 3 pages pretty soon since my webcomic is like frickin tv show. Which is why I'd probably be a better animator than a comic artist. I try to make my characters have so much emotion in at least 2 panels because they are the only thing I have right now to get through the dreaded beginning of my comic lol.

Webcomics can be a pain to work on when you got other things to do, so I understand. You update, when you update. If people don't like how long it takes, then oh well lol. Artists have lives too.

Cunning Comrade

16,225 Points
  • Budding Witch 250
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Ghost Hunter 250
Pinky Lillix
silverstez

Dude, I TOTALLY agree. I enjoy reading print sooooo much better! Computer screens hurt my eyes.

And I wanna kick myself for a lot of the earlier pages. razz Hehe. The first 20 pages were started back in December, and anything over a couple months old makes me cringe.

Oh I am the same, I improve then look back on my older works and freak out. Pretty sure most artists do. Still you have a great attitude towards your art and I think your art has a lot of potential to really get you somewhere.
Twiggy Mcfiggy

Sounds good to me! Part-time should make things a lot easier, then again it depends on which classes you get. I'd always get piled with homework no matter how many classes I took :/

I might end up going on to 3 pages pretty soon since my webcomic is like frickin tv show. Which is why I'd probably be a better animator than a comic artist. I try to make my characters have so much emotion in at least 2 panels because they are the only thing I have right now to get through the dreaded beginning of my comic lol.

Webcomics can be a pain to work on when you got other things to do, so I understand. You update, when you update. If people don't like how long it takes, then oh well lol. Artists have lives too.

I think the part-time will only get hectic during Spring quarter, and that's just because of Senior Project (I'm currently planning to do a 22-page comic in 10 weeks, so we'll see how that goes.)

And emotions are good! XD I really respect animators for having the patience to animate in the first place; I feel like I draw most of my inspiration from animation, but it pretty much stays within the panels.

And yes! Artists have lives! (Sorta XD) If I had more time, I would honestly try to color every page, but it's so time-consuming!

silverstez
Oh I am the same, I improve then look back on my older works and freak out. Pretty sure most artists do. Still you have a great attitude towards your art and I think your art has a lot of potential to really get you somewhere.

smile Thank you! And yes, I think cringing at old art is something universal among all artists!
Mr. Fish is a boss. Just wanted to say that.
That Guy You Met Once
Mr. Fish is a boss. Just wanted to say that.

Hands down, best comment I've gotten so far. XD

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces