Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hiya fellow Gaians,

Have you guys ever used guest comics or been a guest comic for a webcomic before? What was your experience?

The reason why I ask is that I'm leaving for a two week vacation and don't have enough comics in the buffer to cover the time. I've seen artists do guest strips before (Tessa Stone of Hanna is not a Boys Name did a guest strip for Ian Jones of RPG World years back) and was wondering if the practice is still going on?

Thanks!

Shadowy Phantom

It's been well over a year since I've done a guest strip myself and I've never featured guest strips in my comics, but I've seen guest strips on other comics.

The practice is more common/acceptable with gag-a-day strips since there's no story to disrupt. It's a lot less common in narrative comics, since readers of those care more about following the story than updates for the sake of updates.
Kyousouka
It's been well over a year since I've done a guest strip myself and I've never featured guest strips in my comics, but I've seen guest strips on other comics.

The practice is more common/acceptable with gag-a-day strips since there's no story to disrupt. It's a lot less common in narrative comics, since readers of those care more about following the story than updates for the sake of updates.

Hmm, that is true! I wasn't thinking about the difference between gag-a-day and narrative comics. Since mine is a narrative comic, guess I better be working on that buffer!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff